Quaker Instant Oats

Ole Skl

Ole Skl

Awards
Ive tried many recipes for just plain old quaker oats but I have the hardest time getting them down;
How do you guys feel about the low sugar Quaker Instant Oats as a sub for dried oats?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Try the quaker weight control maple brown sugar kind first. Practically plain oatmeal with whey protein in it. Good stuff

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just get the plain Oatmeal. Mine comes in big jug, the store brand. It just says "Quick Oats" on it. The ingredients are : 100% WHOLE GRAIN ROLLED OATS. No sugar at all, just oats.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Banana Bread Weight Control is delicious. I also have my own method of taking pure rolled oats and either put too little water in or put it in the microwave for extra time and it comes out in one big clump. I then put some sugar free jelly on it and its really good. I also do the dry out method on the instant flavored ones and its really solid as well.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
do you guys cook your oats? i just eat mine with warm milk, is there any disadvantage for eating not cooked oats?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I eat mine raw all the time, probably just harder to digest.

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
do you guys cook your oats? i just eat mine with warm milk, is there any disadvantage for eating not cooked oats?
I always cook mine, but I would bet that there is advantage to NOT cooking them. THe more you cook them, the higher you make the Glycemic index. (it makes the oats dissolve faster in your system, and therefore makes your blood sugar jump up faster). If you cook them less, or not at all, you actually lower the glycemic index.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Look up some museli recipes for a great way to use uncooked oats

Ole Skl

Ole Skl

Awards
I would agree that eating them raw (uncooked) would be more beneficial since heat is usually an enemy of nutrients, I just cant imagine tryin to eat a cup of dry quick oats, I may consider suspending them in my water and protien mixture and just chugging them down

Ole Skl

Ole Skl

Awards
I also have a roomate who mixes his quick oats with a scoop of whey and some peanutbutter to make a sort of no-bake cookie out of it; its not my cup of tea but he sure loves em

fjet

fjet

Awards
I also have a roomate who mixes his quick oats with a scoop of whey and some peanutbutter to make a sort of no-bake cookie out of it; its not my cup of tea but he sure loves em

i take mine and put them in a blender and frappy them up to a powder and mix it in with my protien shakes.. dont really even notice it in there... works awesome

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
uncooked oats + plain yogurt + whey + splenda depending on whey flavor = my usual cheat meal. The only reason it is a cheat is because I usually have way to much of it.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I just mix up my protein shake, pour, then eat it like cereal.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
i eat mine with 1 cup of hot milk and mix a cup of regular oats and 1/2 cup of flavored oats the kind you can buy at costco, i mix the 2 and it tastes great.
now i feel even better for not cooking them since i don't have the time

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i LOVE eating my oats with some sugar free maple syrup.

but when i'm in a rush, i will take and do this, as i'm usually somehow tired when i'm in a rush anyhow:

blender+1 cup milk+1.5 scoops whey+1 serving oats+1 serving berries+1 pack splenda+1 tbsp coffee creamer powder+1 cup brewed green tea

AWESOME BOOST IN THE MO'NIN'.

guthriec

Awards
i LOVE eating my oats with some sugar free maple syrup.

but when i'm in a rush, i will take and do this, as i'm usually somehow tired when i'm in a rush anyhow:

blender+1 cup milk+1.5 scoops whey+1 serving oats+1 serving berries+1 pack splenda+1 tbsp coffee creamer powder+1 cup brewed green tea

AWESOME BOOST IN THE MO'NIN'.
Just tried this out... love it. Approved! :clap2:

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Oatmeal + flavored protein powder + assorted berries = yum.

Jaidmaster

Jaidmaster

Awards
I grind up rolled oats in the blender (magic bullet actually) before adding the rest of my morning shake ingredients.

For cooked, I prefer steel cut oats over rolled. Better texture. I add chopped walnuts, dried dates and some coconut oil...

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Shake =
2~ cups milk 1% or Skim
1/2 cup Quick Oats(Quaker)
1/4 cup almonds.
1/2 serving of Cytogainer or 1 scoop of whey.

Oats in bowl=
Water in micro. for 3min. 1/2 cup oats. 1/4 cup almonds mix.
add small amount of brown sugar, maple syrup, cinammon for flavor.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established

I do this too.......using natty PB - its awesome.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I can't stand oats cooked! Just the texture of them i don't like. By the time i've eaten half of it the other half is just all gooey :run:

I just chuck a cup of oats into my shakes instead :D

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I'll take brown rice over ANY form of oatmeal everyday of the week, and twice on sundays. Not for any nutritional reasoning, just cuz I like the taste so much better :) and it's just as easy to make in the micro

dawaro

dawaro

Awards
I grind up rolled oats in the blender (magic bullet actually) before adding the rest of my morning shake ingredients.

For cooked, I prefer steel cut oats over rolled. Better texture. I add chopped walnuts, dried dates and some coconut oil...
Another thing you can use is a coffe grinder. I buy a huge tub and grind them up and put them in a canister. Then I just mix a couple of scoops in my protein shakes and some times in just milk when I just need the carbs. I am not a carb fan, at least not good ones. Baked potatoes are about all I really enjoy so this helps me get my good carbs through out the day.