1 Low Carb 9" Tortilla shell
1 lb of ground beef
Taco seasoning
8oz. Mexican blend or Cheddar cheese
1/2 c. Sour Cream
1/3 c. Salsa
2 egg whites
9" pie pan

Brown beef and add taco seasoning as directed. Spray pie pan with Pam, put in Tortilla shell, this will be the shell of the pie. Layer over the sour cream, followed by about 2 oz. of cheese, then the salsa. Take the ground beef, 4 oz. of cheese and 2 egg whites and combine them in a mixing bowl and mix. Once mixed well, layer over the salsa. Use the remaining 2oz. of cheese as the top layer. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Let set for 10 minutes after you remove from the oven.

4 servings:
Protein:43g
Carbs:8g
Fat:27g

Tot:447 Cals.

Came out awesome. Decided to do this instead of the shell-less tacos Ill have now and then.

avgBdybldr

avgBdybldr

Awards
  • Established
omg dude, this sounds so good right now. i'm going to have to use this for me and my wife. yum!

GuitarHero

GuitarHero

Awards
NICE! I'm definitely puttin that down on the weekly list. Did you just use regular/full fat sour cream/cheese and what kind of ground beef are those macros with (80/20, 90/10, etc)?

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
NICE! I'm definitely puttin that down on the weekly list. Did you just use regular/full fat sour cream/cheese and what kind of ground beef are those macros with (80/20, 90/10, etc)?
93% beef, reduced sour cream (3g fat per serving). Shouldve put that in guys. Full fat cheese used.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
nice, I will prob have this once a day for the next month or so, lol

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
i made this today, I liked it a lot. changed it slightly:

-instead of tortilla I used two flat out brand whole wheat wraps
-1.5 lbs. beef (to make 6 servings)
-also added a can of refried beans

this came out great, just had 2 servings. gonna try a version tomorrow with costco canned chicken instead of beef tomorrow prob

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I made the same thing I made a few posts above tonight, but with two cans of Costco canned chicken in place of beef. it's just as good if not better, this is a great recipe joeflex!

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
I second using the refried beans it's a staple in all my mexican cooking. I'd even skip the taco seasoning try mixing the beef, with the beans and water and dump in some hot sauce mix up and cook.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
delsolrob Recipes 1
Recipes 20
Nutrition / Health 4
Weight Loss 1
warriorway Recipes 1