- 02-29-2008, 07:16 PM
I just wanted to recommend this product. I've used it to make cookies and pancakes. It's great stuff.
Per 100g (appx. 1 cup)
It's essentially a protein and fiber supplement you can use as a 1-to-1 substitute for flour in recipes. It works very well. People using SuperCarb as a sugar substitute could probably further improve the nutritional profiles of their dishes by using this as their flour substitute.
The manufacturer is Tova Industries. The only place that sells it, that I know of, is Netrition.com.
- 02-29-2008, 07:53 PM
03-01-2008, 12:24 AM
Carbalose, SuperCarb, Enova oil, Z-Trim (fiber-based fat substitute)... there are some great options out there to make healthy baked stuff.
I noticed a lot of the SuperCarb recipes that are posted use regular flour. (Not knocking that.)
Just want to get the word out a bit... more people buy, less likely they'll disappear from the market. I think Z-Trim is only available from the manufacturer's website now. That's great stuff, too.
03-01-2008, 12:35 AM
03-01-2008, 04:56 PM
I guess it's Z-Trim Holdings?
It works really well when you replace half the butter/oil in a recipe with Z-Trim and the other half with Enova.
You might want to look at it if Avant's still looking at doing a MRP product... they sell a powdered form. I added the gel to some protein drinks and it did improve consistency.
03-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Ianhockey91 in forum BulkingReplies: 8Last Post: 02-12-2006, 03:13 PM
- By jackamo in forum General ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 08-27-2005, 08:48 AM
- By Changing in forum Weight LossReplies: 8Last Post: 06-01-2005, 12:31 AM
- By Sticks in forum Weight LossReplies: 19Last Post: 09-22-2004, 10:16 AM
- By belbs75 in forum Weight LossReplies: 0Last Post: 05-24-2003, 04:26 AM