Healthy Tuna Salad - Delicious

Jtrain84

Jtrain84

Awards
My personal Tuna Salad Recipe----- makes 1 to 2 sandwiches, just increase cans of tuna and multiply other ingrediants by number of cans to make more in bulk.

1 can tuna in water
2 tabloespoons of mustard
1 tablespoon light ranch
2 tsp. light mayo
3 tablespoons dill pickle relish

mix in bowl and serve alone or on 2 pieces of whole wheat bread.
32 grams protien
4 carbs with no bread
230 calories

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
yea that does sound good. i do something a lil diff. just because i have eaten the hell outta some tuna i changed up the way i make it.

Ingredients: hearts of romaine lettuce, 3oz albacore tuna, relish, diced celery (you can add some onions if like), and the baby dill pickles (not sweet but that just my taste), balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing.

i mix the 3oz albacore tuna, relish, diced celery and a couple drips of balsamic vin.
Then lay the lettuce out (like a tortilla) put the mixture in the lett. dribble then balsamic over the mixture then lay the baby dill pickle long ways. try to roll the lett wrap and eat like a burrito.

i call it the Romanian Tuna Wrap:food:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
be careful as to what ranch and mayo you are using as most have been contaminated with high fructose corn syrup which completely negates the "healthy" in the title.

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
dont use ranch or mayo, try to make everything homeade, luv to play round in kitchen. but well mom does and i try to copy. but we make homeade dressing.. but theres and balsamic vinaigrette she getss called Giuseppe Giusti aged in for several years. lil expensive but well worth it. made in modena italy and gets extra virgin olive oil and sometimes depeing on what she does uses an italin mix she gets from store or does her own, not yet know what mixes she uses when she doesn but soon find out. but MAn one hell of a salad dressing!!! no more store bought ****! and u can use the dressing on anything i tell u.. burgers, sandwiches, meats.. u name it.. i luv it. but also im italian too.=)

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
since ranch and mayo arent a good deal, what can be used? i dont like dry tuna

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
i use that dresssing my mom makes, but also.. i just got back from grocery store. and what i am gonna do for tuna now.. is mix it with sweet relish no sugar added, low fat(lite)balsamic, shredded peppercinini's, and banana peppers. mix it all up and see how it tastes.. i'll find out tomarrow..=) and i'll let ya know

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
since ranch and mayo arent a good deal, what can be used? i dont like dry tuna
You can use an organic ranch like annie's natural or you can use organic mayo which usually has added omega's and flax.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established