Sinus Congestion From Alpha-Burn or PLCAR?

iwannasurf

Awards
Does anyone know if this is a possible reaction to either of these or am I just imagining things.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
been taking both for a bit now and havent had any issues, ill keep an eye out for feedback though

qball

Awards
Does anyone know if this is a possible reaction to either of these or am I just imagining things.
Im getting some congestion as well. I think it is related to the alpha-burn, since it started about two weeks ago( about the time i started the A-B). Plcar has been a staple of mine for over a year and ive never had sinus problems from anything else in my stack. For me though, the positive effects of A-B are far outweighing the occasional stuffiness.

iwannasurf

Awards
Im getting some congestion as well. I think it is related to the alpha-burn, since it started about two weeks ago( about the time i started the A-B). Plcar has been a staple of mine for over a year and ive never had sinus problems from anything else in my stack. For me though, the positive effects of A-B are far outweighing the occasional stuffiness.
That's also what I was thinking, because there are days where the congestion isn't as bad, but still there, possibly due to A-B still being in my system. I tolerate YHCL fine, but wanted to give A-B a run to see if it stacked up any better to regular YHCL. I notice that A-B doesn't blunt appetite or stimulate me as much as YHCL, maybe I am a non responder?

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
Both my wife and I have gotten the nasal congestion. I figured it was the AB. It's not terrible, but is noticeable.

verbs

Awards
i think that i've been having some mild nasal congestion as well. had me a little worried, thought that my adenoids were regrowing.

the alpha burn has been fantastic so far, coupled with lean xtreme and the dave palumbo diet i'm leaner than ever!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yup - same here. I'm going to not take the AB for this extended weekend and see what happens.

I sound like Sloth when I breathe now....

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am prone to sinus issues and I don't get that.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Yup - same here. I'm going to not take the AB for this extended weekend and see what happens.

I sound like Sloth when I breathe now....
lol...let us know bro

JGank

Awards
I'm getting it as well. I think I'm going to forgo my second dose and see if it helps.

hadrion

Awards
Getting sinus congestion as well. Didn't even consider it was the AB though. Thought it was allergies.

Any ideas why AB could possibly cause it?

iwannasurf

Awards
I was thinking that the congestion is similar to what you would get from ED drugs? I didn't dose AB over the weekend and noticed on sunday that there was hardly any congestion at all. When I do take it the sinus effects are pretty immediate and annoying. And I haven't seen the positive effects to justify how I feel. Which is a bummer because I was excited to finally try alpha yohimbine.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was thinking that the congestion is similar to what you would get from ED drugs? I didn't dose AB over the weekend and noticed on sunday that there was hardly any congestion at all. When I do take it the sinus effects are pretty immediate and annoying. And I haven't seen the positive effects to justify how I feel. Which is a bummer because I was excited to finally try alpha yohimbine.
How are you dosing it?

iwannasurf

Awards
How are you dosing it?
2 caps on empty stomach at 6am-ish. Cardio. Eat about 1.5 hours after morning dose. 2 more caps about 8-10 hours later about an hour after a meal.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2 caps on empty stomach at 6am-ish. Cardio. Eat about 1.5 hours after morning dose. 2 more caps about 8-10 hours later about an hour after a meal.
Have you tried just using one cap?

iwannasurf

Awards
Have you tried just using one cap?
I did 1 cap twice a day for the first week, but wasn't getting the motivation/focus/drive effect some people were getting so I bumped it up. I was getting the congestion that first week but figured it was allergies and didn't pay much attention. But the issue came up around the time I started taking AB and pretty much stopped after a few days of not taking AB.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
Seasonal allergies maybe? I have sinus congestion and am not taking either.

rob561

rob561

Awards
  • Established
i just started AB and am stuffed up. its to early to blame the AB but it looks like it might be the problem.

marmadogg

Awards
I have the sinus problem too and I have cut back to one cap a day and it is extremely annoying. I have to use Afrin to workout or sleep and I am weezing all day.

I am not happy about his. Is there any OTC medicine I can take to alleviate these symptoms?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm taking it with the primatene tabs and it counters it. So if you are cutting thats an option.

marmadogg

Awards
I'm taking it with the primatene tabs and it counters it. So if you are cutting thats an option.
I am clean bulking and working on strength (very little GPP) but I wanted the nootropic effects of AB.

FYI777

Awards
If you look it up in old pharmacology books(as rauwolfia isn't used in it's whole form nowadays) it was used years ago in a med called [email protected] was the powdered whole root of Rauwolfia serpentina and nasal congestion was a "frequent complaint" of using it.

marmadogg

Awards
If you look it up in old pharmacology books(as rauwolfia isn't used in it's whole form nowadays) it was used years ago in a med called [email protected] was the powdered whole root of Rauwolfia serpentina and nasal congestion was a "frequent complaint" of using it.
Yeah, I figure that out but I wanted an OTC solution to alleviate the sinus congestion. Ephedra hcl looks like my best bet.

I am going to take on cap a day (12.5mg) to start. I should be good to go.

CVS here I come!

bigdogdaddy

Awards
iv been getting bad congestion as well, have to take afrin to go to sleep

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I've been using AlphaBurn for 1 1/2 weeks and am congested.

jamjoe

Awards
AlphaBurn congested me as well. A decongestant nasal spray (afrin) cleared it right up, but you are not supposed to use afrin long term, so I stopped taking AlphaBurn.

marmadogg

Awards
My wife hid all the Afrin so I bought some more and stashed the new Afrin where she cannot find it...

Ephedrine hcl did not help with the nasal congestion but psuedoephdrine works wonders although the 12 hour dose only lasted 7 or 8 hours.

I really like AB but if I keep taking it I will become addicted to Afrin for sleeping...not good. :eek:

Last edited:

marmadogg

Awards
I found it under Raudixin. Interesting sides from the pure powder at 200-400mg per day.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I found it under Raudixin. Interesting sides from the pure powder at 200-400mg per day.
These are standardized for Reserpine...which is NOTHING LIKE Alpha-yohimbine.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gotcha...I new you would set me straight. :D
Reserpine used to be a drug, but it had so many side effects (mostly long term) as well as an minimal tolerance for overdose that it has fallen out of favor.

Reserpine is purged from Alpha-Burn.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
I have been using Alpha Burn for a few weeks and my sinuses are swollen shut. I have used Afrin a few times which worked like majic but this has piqued my curiousity...

Oxymetazoline (the active in Afrin) is an alpha-1 agonist and partial alpha-2 agonist and Alpha burn is an A2- antagonist. Wouldnt the use of one to counteract the sides of the other kind of be defeating the purpose?? Sort of like taking a Beta blocker with Clen ?

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
I have been using Alpha Burn for a few weeks and my sinuses are swollen shut. I have used Afrin a few times which worked like majic but this has piqued my curiousity...

Oxymetazoline (the active in Afrin) is an alpha-1 agonist and partial alpha-2 agonist and Alpha burn is an A2- antagonist. Wouldnt the use of one to counteract the sides of the other kind of be defeating the purpose?? Sort of like taking a Beta blocker with Clen ?
I would think Afrin would act locally in the nasal passages while Alpha- Burn works systemically. You should be fine.