dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any interest in these? Can probably do a bottle of 50, 500mg softgels for about $17.

It's way more potent than Fish Oil, and makes a good combo to lower your fish oil dose. Shows some promised balancing blood lipids (lowering LDL and overall cholesterol, and raising HDL) without too much negative impact on anabolism (like fish oil).

Should be the perfect adjunct to a cycle.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually...NOW has 60 for about $19.79. Guess I had better do 60 for $19 even.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats cheaper than what I bought them for last time at sams club if I remember right. Now that vitamin shoppe has stopped carrying their in house brand of liquid fish oil, i've gone on to just caps again, and lowered my dose to more normal levels.

So thats a "yes" for me :D

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Sounds interesting...not familiar with krill oil.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I mentioned that in an omega thread before. I'm down for a bottle or 2!! Just roll it out.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ive read some good stuff about krill oil.

If its good enough for the largest mammal in the world then Im in for 2 bottles! :D

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get 60 softgels 500mg for $9.99
Well...no way I can do that at my voume range...that what I pay before bottle and label.

My supplier is top notch. What brand is going that cheap? That is actually suspiciously cheap, considering NOW brand, with their impeccable quality control and usually phemonenal pricing, is $19 for 60.

d77

Awards
I am definitely in. I have been hearing about krill oil for the last couple of years and with RPN's reputation...I'm all over it

endless

endless

Awards
  • Established
Well...no way I can do that at my voume range...that what I pay before bottle and label.

My supplier is top notch. What brand is going that cheap? That is actually suspiciously cheap, considering NOW brand, with their impeccable quality control and usually phemonenal pricing, is $19 for 60.
It is NSI KriaXanthin Antarctic Krill Oil. I am using it now. This is by far the cheapest I have ever seen Krill oil. I do not know much about the NSI brand. But they have excellent pricing on most of their items.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is NSI KriaXanthin Antarctic Krill Oil. I am using it now. This is by far the cheapest I have ever seen Krill oil. I do not know much about the NSI brand. But they have excellent pricing on most of their items.
Is this the Vitacost brand?

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
certainly sounds interesting

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What's the epa dha content and what makes this superior to fishoil besides the possible slime effect on anabolism?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I AM IN THIS ONE FOR SURE, krill oil is a very good oil for overall health.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, for cardiac protection every study has shown it at least 3-6x as effective as fish oil. the thing I haven't seen as much of is its joint effects. Still, for the cost it would be worth it just for the cardiac + cholesterol. 1g of krill + 3g fish oil a day

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah, for cardiac protection every study has shown it at least 3-6x as effective as fish oil. the thing I haven't seen as much of is its joint effects. Still, for the cost it would be worth it just for the cardiac + cholesterol. 1g of krill + 3g fish oil a day
That's the protocol I'm doing. In the morning, 500mg Krill and 1 fish oil. Right before bed, 500mg Krill and 2 g fish oil.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that seems to be the most sensible. now I want to go buy some krill caps :D

last ones I bought were 19.88 for 90 ct of 300mg

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They're on the way. Labels will be here in about 8 days.

JGank

Awards
what is the best dose for fat loss? They help out in that regard right?

endless

endless

Awards
  • Established
That's the protocol I'm doing. In the morning, 500mg Krill and 1 fish oil. Right before bed, 500mg Krill and 2 g fish oil.
I am just starting my second month of 1 gram a day of Krill oil. I am going to do three months and have my lipid profile checked. I want to see the effects. I know what 15 grams of fish oil a day did for me last year. Dropped my cholesterol over 100 points in three months. I let my lipids get out of control since then and my cholesterol is 265 as of two months ago. I am not taking any fish oil with this for a fair test.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am just starting my second month of 1 gram a day of Krill oil. I am going to do three months and have my lipid profile checked. I want to see the effects. I know what 15 grams of fish oil a day did for me last year. Dropped my cholesterol over 100 points in three months. I let my lipids get out of control since then and my cholesterol is 265 as of two months ago. I am not taking any fish oil with this for a fair test.
There seems to be quite the tie-in between lipid panel detriment, androgen activity, and liver strain due to alterations of the phospholipid content of cellular membranes.

Given that Krill oil is VERY phospholipid rich, as opposed to fish oils triglyceride forms, my particular interest in this is both DURING cycle amplification of androgenic effect, and preservation of lipid balance as well as rapid Post Cycle recovery.

If anyone has an understanding doc, planning a cycle soon, and willing to get blood panels done I'd like to put together a protocol and provide the product to see the effects in vivo.

endless

endless

Awards
  • Established
There seems to be quite the tie-in between lipid panel detriment, androgen activity, and liver strain due to alterations of the phospholipid content of cellular membranes.

Given that Krill oil is VERY phospholipid rich, as opposed to fish oils triglyceride forms, my particular interest in this is both DURING cycle amplification of androgenic effect, and preservation of lipid balance as well as rapid Post Cycle recovery.

If anyone has an understanding doc, planning a cycle soon, and willing to get blood panels done I'd like to put together a protocol and provide the product to see the effects in vivo.
Well I would not be a good candidate for this. I am on hrt and don't do pct. But I do mange to find that the ml's per bottle seem to double at certain times of the year.:smirk: But if there is anything I can help you with just ask.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
They're on the way. Labels will be here in about 8 days.
This is def a go then?Was gonna do a DCP/ALPHABURN/OMEGA 3 stack, but will def use this instead if its coming.

Den54

Den54

Awards
Not necessarily a super bad thing, but there has been a lot of speculation about quality control of the NSI brand.

Thanks for the info. I've been using NSI products for some time and have been very pleased with them. But then again who knows?

Home page at their website states that they were to be certified GMP by 3/09.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Krillipid Balance should be out shortly.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Shaweeet! My HDL thanks you! :D

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shaweeet! My HDL thanks you! :D
I won't comment on muscle growth (too many confounding factors with the Eviscerate trials), but it's steady.

Things I have noticed most dramatically -

Mood improvement/stress reduction
Libido (and corresponding increase in...shall we say liquid volume)
highly responsive vascular tissue (could be unrelated - though there is some evidence)
generalized feelings of health (hard to qualify more than this)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting. Were you taking fish oil up until you began the Krill?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting. Were you taking fish oil up until you began the Krill?
Yes...6-7 grams per day.

I reduced the fish oil down to 2 grams per day (once am once pm) combined with 500mg, twice a day of Krill.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well damn. That IS impressive.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Scibbly, bibbly boo....Alpha-GPC is soon to be added back in, too.

I love it when a plan comes together.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
rabbievil

rabbievil

Awards
i read somewhere that omgega 3 in phospholipid form would be bad because they are excreted into the bile?not sure,thats why i am asking the q.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i read somewhere that omgega 3 in phospholipid form would be bad because they are excreted into the bile?not sure,thats why i am asking the q.
They are absorbed intact, which means bile is NOT necessary for absorption -as opposed to the Triglyceride form, which requires emulsification.

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
I'm in! decent price for what looks to be good product