Homemade Protein Bar Recipe

BLANCO7

BLANCO7

Awards
i posted this in another thread with the intention of helping someone meet their protein requirements. figured i'd share it with the rest of y'all. i've seen a few recipes similar to this but i figured what the heck. i just actually finished making them but they're sitting in the fridge as they will be for the next few hrs before i actually try them out. i'll report back and let you all know how they came out. enjoy folks

Best Tasting Homemade Protein Bar | MuscleCircuit.com

Nutritional Information for one protein bar
Total Calories: 530
Protein: 45 grams
Carbs: 57 grams
Fat: 14.5 grams

Ingredients
* Whey Protein Powder
* Natural Peanut Butter
* Oats
* Milk

Instructions
1. Get Bowl (see article for size)
2. Add 3.5 cups of whole oats
3. Add 5 scoops Whey Protein Powder
4. Add 4 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
5. Add 1 cup milk
6. Mix it all together! It gets a little messy, so don’t be scared to dig in.
7. Important! Spray Pam on a separate plate.
8. Place contents on plate and play with it until it forms a rectangle shape.
9. Cut into 4 equal bars
10. Refrigerate for at least a few hours, and enjoy.

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
mmmmmm sounds good. what brand of oats do you use? i need to go to the store to try these suckers out.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
this looks like a good replacement to my current protein bars I'll have to try this soon... thanks for posting this!

BLANCO7

BLANCO7

Awards
mmmmmm sounds good. what brand of oats do you use?
unfortunately i use publix quick cooking oats (100% rolled oats). my intentions are to switch over to steel cut oats as i've heard they are less processed.

@DormantFiber
glad you could put it to good use. enjoy!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
im definately trying some of these.... might make a great morning snack or breakfast all together

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Blanco, how'd they turn out?

Do you think water could be used instead of milk so refridgeration isn't an issue?

BLANCO7

BLANCO7

Awards
they didn't turn out too bad for me tbh. they did come out a bit mushy, not your typical "protein bar" texture but when i switched fridges, the texture seemed to improve and harden up a bit more. i'm thinking of sticking them in the freezer for about an hour and then switching over to the fridge and letting them sit there until i consume them to combat the texture problem i encountered.

these bars proved to very useful when trying to get in those calories in b/w meals, late night munchies, etc.

how did they turn out for YOU all?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Made them tonight. Great snack!!

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
im making two batches of these for me and my girl for all day at the olympia tmrw. stoked :D

made them before and i used my ATW cinnabun and they were really really awesome.