Virile Mane-the flake issue

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
As I ordered 3 bottles I decided to see if they all have a flake issue.

One thing I noticed is that there are 2 label types. I have 1 of type A and 2 of type B. So far I have just tested one of each but tonight I will try the last bottle of type B.

A Ingredient label is along the centre of the bottle
-This is the bottle with the fake issue(many of them which are thin, hard, and dark red), and the colour of the products is more yellowish and not as dark.

B Ingredient label is a separate label that is pasted along the bottom of the bottle
-This one seems fairly flake free with a much darker yellow colour, and more brownish which I attribute to the undisolved red flakes component be fully incorrporated.

Not certain if the flake issue is prevalent for only bottles with the type A lablel

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
I have some pics that are terrible quality but I am not certain on how to resize.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As I ordered 3 bottles I decided to see if they all have a flake issue.

One thing I noticed is that there are 2 label types. I have 1 of type A and 2 of type B. So far I have just tested one of each but tonight I will try the last bottle of type B.

A Ingredient label is along the centre of the bottle
-This is the bottle with the fake issue(many of them which are thin, hard, and dark red), and the colour of the products is more yellowish and not as dark.

B Ingredient label is a separate label that is pasted along the bottom of the bottle
-This one seems fairly flake free with a much darker yellow colour, and more brownish which I attribute to the undisolved red flakes component be fully incorrporated.

Not certain if the flake issue is prevalent for only bottles with the type A lablel
WE made a discovery that A label type didn't remain stuck to the bottle. This was the FIRST shipment made to Nutra.

B is all subsequent shipments.

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
Regardless, I trust that Matt has made a great product just thought that I would share

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have B, I think, with flakes. :D

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have bottle B, and still have the flakes issue w/ the rooibos tea.

That said, this formula is awesome.

1. Best applicator I have ever used. I LOVE the bottle design.

2. Best consistency I have ever seen of any product. I hate the runny sprays, and also cannot stand the cremes. This the perfect lotion consistency, and it spreads very easily.

3. Drying is pretty fast also. It does leave some yellow staining, and since I keep my hair cut to the skin, you can definitely see that aspect.

Overall, so happy I finally got to use some of the final VM. Definitely heads/tails above the beta!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't think you need to apply so much that you can see staining. If you rub it in, you can't see it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Overall, so happy I finally got to use some of the final VM. Definitely heads/tails above the beta!
HAHAHAHAAH...now you see why I absolutely had to wait. I refused to release that runny staining nightmare of a beta (even though it worked) until I had everything dialed in.

frangipani68

Awards
Does this mean that those of us that got the kind with flakes, also got an ineffective product? If the flakes are not able to get into the follicles, then are we missing one of the key elements?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does this mean that those of us that got the kind with flakes, also got an ineffective product? If the flakes are not able to get into the follicles, then are we missing one of the key elements?
Not at all. The small amount that would have clumped isn't enough to reduce the effectiveness.

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
Every squirt- say a teaspoon amount has at least one fake(if not more) in my first bottle- sample A.

The first sample B bottle looks decent though.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Every squirt- say a teaspoon amount has at least one fake(if not more) in my first bottle- sample A.

The first sample B bottle looks decent though.
If you find it too annoying, or if it gets worse, send me an email to mpearson at recomp dot com and we can work something out, whether replacement or credit.

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
I have bottle B, and still have the flakes issue w/ the rooibos tea.

That said, this formula is awesome.

1. Best applicator I have ever used. I LOVE the bottle design.

2. Best consistency I have ever seen of any product. I hate the runny sprays, and also cannot stand the cremes. This the perfect lotion consistency, and it spreads very easily.

3. Drying is pretty fast also. It does leave some yellow staining, and since I keep my hair cut to the skin, you can definitely see that aspect.

In regards to point 3, I also see some yellow staining from my sample B bottle, more than the sample A one. It does dry super quickly, which is great.

I am so glad to finally be able to use this product!!!

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
If you find it too annoying, or if it gets worse, send me an email to mpearson at recomp dot com and we can work something out, whether replacement or credit.
Thanks for the offer but I am not looking for a replacement but rather just giving you info to help you tweak production.

I realize that there is a huge difference between making a small batch for testing purposes vs. when making a ramp up to a distribution volume.

Matt, as long as you think that the product is still effective that is all that matters and not the flakes

On an aside- do you think that the product will effect blood work for gh and prolactin? I will be taking blood work to verify my old levels and such in about 1.5 weeks. I am off all other supps besides this which I just started. Thoughts?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In regards to point 3, I also see some yellow staining from my sample B bottle, more than the sample A one. It does dry super quickly, which is great.

I am so glad to finally be able to use this product!!!
Emu Oil is a PHENOMENAL penetration enhancer. Weirdest, yet coolest, thing I have gotten to play with in a long time.

I plan on using it in more topicals, for sure.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On an aside- do you think that the product will effect blood work for gh and prolactin? I will be taking blood work to verify my old levels and such in about 1.5 weeks. I am off all other supps besides this which I just started. Thoughts?
Systemically, no.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I haven't had any "flakes" in my entire first bottle so far. I have 3 bottles so I guess we'll see if I encounter any...but if it continues to work like it has been...I don't care if there's friggen SnowFlakes in there!

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
You must be lucky as all 3 of mine have them-early results look promising though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 8
travbedaman Evomuse 8
Evomuse 4
Evomuse 21
dsade Evomuse 115