dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Antibacterial soaps, sterile conditions, processed foods, recirculated air, sedentary lifestyle - it all comes round to bite you in the end.

More and more, childhood and adult inflammatory conditions are being tied to early and late onset life-threatening diseases (asthma, skin disorders, cancer, heart disease) and more and more Gut bacterial floral imbalances are playing a major role in etiology.

Formula-fed babies are not having their intestines populated by the natural bacteria they normally receive from the mother's breast - which leaves them in a weakened immune state and vulnerable to opportunistic colonization of strains which are either inefficient or downright hostile - leading to a host of disorders.

RPN, the company that brought out the most potent probiotic on the market, Gut Health, now bring the same badass probiotic in a kid-friendly form. ProBioTarts contain the patented KE-99 strain of probiotic used in Gut Health, at a reduced dosage to account for age and weight differences, then encased in a delicious tart candy.

We're just perfecting the flavor, and expect these to be released soon - hopefully in time to stave off winter illness season.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
:food: If I had kids I would be all over this. Great product idea. Hope it takes off for you!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
:food: If I had kids I would be all over this. Great product idea. Hope it takes off for you!
We have a good number of customers that are in education, and this is by FAR (other than some type of ADD herbal treatment that we have in early development) the most requested product - something to keep sickness at bay.

They will be comarketed with the standard Gut Health to try to keep the classrooms healthy.

I wanted to do a gummy, to go along with the gummy vitamins that my kids LOVE, but gummy processing involves water which compromises the survivability of the organisms.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Damn! Nice innovations ya got going on!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
sounds good! I'll have to buy some to see what there like. I'm just a big kid really :D

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
Great idea for a product! Congrats. Just one question though, don't you need enteric coating for the bacteria to reach your intestines? So how do you ensure the bacteria will reach the intestines alive?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great idea for a product! Congrats. Just one question though, don't you need enteric coating for the bacteria to reach your intestines? So how do you ensure the bacteria will reach the intestines alive?
We are granulating the organisms, then enteric coating the granules. The only thing I am not pleased about is the fact that the organisms will have to be freeze dried, which will compromise SOME of them - but considering the impossibility of getting smaller children to swallow a capsule, this is a workable (if not ideal) solution.