PLCAR Taste suggestions

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,515
    Rep Power
    831746
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    PLCAR Taste suggestions


    Thread to recommend easiest dosing. PLCAR is a bit sour.

    So far:

    Pink Lemonade Crystal Light
    Watermelon Xtend

    lately (for morning) -

    MaxMuscle Banana protein blend.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  2. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,512
    Rep Power
    6474684
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    68.47%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Hows it taste in comparison to ALCAR?. I don't mind the taste of alcar, in fact its pretty good I take it right out of the container in a 1/2 teaspoon measure and just eat it and have some water.
  3. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,515
    Rep Power
    831746
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Hows it taste in comparison to ALCAR?. I don't mind the taste of alcar, in fact its pretty good I take it right out of the container in a 1/2 teaspoon measure and just eat it and have some water.
    whereas I would consider ALCAR to be vinegary sour, PLCAR is just straight sour...just a hair worse than ALCAR.
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774633
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    whereas I would consider ALCAR to be vinegary sour, PLCAR is just straight sour...just a hair worse than ALCAR.
    Hair of the dog!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  5. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774633
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Thread to recommend easiest dosing. PLCAR is a bit sour.

    So far:

    Pink Lemonade Crystal Light
    Watermelon Xtend

    lately (for morning) -

    MaxMuscle Banana protein blend.
    Have you tried it with any Purple Wraath flavour?
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  6. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,522
    Rep Power
    41252
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    whereas I would consider ALCAR to be vinegary sour, PLCAR is just straight sour...just a hair worse than ALCAR.
    SO you mean together they cancel out?

    I'll probably just take them both straight and then follow with water like I did with most supps in the past.
  7. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,515
    Rep Power
    831746
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Another winner - Low Carb Monsters.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  8. Board Sponsor
    Urban Monk's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    14388
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    8.8%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Take it w/ some Strange. You don't have to worry about the taste of PLCAR when the taste of Strange is lingering on your mouth. :-P
  9. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    667
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Hypothetically, dont they both warrant excellent benefits? Why havent they been combined then (yet)?
  10. Advanced Member
    Jag's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    691
    Rep Power
    99122
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    71.95%

    I've wanted to try PLCAR for a long time.

    When is it going to be available? Sorry if this has been asked before, I haven't been around much
  11. Elite Member
    john123131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    2991
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    9.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    lemon lime crystal light works well for masking flavours for me.
  12. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,515
    Rep Power
    831746
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    I've wanted to try PLCAR for a long time.

    When is it going to be available? Sorry if this has been asked before, I haven't been around much
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/r...100-grams.html
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  13. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1682
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    65.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Whats a dosing recommendation?
  14. Board Supporter
    TMack40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    31
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    299
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    82.56%

    The taste of PLCAR is mild enough for me to just scoop it into my mouth and chase with water. It's a little worse than ALCAR as said, but not bad at all.
  15. Advanced Member
    Jag's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    691
    Rep Power
    99122
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    71.95%

    Thanks dsade, I read a bit of the description on the NP site but a lot of it was WAY over my head!!

    Could you give a quick "in a nutshell" rundown the differences between PLCAR and ALCAR? I'm in the middle of discussions with the wife on WHY i have to make another order soon!!!

    I love ALCAR. I've just added 1/2 a t-spoon to my Citrulline Malate / Beta-Alanine pre workout drink. Having GREAT workouts and find it has body composition potential and adds that mental kick that was missing. I train at 4:00 am so the mental thing is vital. Does the PLCAR have these benefits?
  16. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,515
    Rep Power
    831746
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    Thanks dsade, I read a bit of the description on the NP site but a lot of it was WAY over my head!!

    Could you give a quick "in a nutshell" rundown the differences between PLCAR and ALCAR? I'm in the middle of discussions with the wife on WHY i have to make another order soon!!!

    I love ALCAR. I've just added 1/2 a t-spoon to my Citrulline Malate / Beta-Alanine pre workout drink. Having GREAT workouts and find it has body composition potential and adds that mental kick that was missing. I train at 4:00 am so the mental thing is vital. Does the PLCAR have these benefits?
    The body comp benefits of PLCAR far outweigh those of ALCAR.

    The same boost ALCAR gives you mentally, PLCAR gives you physically.

    It has a special high affinity for skeletal and heart muscle, so delivers fuel there preferentially boosting endurance dramatically.
  17. The BPS Rep
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,062
    Rep Power
    350693
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I've been mixing 1g PLCAR with 1.5g ALCAR 2x/day and taking it straight; the taste isn't really an issue.

    ALA gives me hives, so though I'd like to take it in conjunction with the CAR, I have to opt for other antioxidants; usually Reverse and VitC.
  18. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,515
    Rep Power
    831746
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    I've been mixing 1g PLCAR with 1.5g ALCAR 2x/day and taking it straight; the taste isn't really an issue.

    ALA gives me hives, so though I'd like to take it in conjunction with the CAR, I have to opt for other antioxidants; usually Reverse and VitC.
    what about the electrolyte stabilized ALA molecules? The MOA really cannot be duplicated by things like Vit c.
  19. The BPS Rep
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,062
    Rep Power
    350693
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I have been getting some K-R-ALA in Glycobol, and I haven't been having issues with it - I don't know what dose that is at, though. I didn't realize there was a specific MOA that needed to be accounted for. I'll keep experimenting with the KRALA after I'm out of Glycobol and see what happens.

    Thanks Matt
  20. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,515
    Rep Power
    831746
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    I have been getting some K-R-ALA in Glycobol, and I haven't been having issues with it - I don't know what dose that is at, though. I didn't realize there was a specific MOA that needed to be accounted for. I'll keep experimenting with the KRALA after I'm out of Glycobol and see what happens.

    Thanks Matt
    ALA prevents intracellular damage...very important when you rev up mitochondrial function with Carnitine esters , thus increasing oxidative waste.

    K-R-ALA is a great form.
  21. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,515
    Rep Power
    831746
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Gatorade Orange G2 is EXCELLENT for covering up the taste.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  22. The BPS Rep
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,062
    Rep Power
    350693
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    ALA prevents intracellular damage...very important when you rev up mitochondrial function with Carnitine esters , thus increasing oxidative waste.

    K-R-ALA is a great form.
    I thought all antioxidants had intracellular function. I knew that oxidation increases in result of increased ATP generation - I just had assumed that any antiox would do the trick. Isn't ALA also somehow a cofactor to carnitine function?
  23. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,515
    Rep Power
    831746
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    I thought all antioxidants had intracellular function. I knew that oxidation increases in result of increased ATP generation - I just had assumed that any antiox would do the trick. Isn't ALA also somehow a cofactor to carnitine function?
    This is a pretty decent summary of why ALA it unique.

    http://intelegen.com/nutrients/rlipoic_acid.htm

    Yes, it works with Carnitine extremely well - but I don't want to spill my beans just yet and this was part of the Mitochondrial Boost product (now blending into MACHINE).
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  24. The BPS Rep
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,062
    Rep Power
    350693
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    That link is an AWESOME read - I never knew how different antioxidants interacted with each other!

    Also: Mitochondrial Boost Product? Do tell!
  25. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,515
    Rep Power
    831746
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    That link is an AWESOME read - I never knew how different antioxidants interacted with each other!

    Also: Mitochondrial Boost Product? Do tell!
    They absolutely do. NOxidant took me a ridiculous amount of research and hours tailoring each anti-ox just right in order to maximize punch and prevent pro-oxidation. ALA and SOD (in each of its forms) are your super potent mitochondria anti-oxidants, keeping the machinery humming along perfectly.

    Mitochindrial Booster is being merged with the MACHINE formula, as an all encompassing endurance/strength augmentor. More details will be comign soon.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  26. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    380
    Rep Power
    4704
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    68.93%

    Talking


    I mixed 1.5 grams into my morning oatmeal today (2 scoops ATW Choc-PB, 1tsp Cinnamon, 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder) and couldn't even detect it. I think I'll be doing my morning dose like this from now on.

    I also mixed 1.5g PLCAR into my ULTIMA yesterday with a 1/2 tsp Citrus Dew flavoring. It was also undetectable, and my workout was friggen insane. As if Ultima wasn't complete enough, I think the PLCAR works great with the formula! I will continue the night doage like this as well
  27. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1682
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    65.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by testosteronet View Post
    What is the dosimg...1tsp or 1 tbsp equals how much plcar?
    Also, how much PLCAR is in Eviscerate?
  28. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,745
    Rep Power
    1317333
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    29.96%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Another winner - Low Carb Monsters.
    Sold. My only real vice anymore is these damn things. I try to only have a few a week as opposed to the 2-3 I used to have per day.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  29. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,515
    Rep Power
    831746
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by testosteronet View Post
    What is the dosimg...1tsp or 1 tbsp equals how much plcar?
    1 tsp is about 4 grams.

    Dosage recommendation is around 1-1.5 grams twice a day, in the morning and preworkout being ideal.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  30. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,515
    Rep Power
    831746
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    Also, how much PLCAR is in Eviscerate?
    Enough.

    I'm unfortunately not going to reveal individual components of Eviscerate, but there are between 2-3 grams of PLCAR in Eviscerate.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  31. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1682
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    65.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Enough.

    I'm unfortunately not going to reveal individual components of Eviscerate, but there are between 2-3 grams of PLCAR in Eviscerate.
    I wasn't looking for exact figures. Is that 2-3 in a dose of E or in the bottle?

    I was going to pick up some PLCAR to use while I'm cutting, but I also going to be using E twice a day.
  32. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,515
    Rep Power
    831746
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    I wasn't looking for exact figures. Is that 2-3 in a dose of E or in the bottle?

    I was going to pick up some PLCAR to use while I'm cutting, but I also going to be using E twice a day.
    If I could cram 2-3 grams of PLCAR into a single dose of E, I would be a GOD!

    That's per bottle.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  33. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1682
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    65.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    If I could cram 2-3 grams of PLCAR into a single dose of E, I would be a GOD!

    That's per bottle.
    Thanks.
    I thought that was a stupid question, but I sometimes have to ask stupid questions.
  34. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,515
    Rep Power
    831746
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    Thanks.
    I thought that was a stupid question, but I sometimes have to ask stupid questions.
    I'm just bustin your chops.
  35. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1682
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    65.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    1 tsp is about 4 grams.

    Dosage recommendation is around 1-1.5 grams twice a day, in the morning and preworkout being ideal.
    Is it best taken on an empty stomach? Or does it not matter? The preworkout dose should be taken how long before you train?
  36. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,515
    Rep Power
    831746
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    Is it best taken on an empty stomach? Or does it not matter? The preworkout dose should be taken how long before you train?
    doesn't much matter....I add it to protein shakes lately.

    Should be take 30-45 minutes prior.
  37. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1682
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    65.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    doesn't much matter....I add it to protein shakes lately.

    Should be take 30-45 minutes prior.
    Thanks Matt.

    I found a 1/4tsp measuring spoon, so I assume that would be about 1g.
  38. Elite Member
    john123131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    2991
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    9.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    Thanks Matt.

    I found a 1/4tsp measuring spoon, so I assume that would be about 1g.
    yup

    i take mine just with water 30-45 min preworkout..
  39. Advanced Member
    dollar662's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    15172
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    75.76%

    I use a 1/4 tsp and and take it straight and chase with Xtend. Taste isnt THAT bad and fades fast

    or sometimes I just mix in xtend pre workout
  40. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1682
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    65.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Is a second dose still recommended on off days?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 10:33 PM
  2. PLCAR from NP
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 09:02 PM
  3. PLCAR?!
    By Mrjustin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 02:23 AM
  4. Plcar
    By Imeniaan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 07:09 PM
  5. Plcar
    By RobInKuwait in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 11:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in