Tuna Recipe - GF taught me

ich1ban

ich1ban

Awards
OK i just want to share this new tuna recipe that i got from my girlfriend. I have no clue what cuisine or what it's name is but it was pretty damn good when i tasted it.

Minced/Smashed Garlic
Chopped onion (still leave it long, not the small squares)
Sliced/Chopped Cabbage
Tuna (Oil or water)
Pepper

Ok so this was the way she taught me how to cook it

Heat up a pan with a little olive oil
Saute the garlic and onions
Drain the water/oil from the tuna
Add tuna to the pan
Once you see the tuna is cooked and changed to dark brown in color add the chopped cabbage
Saute a little bit more till cabbage is cooked then you're done

Im thinking of making it tomorrow evening so i can post a pic then.

Sorry i don't know how to give good cooking instructions haha

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Just remember, when you cook/heat food you change the value of protein or carbs in it. Not sure how much it does, but just something to think about....

Tuna, straight up with some sort of hot sauce is pretty awesome.

ich1ban

ich1ban

Awards
Do you buy your's with water or oil?

My friend has been eating those packets of tuna in sunflower oil and she adds a little mustard. Didnt smell too good but didnt taste too bad.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I always buy my tuna in water, as I don't trust the kind in oil. I don't know why, I just prefer the tuna in water. Drain it, add pepper and FF mayo to hold it together and slap it between two pieces of whole wheat bread. Quick and easy.

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
sounds good, but be prepared for your kitchen to stink for a bit

HarryManback

HarryManback

Awards
Tuna in oil is nasty IMO. Tuna and half horseradish FF mayo and black pepper. If im at home i throw some celery in too. Never cooked tuna, will have to give it a try.

J

j4ever

Awards
Tuna in oil is nasty IMO. Tuna and half horseradish FF mayo and black pepper. If im at home i throw some celery in too. Never cooked tuna, will have to give it a try.

you right i cant stand tuna in oil

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
your girlfriend is obviously asian. hahah. no american woman i've been with cooks with cabbage. but i've had a few asian women, and they do:)

anywho, here's a good recipe i got for it. and it is BOMB in the taste department. and it is ULTRA-nutritious.

ERIC'S TUNA SHlTSTUFF:

1 can tuna
2/3 cup black beans
2/3 cup corn
1/2 oz. chopped walnuts
2 tbsp vinagrette dressing.
salt/pepper to taste

mix it all up. heat it all up. have a side of celery sticks for a nice contrasting texture and to help with digestion. good meal for at work.

completed proteins/vitamin-rich/slow and sustaining carbs/healthy test-boosting fats

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
Just remember, when you cook/heat food you change the value of protein or carbs in it. Not sure how much it does, but just something to think about....

Tuna, straight up with some sort of hot sauce is pretty awesome.

i just had that 5 min ago with some flax mayo and almond butter.

M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
good receipes in here my favorite easy one is can of tuna in water never the oil, drain mix in mayo ff or regular ur choice, 2 pieces of whole wheat bread with mustard throw ur tuna on throw on some lettuce, tomatoes and olives and you got one hell of a good sandwich and you can toast your bread as well really good but gets a lil messy enjoy!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
89Flex Recipes 4
89Flex General Chat 3
K Recipes 18
Hurleyboy05 Recipes 25
M Recipes 4