I Need Homeade Workout Drink Powder Recipes

kevmac

Awards
I've been buying some of the expense stuff on the market for the past few months for pre, during and post workouts like:

BSN- Cellmass, Nitix, No Extreme
Gaspari- Sizeon, SP250
EAS-Phosphagen, Myoplex regular and Deluxe
Cytosport- Musclemilk
Nitro tech- Hardcore
Aside from the fact that they are inconsistantly good to terrible tasting (NT Hardcore strawberry :eek:), they are also often too sweetened with simple calories (Phosphagen:donut:), but the worst part is the cost. I calculated the cost that these supplements will set me back for a year and it is well over $2000.

Currently I like to mix Superpump250 (probably mainly for the caffein), 13 grams of protein (EAS Premium Protein), and carrot juice for pre workout and for during workout, I like one serving of maltodextrin (2oz) and one serving of Sizeon. My post workout consists of 30 to 40 grams of Whey protein.
So I decided to by my own ingredience and make my own workout drinks.

I have these items:
AAKG 3500
CEEM (Creatine)
d- Ribose
Taurine
OKG 1500
Maltodextrin
Crystal Light
Whey Protein
Emergen-C
Joint powder
Caffein powder

Can someone point me in the direction of established recipes for pre and during workouts or suggest some of your own?. I would like to mimic the program that I am on now if I can.

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
A pre w/o drink I like:
1.5g ALCAR
1-2g Tyrosine
3g AAKG (not necessary imo)
100-200mg caffeine
500-1000mg cocoa extract (theobromine)
creatine (whatever type you prefer)

I mix all this with some sort of flavored drink mix (except the cocao extract which I throw in my mouth and wash down).

For intra w/o I like to sip on BCAAs.

Post w/o:
~25-50g malto
~25g oats or banana
~30-40g whey or gemma protein
creatine

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
Wow!!! That is alot of $$$ to be pissing away on "supplements!"

For pre/during workout I do this:

Pre: one banana + cup of coffee
During: One 16oz gatorade + 7grams of BCAA mixed in. Can use crystal light + BCAA as well.

K.I.S.S. - keep it simple stupid.

CrownOfHorns

CrownOfHorns

Awards
Wow!!! That is alot of $$$ to be pissing away on "supplements!"

For pre/during workout I do this:

Pre: one banana + cup of coffee
During: One 16oz gatorade + 7grams of BCAA mixed in. Can use crystal light + BCAA as well.

K.I.S.S. - keep it simple stupid.
Is there a reason as to why a banana? Or is it just personal preference?

My Post Workout fix is 2 scoops Elite Whey Berry Blast, about 2 cups (I don't really know, half shaker bottle though) sugar free raspberry crystal light, pinch of oats, about 2 or 3 tbsp natty pb (personal pref.), ice.

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
Is there a reason as to why a banana? Or is it just personal preference?

My Post Workout fix is 2 scoops Elite Whey Berry Blast, about 2 cups (I don't really know, half shaker bottle though) sugar free raspberry crystal light, pinch of oats, about 2 or 3 tbsp natty pb (personal pref.), ice.
Gives me some good energy for my workout. I sometimes put some organic honey on it as well.

POST: 4 scoops SAN infusion, 1 cup whole raw milk, water and 1 banana.

dommer

Banned
Awards
one that i love post workout when i get home is

chocolate protein powder
skim milk
natty pb
banana
and ice

simple and very pleasing