Sausage perlow

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Ok, this is so the redneck coming out of me, but i thought i would share, as it is a pretty healthy meal, and i love it.

Ingredients:
(1) pack of lean turkey smoked sausage (i use butterball brand)
(2) Big cans of diced or chopped tomatoes (low sodium if u can)
(1/2) Bell pepper
(1/2) Onion.
Olive oil

Directions:
Get a nonstick pan, put on medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil. Dice up the 1/2 bell pepper. Dice up 1/2 onion. Cut up the 2 links of turkey sausage in bite size pieces. Add bell pepper, onion, sausage to olive oil and let it brown for 10 minutes or so. Stirring occassionally. Put to the side when done.

Add 2 cans of tomatoes to a pot with whatever seasonings u like.....dump the sauteed onions, bell peppers, and sausage to the tomotoes and put on low-med heat and let simmer for like 30 min. Done.

Serve over rice if u want some carbs. Soooooo good. If you eat just the sausage & tomotoes without rice, u have a pretty good protein meal with trace carbs from the tomatoes.

Ill try and get the exact macros for this later, but it is pretty good fellas....

thanks

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
sounds like a simple meal, I'll cook it up some time this week I s'pose. the only thing I don't like about turkey sausage is even though it's lower fat than beef/pork sausage, it's still pretty greasy.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
sounds like a simple meal, I'll cook it up some time this week I s'pose. the only thing I don't like about turkey sausage is even though it's lower fat than beef/pork sausage, it's still pretty greasy.
Yea, true. Like i said, its decent. I honestly am going to just cut up bite size pieces of chicken breast next time and sautee that in olive in and then dump that in the tomatoes. Much healthier too.