Your Favorite Homemade Shakes

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was going to buy some muscle juice today,but the supplement store was closed for easter.I was pi$$ed off at first cause i need some for later today,tomorrow morning,and after morning wo.Then i realised wal mart has whey protien and blenders so i might as well pick one up and cross over to homemade shakes.I have been wanting to for a while,I just didn't want to buy a blender.Today I had no choice.So list your favorite homemade shake recipes please.(I searched but their were no threads like this)

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well heres what i just made;
2 servings of oatmeal
2 servings of peanut butter(natural)
2 servings of eas whey protien(best protien from walmart)
2 servings of skim milk

This totals;
1140 cals
98 carbs
88 protien
30 sugar

This is much better than my old muscle juice 1020 cals,55 protien,126 carbs(fast digesting)and 60 grams of sugar........"hello muscle!And fat,you can just stay off!" is all I got to say.If you haven't started using homemade shakes yet,i highly suggest it.It taste like a peanut butter type shake.I blended the oats before adding other stuff to get them a little more fine.You can still feel them,but it's not all that different than a chalky wg shake.Towards the end you have to half eat half drink it.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Nice, that is a serious shake.

jix77

Awards
I've been making that exact same shake plus a banana and some creatine thrown in if it's post wo. I've made it with chocolate whey or All the Whey's cinnabun, and it tastes great either way. You have to blend it forever to get the oats fine enough, or it can be a little chewy.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've been making that exact same shake plus a banana and some creatine thrown in if it's post wo. I've made it with chocolate whey or All the Whey's cinnabun, and it tastes great either way. You have to blend it forever to get the oats fine enough, or it can be a little chewy.
Thats how it was at the end.I was basically eating it.At first though i just drank it and it was great!I will throw a bananna in too once i start my m-drol cycle.It's pretty filling.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
If you guys have a coffee grinder throw the oats in there first, it makes them into a pretty fine powder, much easier to work with. Also works with flax seeds too

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you guys have a coffee grinder throw the oats in there first, it makes them into a pretty fine powder, much easier to work with. Also works with flax seeds too
Do you just drink the shake after doing this?Or do you still have to half drink half eat it?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
It is definitely drinkable, you gotta stir it up occasionally though.

aceink

Awards
I like to mix up whatever looks good, for an example
2 scoops of whey
1 scoop of oatmeal
1/2 bup of bluberrys or a banana
ice
and water.
Also Ive tried throwing in non-fat yougurt, or some canned fruit. I saw Rich Franklin reccommend oatmeal and now I'm a huge fan of that...I hate using peanut butter, it tastes good but loads of fat that i dont need.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
I like pretty much the same shake w/ oats, pb, protein, and milk. When I have it though I like to add in maltodextrin or waxy maize for more carbs!

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
i dont know the breakdown of my protein shake but this is how i do it

4x 30 gr scoops of whey
1.5 scopps of oats
some ground cinnamon
2 spoons of natty pb
fill the blender jar with 2% milk
some times ill add a banana

i put that in to 2 shaker and take them to my office and drink them during the day

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I like pretty much the same shake w/ oats, pb, protein, and milk. When I have it though I like to add in maltodextrin or waxy maize for more carbs!
I'm going to buy one of those or vitargo for post wo shake cause they digest quickly.Filling muscles with glycogen quickly,and causing an anabolic insulin spike which will also help transport the 5 grams of creatine mono in there.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
some ground cinnamon
roughly how much do you put in? like a little sprinkle? Does it change the flavour a lot? I've not tried cinnamon in my shakes yet but i think i'll have to try it out tomorrow!

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
roughly how much do you put in? like a little sprinkle? Does it change the flavour a lot? I've not tried cinnamon in my shakes yet but i think i'll have to try it out tomorrow!
i do it to taste, i put alot like 1/4 of s tsp or less it does change the flavor, i did that once thati got tired of the plain vanilla taste and add it just to see if it made a difference and it did. you can use as much cinnamon as you like deprends on how does it taste to you

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
when I bulk my daily shake consists of the following

2 scoops whey
1 cup oats
1 banana
1 cup cottage cheese
chocolate syrup
2 big gobs or chunky peanut butter
honey
a big dump of chocolate milk.

It's good for at least 1500 calories. Holy **** do I want to drink one right now. Damn you self need to be cut.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
so yall recommend making like an actualy shake type think instead of just mixing your whey protein with milk?

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so yall recommend making like an actualy shake type think instead of just mixing your whey protein with milk?
This ups the cals,carbs,prot,and fat in a more healthy and cheaper way than store bought weight gaining shakes.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
ok sweet. guess im gunna be breakin out the blender more often now that im gunna start a recomp/bulk log for AN...

seems that PB, oatmeal, whey, and milk are the base of a shake and you can just add whatever fruit for flavor? also, ive heard of guys putting eggs in their protein shakes.....that sound intelligent or not?

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't do it cause it's nasty!Coock them and eat them later.Make sure to blend the oats real good.I blend and tilt the blender,then stir and blend and tilt some more.Then add enough milk to turn into a batter,and blend for a while,then add the rest of stuff.The one i drink is pretty good,I bet ruggers is the sh!t though!

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the advice. ill try one for breakfast tomorow to start that off

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Just buy oat flour - it's at Kroger, for Pete's sake (say, where IS Pete?) - put a scoop of that in your shake.

My personal favorite is whey, flax oil, and sugar-free jello (maybe a drop or 2 of vanilla extract). All the jello flavors mix well w/ vanilla whey, it's extra protein from the gelatin, and it sets up like a dessert. I make a batch & scrape it into some covered pint glasses & keep 'em in the fridge.

Cold, sweet, eat it with a spoon - it's not ice cream but it'll do.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Oh yes, sugar free pudding mix is awesome also. I actually forgot to list that in mine. I always add butterscotch mix.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I had no idea they had oat flour.......WOW!
It'll be in the "healthy foods / healthy snacks" section: same area you'll find MetRx bars and Twinlab stuff....

Oh, and if you use the jello thing, remember to not let it get too thick while you're blending

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
also, ive heard of guys putting eggs in their protein shakes.....that sound intelligent or not?
i chuck in 3 eggs into my homemade shakes,2 egg whites and 1 yolk. Doesn't change the taste at all if you've got berries and stuff packed in.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
so i made my first one this morning.....i added too much PB i guess, thats all i could taste. but i added banana too so it ended up tasting like a PB&B sandwhich in liquid form

kbtoy31

kbtoy31

Awards
  • Established
so i made my first one this morning.....i added too much PB i guess, thats all i could taste. but i added banana too so it ended up tasting like a PB&B sandwhich in liquid form
Yea I usually add PB in my oatmeal in the morning and thats pretty much all you taste too. PB has a vey strong taste so it ovepowers evrything else usually unless you add Cinnamon then you would taste that.

GuitarHero

GuitarHero

Awards
My fav shake is this:

1 serv Protein Powder
1 serv Natty Peanut Butter
1 Fat Free Yogurt cup
1C Pasteurized Liquid Egg Whites
1/2-1C Ground Oats
optional sliced Banana or some frozen fruit

Tastes fvcking great and has a ton or protein!

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
ahhh. ya, i spose frozen fruit would be a nice way to do that. ill have to try the yogurt too.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
well, this is not a post-workout shake. it is a nighty night time shake. i take me some ON pro complex and add in 3 servings of shaved coconut, 1 serving pb, fat/sugar free whipped cream and blend all that **** up. the whipping cream makes is fluffy and the coconut makes it NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE. i prefer to do this with rocky road flavor. WHOOOO! yes, whoo, not who.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Just made this one today

Breakfast Shake
All the Whey Vanilla Opti-Blend - 1 scoop
Fresh Pineapple - roughly one cup
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp pineapple juice
12oz water/ice

This is nice and light on your stomach, good for when you have to work out soon after waking up. Plus the pineapple helps digest the protein.

Ole Skl

Ole Skl

Awards
2 scoops whey
2 Tblsp Peanutbutter
1 Tblsp choco syrup
1 Tblsp instant coffee (cafinated)
and about a cup of water and a cup of milk

Makes a great post w/o

r ich

Awards
Here is my post work out shake

Ingredient Protein Carbs Fat
3-Protein 90 7.5 1.5
EAS Shake 17 6 3
1-Peanut Butter 6 10 14
Banana 1 27 0
1.5 Fat free Froz. Yog. 4.5 30 0
tsp flax seed oil 0 0 5
5g Glutamine
1 cup of crushed ice
118.5 80.5 23.5
1007.5 calories

r ich

Awards
Night time I am trying this

2 scoops of Casein Protein, 5mg melatonin, 2tbls flax seed oil, 5g glutamine, 5g arginine, and 2000mg mucuna pruriens, with 1 cup of ice, 6 oz of a eas shake for added flavor (does not help much).

ptdanny

Awards
These shakes look very tasty and packed with goodies!

Can't wait to start making my own for either low carb or bulking up for my brother!

cantstop19

Awards
heres my postworkout shake

2 scoops Syntha-6 vanilla
2tbs of peanut butter
1 cup of oats
2 scoops of Waxy maize
1 cup of ice
sometimes i add honey for a sweeter taste

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
So was down at the supermarket yesterday walking past the frozen veg/fruits section and noticed that they've reduced frozen winterberries down to £1! I got such a boner i bought as much as i could carry :D I'm away to make a shake right now! Berry explosion all over my face!

PittStud78

PittStud78

Awards
my recipe

been making this one for the past 2 weeks, nightly. It's a pretty big shake, but keeps me full through the entire night.

3 scoops chocolate protein (24g each)
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
1 cup uncooked oats
1 whole banana
2 raw eggs
3 tbsp peanut butter(Natty isnt sold here, so I use smuckers natural)
1-2 cups whole milk

If I don't have a banana, then Ill add some strawberries, or whatever fruit I do have.

Tastes real good, and I drink about 30 min before bed. I'm going to try adding more eggs, but not too many because I don't want to taste them. Also I see some recipes with cottage cheese, and I hate that crap, but probably wouldnt taste it in a shake.

Anyone have an idea of how many calories in this shake? I'm bulking right now, so I know it's not the cleanest shake with ice cream and whole milk, but I want to max my calories.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
been making this one for the past 2 weeks, nightly. It's a pretty big shake, but keeps me full through the entire night.

3 scoops chocolate protein (24g each)
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
1 cup uncooked oats
1 whole banana
2 raw eggs
3 tbsp peanut butter(Natty isnt sold here, so I use smuckers natural)
1-2 cups whole milk

If I don't have a banana, then Ill add some strawberries, or whatever fruit I do have.

Tastes real good, and I drink about 30 min before bed. I'm going to try adding more eggs, but not too many because I don't want to taste them. Also I see some recipes with cottage cheese, and I hate that crap, but probably wouldnt taste it in a shake.

Anyone have an idea of how many calories in this shake? I'm bulking right now, so I know it's not the cleanest shake with ice cream and whole milk, but I want to max my calories.

2000 calorie shake? Holy ****!!!!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
thats a hell of a shake....
how it working out for you?

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thats a hell of a shake....
how it working out for you?
If you're debating it,it will put just as much fat as muscle,if not more on ya.Way too much sugar mainly,with carbs and fat on top of that.I would reconsider that shake.We're after muscle here.........

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
If you're debating it,it will put just as much fat as muscle,if not more on ya.Way too much sugar mainly,with carbs and fat on top of that.I would reconsider that shake.We're after muscle here.........

If that's all he's eating all day then he's probably losing muscle and fat.

But if not, then it's a very sloppy bulk shake.

The exception is extreme ectomorphs who require 5-6k calories before they start to make gains.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have to eat alot to grow as well,and therefore eat a little dirtier than usual.But things like ice cream or any other junk food are useless.Eat whole eggs instead of egg whites,peanut butter,beef instead of chicken,ocasional fast food,more carbs than the verage guy..........not junk food.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
yeah I was just curious. I cant eat dairy products... I feel im losing out on a good source of protein and nutrients.... Im just hitting up a calcium supplement to try to balance it out though....

pdx89

pdx89

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This shake is extremly good and you feel it right away

2 scoops muscle milk (any flavor)
2 tbs crunchy peanut butter
6 egg whites
1/2 cup ice
1 cup soy milk

Make sure to blend it up in a blender otherwise it has the raw egg consistency which i personally don't like and enjoy buddy