Keto Pizza

JDF

Awards
  • Established
I have posted that I had a pizza recipe that was good while on Keto, and recieved numerous pm's asking for the recipe. I thought it be a good idea to just post it with it's own thread, since there are many people following the Keto diet. Now this is very calorie dense and I only eat it while I am having a HUGE pizza craving. So enjoy :)

4-oz cream cheese
3 eggs
1/3 cup cream
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 cups mixed italian cheese (I also used the Mexican cheese blend and it is fine)
1/2 cup pizza sauce (I used Healthy Choice Pizza sauce)
1 cup of mozzarella cheese
pizza toppings of your choice:
pepperoni ,ham, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, bacon, browned sausage or seasoned ground beef, additional parmesan cheese for topping
Preheat oven to 375
Beat together cream cheese and eggs till smooth. Add cream, parmesan cheese, and spices and mix again.
Spray oblong casserole dish with PAM. Sprinkle 2 cups italian cheeses into dish and pour egg mixture over it. Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Spread on pizza sauce, sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and pile with your favorite toppings. Then sprinkle with more parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake til bubbly and browning. Allow to stand 10 minutes before cutting.
I think this is as close to the real thing as you can get !
Happy pizza!! Yeah!

Roxie :)
Stole this from another forum and figured I might give it a try, seemed to get decent reviews from ppl saying they tried it.

:pizza:

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
made this last night...it was awsome. thanks for the recipie.

dan

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
does anyone know how many calories is in one of these pizzas? It looks like A LOT. Did you scarf down the whole thing all at once, ticco?
I think I will probably give this a try, but substitute some other type of cheese with the parmesian cuz I'm not a fan so much.

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
botch, i cut it in half and saved the other for lunch the next day. im at work right now so i dont have the calorie specs....but its low carb which is what concerns me and i have trouble hitting my calorie mark anyway so it wasnt too bad.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
what are you looking for calorie wise ticco?

Im about to do a clean CKD bulk - I think ill start it at ~2800

Im cutting at about 2200-2300 right now

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
well my bmr is around 2600 so ive been trying to hit 2100 or so but i teach so its hard to eat when i am in class. my meals end up being protein shakes for breakfast and mid morning while im at work with a lean lunch(which i dont always get with the students needing help). after that i get an afternoon snack, pwo shake, dinner, and usually cc or pb before bed. it takes no effort for me to put on weight so im very cautious and i know sometimes i under eat.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Im in the same boat bro, im an endo and it blows ( sometimes )

Teaching has to be tough to get the meals in but might I suggest a couple of options for inbetween periods; almonds, cheese, maybe some heavy creamer for the pro shake ( give you some fat cals in there ), or beef jerky.

Im lucky as im in an office with access to a microwave so I can eat just about whatever/whenever I want.

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
yea its tough when the kids cant have food if i were to bust out a nice sirloin and some greens...i like the heavy creamer idea ill pick some up when im at the store next time and i just grabbed a vendor pack of individually wrapped beef jerky so they are real easy to carry.

trashydiva24

trashydiva24

Awards
watch out for a lot of sugar in the jerky... i am running a keto diet and wanted to eat jerky but it had toooooo much sugar so i decided not to eat them... now i just eat cheese and pb for snacks

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keto or not, that pizza is a cheat meal, IMO.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed Mullet - it's an improvement over regular pizza for those on low carbs diets, but excess is still excess. Still looks appetizing, I just wouldn't eat it and think I was on track nutritionally.

A lighter low carb crust can be made with cauliflower:

1 cup cooked, grated cauliflower
1 egg
1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp fennel
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley

preheat oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).

Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.

Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted.

Great stuff!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed Mullet - it's an improvement over regular pizza for those on low carbs diets, but excess is still excess. Still looks appetizing, I just wouldn't eat it and think I was on track nutritionally.

A lighter low carb crust can be made with cauliflower:

1 cup cooked, grated cauliflower
1 egg
1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp fennel
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley

preheat oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).

Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.

Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted.

Great stuff!
Wow, fantastic recipe! I am going to utilize that crust, fat free cheese, make my own sauce, and use chicken!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, give it a go - just don't try deep dish - the crust won't really solidify unless it's on something shallow.

Not my recipe, just randomly found it out in the nethers of the web, but I've experimented around with it and dang if it is not as good as the real thing.

GREENFEATHER

GREENFEATHER

Awards
You can use Trader Joe's Low Carb tortillas for crusts as well. I use them and their Bruschetta for the sauce. If you''re going to do pizzas, leg day is a good time to use the extra fats and the smidgen of carbs you'll get from this type of meal. You're still talking 600ish cals for that small of a pizza.:eek: