Homemade Protein Bar Recipe
- 07-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Homemade Protein Bar Recipe
i posted this in another thread with the intention of helping someone meet their protein requirements. figured i'd share it with the rest of y'all. i've seen a few recipes similar to this but i figured what the heck. i just actually finished making them but they're sitting in the fridge as they will be for the next few hrs before i actually try them out. i'll report back and let you all know how they came out. enjoy folks
Best Tasting Homemade Protein Bar | MuscleCircuit.com
Nutritional Information for one protein bar
Total Calories: 530
Protein: 45 grams
Carbs: 57 grams
Fat: 14.5 grams
* Whey Protein Powder
* Natural Peanut Butter
1. Get Bowl (see article for size)
2. Add 3.5 cups of whole oats
3. Add 5 scoops Whey Protein Powder
4. Add 4 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
5. Add 1 cup milk
6. Mix it all together! It gets a little messy, so don’t be scared to dig in.
7. Important! Spray Pam on a separate plate.
8. Place contents on plate and play with it until it forms a rectangle shape.
9. Cut into 4 equal bars
10. Refrigerate for at least a few hours, and enjoy.
- 07-07-2008, 03:26 PM
mmmmmm sounds good. what brand of oats do you use? i need to go to the store to try these suckers out.
- 07-07-2008, 03:35 PM
this looks like a good replacement to my current protein bars I'll have to try this soon... thanks for posting this!
07-07-2008, 03:47 PM
07-09-2008, 04:03 PM
im definately trying some of these.... might make a great morning snack or breakfast all together
07-16-2008, 07:50 AM
Blanco, how'd they turn out?
Do you think water could be used instead of milk so refridgeration isn't an issue?
07-20-2008, 10:58 PM
they didn't turn out too bad for me tbh. they did come out a bit mushy, not your typical "protein bar" texture but when i switched fridges, the texture seemed to improve and harden up a bit more. i'm thinking of sticking them in the freezer for about an hour and then switching over to the fridge and letting them sit there until i consume them to combat the texture problem i encountered.
these bars proved to very useful when trying to get in those calories in b/w meals, late night munchies, etc.
how did they turn out for YOU all?
07-21-2008, 01:48 PM
07-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Made them tonight. Great snack!!
SFW and GFH
09-26-2008, 10:30 PM
im making two batches of these for me and my girl for all day at the olympia tmrw. stoked
made them before and i used my ATW cinnabun and they were really really awesome.
Similar Forum Threads
- By met5121 in forum RecipesReplies: 37Last Post: 05-05-2010, 08:07 AM
- By met5121 in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 10-14-2009, 07:52 PM
- By channelx99 in forum RecipesReplies: 9Last Post: 04-13-2009, 07:24 PM
- By Tom 185 in forum BulkingReplies: 15Last Post: 02-10-2007, 08:15 PM
- By Sanosuke in forum Weight LossReplies: 3Last Post: 03-21-2003, 01:34 AM