Tie in supporting my previously reported synergy between CLA and DCP - AnabolicMinds.com

Tie in supporting my previously reported synergy between CLA and DCP

1. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Tie in supporting my previously reported synergy between CLA and DCP

Obesity (Silver Spring). 2008 Jul 24. [Epub ahead of print]
    Related Articles, Links
    Click here to read
    Conjugated Linoleic Acid-induced Fat Loss Dependence on Delta6-desaturase or Cyclooxygenase.

Hargrave-Barnes KM, Azain MJ, Miner JL.

[1] 1Department of Animal Science, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska, USA [2] 2Division of Animal and Nutritional Sciences, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA.

Objective:To determine whether conjugated linoleic acid (CLA)-induced body fat loss is dependent upon metabolism of CLA by Delta6-desaturase, cyclooxygenase, or lipoxygenase.Methods and Procedures:Mice were fed diets with or without CLA and inhibitors to either Delta6-desaturase (SC-26196), cyclooxygenase (aspirin), or lipoxygenase (nordihydroguaiaretic acid (NDGA)) for 2 weeks. Body fat percent, lean mass, fat pad weights, liver weight, and fatty acid concentrations were determined. A Delta6-desaturase index was calculated, and adipose tissue prostaglandin E(2) (PGE(2)) and leukotriene B(4) (LTB(4)) concentrations were determined to confirm enzyme inhibition.Results:Inhibition of Delta6-desaturase and cyclooxygenase were confirmed. CLA caused a loss of body fat (P < 0.001). The body fat loss was blocked (P = 0.08) by the Delta6-desaturase inhibitor at a dose that decreased (P < 0.05) the calculated index. Aspirin and NDGA had no effect on body fat and did not interact with CLA.Discussion:Inhibition of Delta6-desaturase prevented CLA from being able to cause a body fat loss. Therefore, a desaturated metabolite of CLA appears to be involved in the CLA antiobesity effect. This effect of CLA does not seem dependent upon cyclooxygenase. Because lipoxygenase activity was not blocked by NDGA, we cannot draw conclusions about its importance in mediating the antiobesity effect of CLA.Obesity (2008) doi:10.1038/oby.2008.338.

J Lipid Res. 2005 Apr;46(4):706-15. Epub 2005 Jan 16. Links
    Tissue-specific, nutritional, and developmental regulation of rat fatty acid elongases.Wang Y, Botolin D, Christian B, Busik J, Xu J, Jump DB.
    Department of Physiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA.

Of the six fatty acid elongase (Elovl) subtypes expressed in mammals, adult rat liver expresses four subtypes: Elovl-5 > Elovl-1 = Elovl-2 = Elovl-6. Overnight starvation and fish oil-enriched diets repressed hepatic elongase activity in livers of adult male rats. Diet-induced changes in elongase activity correlate with Elovl-5 and Elovl-6 mRNA abundance. Adult rats fed the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) agonist WY14,643 have increased hepatic elongase activity, Elovl-1, Elovl-5, Elovl-6, Delta5, Delta6, and Delta9 desaturase mRNA abundance, and mead acid (20:3,n-9) content. PPARalpha agonists affect both fatty acid elongation and desaturation pathways leading to changes in hepatic lipid composition. Elovl activity is low in fetal liver but increases significantly after birth. Developmental changes in hepatic elongase activity paralleled the postnatal induction of Elovl-5 mRNA and mRNAs encoding the PPARalpha-regulated transcripts, Delta5 and Delta6 desaturase, and cytochrome P450 4A. In contrast, Elovl-6, Delta9 desaturase, and FAS mRNA abundance paralleled changes in hepatic sterol regulatory element binding protein 1c (SREBP-1c) nuclear content. SREBP-1c is present in fetal liver nuclei, absent from nuclei immediately after birth, and reappears in nuclei at weaning, 21 days postpartum. In conclusion, changes in Elovl-5 expression may account for much of the nutritional and developmental control of fatty acid elongation activity in the rat liver.

PMID: 15654130 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

2. New Member

I'd be willing to try that. What dosage of CLA would you recommend for non rodents?
  3. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'd go 2-3 grams with each DCP dose, coming in at 6-9 grams a day.
    •   

4. New Member

Thank you sir.
  5. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeC View Post
    Thank you sir.
    some feedback and obersvations would be greatly appreciated.
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    some feedback and obersvations would be greatly appreciated.
    I havent used DCP before so i wont really have a baseline to compare with. But i will certainly share my thoughts on the stack after i start ( about 4 weeks ).
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 08:06 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 11:59 AM