Not open for further replies.
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was lucky enough to have four drops of ThermoGum to sample...

What is it?

A hot cinnamon raspberry flavoured caffeine gum.

* Instant energy rush
* Appetite suppression
* Thermogenesis

Flavour: 8/10 (taste), 10/10 (period flavour lasted). Drop 1: Initial flavour/taste was strong cinnamon with undercurrents of raspberry. Sharp and refreshing, that taste soon turned into spicy black pepper. 6 hours later and the black pepper taste was still strong. Taste faded at ~6.5 hours...Drop 2: Chewed throughout resistance session, treadmill, and stepper. Cinnamon/raspberry flavour apparent initially, turning into a sharp black pepper taste that lasted the entire time...Drop 3: Started chewing at 0810, stopping at 1810. Flavour lasted ~6 hours before it faded slightly, but then came back with the black pepper spice at ~6.5 hours. 10 hours on one piece of gum...Drop 4: Same initial flavour before becoming hot black pepper. Chewed from 1600-2000...LOVED the cinnamon/raspberry taste (nicest flavoured gum I have ever had); it would be nice if THIS flavour lasted a little longer (even if only for like an hour, since it was gone almost in 10-15 minutes). The black pepper taste however lasted HOURS (literally); this is the longest that any gum flavour has ever lasted (usually it loses it within an hour or so).

Energy: N/A. Only used ThermoGum once during training (am). However, energy was ok, especially given the session. And then to go and do 40 minutes of cardio POST-weights (with the first 20 minutes HIT) was something ELSE. I would really need to use ThermoGum in a few different situations to assess any energy effects.

Appetite Suppression: 7/10. The day that I used Drop 3 was during a day where I was away from home the entire time that I chewed the drop. I wasn't hungry that day at all (and actually did NOT want to eat; which is odd for me). However, a lot of other things have been going on that have led to a loss of appetite last week when I used ThermoGum, so although it may have made a contribution to it, not sure how MUCH.

Thermogenesis: N/A. I didn't notice anything different in my stomach between chewing ThermoGum and any 'regular' gum. Would need to try more to assess this, as well as use without any supplements that have thermogenic effects.

Overall: 8/10.

Would I use it again? Yes. The cinnamon raspberry flavour is awesome! Plus, chewing gum all the time if I am not eating is a habit. I would also use TWO drops of ThermoGum a day, instead of only the one that I used each time (it was so that I could assess it and see how it affected me over four days instead of only two); this could make a huge difference in any effects experienced.

Would I recommend? Yes. If you want a gum that has a flavour that lasts forever or that might help towards your fat loss goals.

This review is also available in my training/supplementation journal (post #625) in the Supplement Reviews/Logs subsection of the Supplements Forum: The Female Terminator Chronicles.

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
Great honest review! I can't wait to try this stuff myself!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Mmmm I want some. Can't wait till it comes out!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally, I am pouring sweat within 15 minutes of chewing a piece.

12 hours for a piece of gum? Your jaw must have gotten quite the pump! :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally, I am pouring sweat within 15 minutes of chewing a piece.

12 hours for a piece of gum? Your jaw must have gotten quite the pump! :)
Interesting. I don't sweat that easily.

Yup; like I said, I chew gum when I am not eating. No, jaw was fine: no pump; not sore.

If the cinnamon raspberry flavour lasted that long would be mint :)

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Status
Not open for further replies.