Sinus Congestion From Alpha-Burn or PLCAR?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by FYI777 View Post
    If you look it up in old pharmacology books(as rauwolfia isn't used in it's whole form nowadays) it was used years ago in a med called Raudixen@.This was the powdered whole root of Rauwolfia serpentina and nasal congestion was a "frequent complaint" of using it.
    I found it under Raudixin. Interesting sides from the pure powder at 200-400mg per day.

2. Quote Originally Posted by marmadogg View Post
    I found it under Raudixin. Interesting sides from the pure powder at 200-400mg per day.
    These are standardized for Reserpine...which is NOTHING LIKE Alpha-yohimbine.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    These are standardized for Reserpine...which is NOTHING LIKE Alpha-yohimbine.
    Gotcha...I new you would set me straight.

4. Quote Originally Posted by marmadogg View Post
    Gotcha...I new you would set me straight.
    Reserpine used to be a drug, but it had so many side effects (mostly long term) as well as an minimal tolerance for overdose that it has fallen out of favor.

Reserpine is purged from Alpha-Burn.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

5. I have been using Alpha Burn for a few weeks and my sinuses are swollen shut. I have used Afrin a few times which worked like majic but this has piqued my curiousity...

Oxymetazoline (the active in Afrin) is an alpha-1 agonist and partial alpha-2 agonist and Alpha burn is an A2- antagonist. Wouldnt the use of one to counteract the sides of the other kind of be defeating the purpose?? Sort of like taking a Beta blocker with Clen ?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Leggo my Ego View Post
    I have been using Alpha Burn for a few weeks and my sinuses are swollen shut. I have used Afrin a few times which worked like majic but this has piqued my curiousity...

Oxymetazoline (the active in Afrin) is an alpha-1 agonist and partial alpha-2 agonist and Alpha burn is an A2- antagonist. Wouldnt the use of one to counteract the sides of the other kind of be defeating the purpose?? Sort of like taking a Beta blocker with Clen ?
    I would think Afrin would act locally in the nasal passages while Alpha- Burn works systemically. You should be fine.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. wha can I stack with Alpha Burn from Rpn??
    By 805bgtymer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 04:05 PM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 05:55 PM