protein recovery balls recipe

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established
i know that no one has the exact recipe for the ATJnutrition recovery balls but has anyone made anything similar? those things are addicting!

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
i know that no one has the exact recipe for the ATJnutrition recovery balls but has anyone made anything similar? those things are addicting!

What the heck man? I've got kids to support for christ's sake. You trying to starve my kids?:aargh: I'll be happy to give you a recipe for a big batch of shut the heck up!!!:toofunny:

There are other recipes out there, but when you're tired of the mess and time involved with making them yourself, your good friends at ATJ Nutrition will still be here.

Last edited:
witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established
What the heck man? I've got kids to support for christ's sake. You trying to starve my kids?:aargh: I'll be happy to give you a recipe for a big batch of shut the heck up!!!:toofunny:

There are other recipes out there, but when you're tired of the mess and time involved with making them yourself, your good friends at ATJ Nutrition will still be here.

haha. dont worry i will still support you guys and keep buying more. i was just looking for something kind of similar.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
yeahhh man. ATJ lives on the protein balls. It puts his kids through college >:[

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
What the heck man? I've got kids to support for christ's sake. You trying to starve my kids?:aargh: I'll be happy to give you a recipe for a big batch of shut the heck up!!!
:toofunny: :goodpost:

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
haha. dont worry i will still support you guys and keep buying more. i was just looking for something kind of similar.
There are some recipes out there. If you do try to make something similar, I would recommend you go buy one of those professional grade mixers. It's a huge pain and nearly impossible to mix adequately by hand or spoon.

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
Yes i have

Makes 5 servings

-75g honey
-75g oats
-100g Peanut Butter
-50g whey protein
-splash of water
-optional splenda

Mixing by hand is fine

mix it all up well and make 5 balls or make 25 little ones and 5 little balls is 1 seving :dance:

265cals
15g protein
21g carbs
11g fat

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
Yes i have

Makes 5 servings

-75g honey
-75g oats
-100g Peanut Butter
-50g whey protein
-splash of water
-optional splenda

Mixing by hand is fine

mix it all up well and make 5 balls or make 25 little ones and 5 little balls is 1 seving :dance:

265cals
15g protein
21g carbs
11g fat
Im going to have to try this...i made a batch similar to this years ago and it was really good...

i was thinking of also adding ground flax seeds for fiber/efa
maybe some wheat germ also :)

thanks for the post.

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
Im going to have to try this...i made a batch similar to this years ago and it was really good...

i was thinking of also adding ground flax seeds for fiber/efa
maybe some wheat germ also :)

thanks for the post.
no probs, yea ground flax sounds great, i would add mabe a tiny bit more water though

Augenbrauezug

Awards
Yes i have

Makes 5 servings

-75g honey
-75g oats
-100g Peanut Butter
-50g whey protein
-splash of water
-optional splenda

Mixing by hand is fine

265cals
15g protein
21g carbs
11g fat

I just made these. Turned out real good with aobut a 1/4 cup of water, maybe a little more. Tastes real good, but I was stupid and didn't add any BCAAS, flax, or any other goodies.

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
Oh yea, btw its good to put them in the freezer when made

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Oh yea, btw its good to put them in the freezer when made
years ago i used to make a similar product ,only the main ingredient was a green leafy substance.....but anyway, get out to the grocery store and in the baking isle you should find raspberry, strawberry and other natural fruit flavors. they either come in a power or liquid form, when in liquid form simply add to the mix for flavor......good stuff

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
years ago i used to make a similar product ,only the main ingredient was a green leafy substance.....but anyway, get out to the grocery store and in the baking isle you should find raspberry, strawberry and other natural fruit flavors. they either come in a power or liquid form, when in liquid form simply add to the mix for flavor......good stuff
A green leafy substance..hmmm...sounds interesting.......

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
eff that...

ill buy them...

i have never had a chance to try them, everytime i order from NP they are out of the free or small ones...

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
len

lmao

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
I keep hearing the Schwetty Balls skit w/Alec Baldwin from SNL play out in my head.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
16 ounces Natural peanut butter
8 tablespoons honey
six scoops of Optimum Chocolate whey protein powder
1 cup of uncooked oatmeal

this is wardog's old recipe for homemade protein bars/squares..taste great...just roll them and you got yourself a BJs/costco supply..lol

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
16 ounces Natural peanut butter
8 tablespoons honey
six scoops of Optimum Chocolate whey protein powder
1 cup of uncooked oatmeal

this is wardog's old recipe for homemade protein bars/squares..taste great...just roll them and you got yourself a BJs/costco supply..lol
cmon brutha' give us a macro breakdown (of course my lazy rear-end could figure it out, but i thought i would pester you for it)

I think i should make like 100 of these protein balls and freeze them in a tupperware and pull them out as needed.

hmmmmm

ginzo16

Awards
would you be able to bake these in the oven and it would make something like a protein cookie?

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
thanks man. Im going to try and figure up a cutting version of this. Maybe use almond butter, fat free syrup, etc. I dunno, just brainstorming

Cutting version would be don't eat that for cutting, lol.

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
good stuff. I am going to have to try these.