High Quality, Tender Chicken

1. Registered User
    Answers

High Quality, Tender Chicken

This is a question I've always had and I know has been posed before by people.

How the hell do I get my chicken to STAY juicy. I can cook it so its freaking scrumptious that night. The next day however, its tough, or dry, and it makes no damn sense. The only time I can get it to stay moist is to cook it on the grill. No better chicken than grill cooked chicken.

Here's another point. I bought a crock pot to make large portions while I'm at work. The idea of a crock pot is to hold in all the juices and flavors. Well then how is it that everytime I've made chicken in a Crockpot it comes out dry. It's swimming in liquid! But on the inside its dry. Any ideas or recipes would be greatly appreciated.

2. Registered User
    Answers

I normally just boil up my chicken in little pieces. cause ill eat it with some tomato cause and vege's over the top. Or in with some whole wheat pasta. If your cooking whole chicken breat you might try cutting it smaller.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Chicken breast has zero fat so it cooks extremely quickly. Really I don't know how you would keep it moist the next day. Reheating it is just gonna cook it more. Just don't reheat it and cut it up and it to something elese that is already cooked, like pasta or rice.
    •   

4. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

Here's a whole bunch for you I crock pot cook my chicken and it comes out quite tender. Despite it's extra fat, perhaps you should try some dark chicken meat if you really need that tenderness?
    http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?q[]=chicken&categ=225&ls=h
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I undercook chicken that I am going to eat later to compensate for the lack of moisture.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Chicken Pimp

Yo Nabisco... Give this a try...

This is what you'll need:

• Chicken Breast
    • Olive Oil
    • Ground Pepper or Emeril's Essence
    • BBQ Sauce / Teriaki - something like that
    • broccoli / carrots / onion slices (up to you)
    • 18'' of aluminium foil

Preheat your oven to 350. Throw the chicken in the middle of the foil, spice it up a little, then add the sliced veggies around it (celery and zucchini is good too). Drizzle the olive oil over the top.

Fold the foil up like a burrito - pinching the sides first - then the top... and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.

So juicy it doesn't even seem like chicken. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. I usually have a side of quinoa with it.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Yo Nabisco... Give this a try...

This is what you'll need:

• Chicken Breast
    • Olive Oil
    • Ground Pepper or Emeril's Essence
    • BBQ Sauce / Teriaki - something like that
    • broccoli / carrots / onion slices (up to you)
    • 18'' of aluminium foil

Preheat your oven to 350. Throw the chicken in the middle of the foil, spice it up a little, then add the sliced veggies around it (celery and zucchini is good too). Drizzle the olive oil over the top.

Fold the foil up like a burrito - pinching the sides first - then the top... and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.

So juicy it doesn't even seem like chicken. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. I usually have a side of quinoa with it.

I was about to say as well. COoking in oven with tin foil keeps it cooked in the juices it was flavored in. Aweomse stuff and tender and juicy as hell.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
    This is a question I've always had and I know has been posed before by people.

How the hell do I get my chicken to STAY juicy. I can cook it so its freaking scrumptious that night. The next day however, its tough, or dry, and it makes no damn sense. The only time I can get it to stay moist is to cook it on the grill. No better chicken than grill cooked chicken.

Here's another point. I bought a crock pot to make large portions while I'm at work. The idea of a crock pot is to hold in all the juices and flavors. Well then how is it that everytime I've made chicken in a Crockpot it comes out dry. It's swimming in liquid! But on the inside its dry. Any ideas or recipes would be greatly appreciated.
    Awww yeah! Grilled chicken....how many lbs. I make a month, I have NO idea. Love it.

Dood, you gotta sear your chicken on both sides. I pre-heat my grill, then toss my seasoned (or unseasoned if I'm adding BBQ later) chicken on (heat should be set to med-low now). Make sure it SIZZZZLES. After a couple mins., flip the chicken and sear the other side (heat's on low now -- after you flip it).

Grill for ~6-8 min, flip again, grill for 6-8 min. Now, check the chicken. It may need to go another round of flipping and cooking. I basically babysit my chicken...MMMM.

Now, how to store it post-cooking. Tupperware with a TIGHT lid. That's it. If air is getting to it, it'll dry out.

Enjoy!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. High Quality Supplements
    By cmc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 03:27 PM
  2. chicken breast v chicken thighs
    By cheezscott in forum Recipes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 10:54 PM
  3. Tender Tinfoil chicken Breast