John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think its a goodthing to change the foods you eat up.

I eat a lot of the same stuff

Like oatmeal in the blender, with a banana peanut butter-2 tblspoons, and egg whites or whey

Lean beef- with either brown rice, whole wheat pasta, veggie

Chicken, with sweet or red potatoe, veggie

Salmon with brown rice, veggies

Im looking for idea's.

I get sick of tuna sometimes. I do know a few tasty recipes. They take time though.

Thanks in advance if you contribute.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Like oatmeal in the blender, with a banana peanut butter-2 tblspoons, and egg whites or whey

Im looking for idea's.

I get sick of tuna sometimes. I do know a few tasty recipes. They take time though.

ill tell ya what. I get so mentally sick of eating the same things (assuming they are bland, ala carte*(spelling) repetitive things. I recently bought a crock pot and have experimented successfully with a pot roast with lots of veggies herbs, spices, potatoes and beef. Unfortunately it wasnt too lean. I am going to get on some chicken recipes. I think the important thing in lean meats and things is to cook them right to ensure tenderness and flavor. slow cooking provides an EASY way of doing this. The meat flavors will blend with those of the veggies potatoes etc.

because of my busy schedule I tend to resort to MRP's. I used to eat about 65g whey protein with 3 slices ezekiel bread and some natty pb. too much effort for an MRP if you ask me. I am not a fan of weight gainers and such because they are usually high saturated fat, high cholesterol, and high carb/sugar (and maltodextrin). Well, I took a liking to MHP's Up Your Mass. oats and barley are the carb sources. 5mg cholest. 58g carbs, 46g BLEND of protein and like 510 calories. sat fat is like 2g or something. plus its as easy as adding water and drinking. and still doesnt miss out on the fiber that ezekiel has! (i think it has 10.5g fiber). Plus I found 5lbs for 30 bucks so its not inefficient cost wise either.

anyway I digress....

as far as not using a slow cooker. I like to add things to bring the different macro nutrients together. Like lower sodium pasta sauces etc. it makes the taste and texture much more homogeneous.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been doing this and its pretty damn good. Im on TKD though.

-1can Tuna (white albaquore)
-2 TBS salsa
-1/4 cup cheddar or colby cheese
-1TBS Miracle Whip

Mix it all up then put a little cheese on top and throw it in the microwave for 45-60sec and your good to go. Sometimes I'll throw some red hot in there too. High sodium but whatever.....

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established

-2 TBS salsa
-1TBS Miracle Whip

Mix it all up then put a little cheese on top and throw it in the microwave for 45-60sec and your good to go. Sometimes I'll throw some red hot in there too. High sodium but whatever.....
http://www.followyourheart.com/vegenaise.php

check it out. Its effin delish and very healthy. i like the grapeseed oil one

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

-2 TBS salsa
-1TBS Miracle Whip

Just tryed to make this . Didnt find the ingredients so I used

1 can Tuna(white Alb)
2 tbs spag sauce
1/4 cup cheddar
1 tbs mayo

put it in microwave =Wow! I'm stunned

skunkman

Awards
One meal that I can't get over is chili with some complex corn bread. Absolutely stunning.

Cut up 4 large green peppers, 4 onions and 4 red peppers and place in a large, deep frying pan. Allow them to start to cook up and the liquid to drain from them. Then add 1-2 pounds of 99% free ground turkey breast to the peppers and onions along with some chilli powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Allow the meat, peppers, and onions to cook until almost all of the water from the vegetable has evaporated. Once the meat and vegetables are done cooking (approx 25-30 mins) put to the side and grab a large, deep pot and empty 5 large cans of tomato sauce, 5 cans of diced tomatoes, and then 2-3 cans of tomto paste (depending on how thick you want it). Season the sauces with the same ingredients as mentioned above and add the meat and veggies to the sauce. Allow the sauce, meat, and veggies to simmer on a low heat for about a half hour so the sauce can reduce. Then add 5 large cans ofred kidney beans and allow to simmer again for another 30 mins or so and your done! Tons of protein with the 99% fat free gorund turkey breast and kidney beans and plenty of veggies. Plus, since your using the water from the veggies as liquid to cook the meat in your not adding any oil and basically your getting lean meat, veggies, and beans.
I didnt mention the amounts of the seasonings as they can be adjusted due to each persons taste. Enjoy!

Amounts of base ingredients can be adjusted to whats on hand, or goals.

1 cup corn meal
1 cup whole wheat flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup maltodextrin
2 eggs (i used hi omega 3 free range grain fed)
1/4 cup coconut oil
2/3 cup milk

Mix dry ingredients, blend the wet in until just all mixed together, makes 6 decent sized muffins.

drink it down with straight protein shake, and you are all set!
per muffin -

Energy 271.045 Cal
Protein 7.66 g
Fats 12.375 g
Polyunsaturates 0.763 g
Monosaturates 1.523 g
Saturates 8.995 g
Cholesterol 73.211 mg
Carbohydrates 33.734 g

I'm going to try some variations on it, to boost the protein some. I dont mind the fats at that level, as it is MCT fats. i may drop that a little though, and replace with egg whites, see how it turns out. If I can hit 20+g of protein, and get the carbs up to 40 while being all complex carbs, thats what I want.
I substituted olive oil and it turned out fine.

Thixotrope

Thixotrope

Awards

Im looking for idea's.

7am-6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 12 almonds, 1 cup veggie

10am-6oz chkn, 1 cup veggie, 1 avocado

1pm-1 can tuna, 1 cup veggie, 12 almonds

4pm-6oz chkn, 1 cup veggie, 1 avocado

7pm-6oz salmon, 1 cup veggie, 12 almonds

10pm-20gm whey, 20gm casein

I'll have a "carb day" every 4 or 5 days. I've tried going totally keto but my body doesn't respond favorably. My energy stays pretty high and I make decent lean mass gains as well as steady increases in strength. Not a hardcore mass gainer plan I know but my body loses/gains weight very easily

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Just tryed to make this . Didnt find the ingredients so I used

1 can Tuna(white Alb)
2 tbs spag sauce
1/4 cup cheddar
1 tbs mayo

put it in microwave =Wow! I'm stunned
Smeton you're hilarious man... I can see you standing there like, "Damnit!... I'm just gonna use spaghetti sauce!!" and then feasting like a hobo at hooters. LMAO man!

SFRANGER

SFRANGER

Awards
My meals look like this 6 days a week -

1/2 Cup oatmeal and protein shake- 8 am
Chicken breast - 10 am
2 cups Broccoli and carrots (raw) - 12 pm
protein shake - 2 pm
chicken breast - 5 pm
protein shake - 8 pm (after workout)
2 cups broccoli and carrots and another chicken breast - 9 pm

It makes you REALLY look forward to that oatmeal in the morning. MMM carbs. On the seventh day of the week I usually wild out, I eat whatever I want and drink beer (By 'eat whatever I want', I mean I may eat a medium pizza, with my pslin, for lunch and have a 6 inch sub for dinner. I dont go out of my way to over eat that day...I dont want to waste my whole week of effort!) *Please note that I'm cutting for the summer time and that you would never grow much mass on a diet like this.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got another good one for low carbing.

-6oz Chicken with some pasta/pizza hot&sweet magic seasoning(no sodium added :) ).
-Throw some EVOO in the pan
-Cook on low heat and throw more of the seasoning on (as you see fit)
-After the chicken is cooked. Throw some mozzarella over top the chicken breat and turn the heat off
-Cover the pan and let it sit for a few then dig in

I was very pleased with the way this turned out

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The majority of my meals look like this-meat and oatmeal.The oatmeal gets old but you can cook a lot and then put it in containers mixed watery with some prot. and drink it while at work.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I keep it simple but boring

eggs, oatmeal, juice
shake
chicken, brown rice, peas
shake
chicken,brown rice, peas
shake

snack

simple and boring however I use plenty of differant sauces

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Meal 1 2 scoop protein Shake and 2oz Peanut butter
Meal 2 4 whole eggs/2 whites and 1oz Almonds
Meal 3 6oz ground chuck and 1 1/2oz Almonds
Meal 4 1 can of tuna and 1 1/2oz Almonds
Meal 5 2 scoop protein in 8oz Milk with a banana
Meal 6 10oz steak with 2 cups of Broccoli and 10-15 fish oil caps

This the Monday - friday diet

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Im looking for idea's.

Gawd I hate wheat pasta... but kudos on your very clean diet.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Meal 1 2 scoop protein Shake and 2oz Peanut butter
Meal 2 4 whole eggs/2 whites and 1oz Almonds
Meal 3 6oz ground chuck and 1 1/2oz Almonds
Meal 4 1 can of tuna and 1 1/2oz Almonds
Meal 5 2 scoop protein in 8oz Milk with a banana
Meal 6 10oz steak with 2 cups of Broccoli and 10-15 fish oil caps

This the Monday - friday diet
what are your stats..? do you use this diet for long term or just right now? what does your weekend food intake look like?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cutting right now, eat the same thing every day

Meal 1
protein shake
granola/milk

Meal 2
Protein shake
Peanutre butter sandwitch

Meal 3 (pre workout)
1 turkey burger
2 slices whole wheat bread
1 bag 94% fat free popcorn

During workou
30g wms

Meal 4 (Post workout)
7oz chicken
Cereal/milk or oats and milk

Pre bed
1 slice bread with PB
Cottage cheese

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Im 5'11 just under 200lbs at 12-14% bf....Just started this diet about 2 weeks ago using it to lean up for the summer. Im running this diet till April 1st so far seeing great results. On Saturday is my carb up so i take in just shy of 400 carbs which comes out to 60-65 carbs per meal. Then i spilt my fat into my first 3 meals only at 15 grams per meal.But my protein always remains the same. Sunday is 40 carbs in my first 4 meals and 20 grams of fat in my last 4 meals. So meals 3 and 4 will contain both carbs and fat and meal 5 and 6 will be protein and fat only. So far it is working great.

what are your stats..? do you use this diet for long term or just right now? what does your weekend food intake look like?

Link24

Awards
  • Established
My only carb choices are bananas, fiber one cereal, oatmeal, potatoes, and brown rice with a nice cheat meal every 2 weeks.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
is spanish rice slow burning?

O and I can't eat ricoota cheese it takes way too long. Cottege cheese for me.

I drink the eggwhite containers this makes a fast erasy way to get protein in on the run.

As of now I have time to cook whole foods=)

Lean beef with worchester sauce. Fat free cheese(or low fat)

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
crush slow sodium tostada's on a dish

layer with rice ( i use a good starchy white rice)

cook lean ground beef, drain to your liking, then add cummin and chili powder to flavor. add some drained kidney beans for extra protein.

layer that over the rice

put shredded chedder and mont jack cheese over the top.

voila!

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
is spanish rice slow burning?

O and I can't eat ricoota cheese it takes way too long. Cottege cheese for me.

I drink the eggwhite containers this makes a fast erasy way to get protein in on the run.

As of now I have time to cook whole foods=)

Lean beef with worchester sauce. Fat free cheese(or low fat)
i like to add tuna to cottage cheese with chives.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established

Im looking for idea's.

I just eat my ass off...lol

I can't add but can you elaborate on that oatmeal, bannana, pb and whites in the blender thing....sounds good!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just eat my ass off...lol

I can't add but can you elaborate on that oatmeal, bannana, pb and whites in the blender thing....sounds good!
Put in Blender

Two cups Oatmeal
A banana
2 Tbsp Natty PB
and Banana Whey Protein(which is incredible tasting, i prefer this over the egg whites but will on occasion use egg whites if I want a different source of protein ) or plain egg whites

Put top on of course and Blend

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Put in Blender

Two cups Oatmeal
A banana
2 Tbsp Natty PB
and Banana Whey Protein(which is incredible tasting, i prefer this over the egg whites but will on occasion use egg whites if I want a different source of protein ) or plain egg whites

which companies banana whey>? and what meal of the day is that for you?

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
I love this thread already. Every week I cook a ton of food and freeze it in tupperwares. Last night I got chicken breast, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and veggies, and just combined variations of that in tupperwares, stuff em in the fridge, and you got a quick meal. Problem is I don't mix it up a whole lot. Oh, and don't forget Johnnies Seasoning. mmmm....

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I love this thread already. Every week I cook a ton of food and freeze it in tupperwares. Last night I got chicken breast, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and veggies, and just combined variations of that in tupperwares, stuff em in the fridge, and you got a quick meal. Problem is I don't mix it up a whole lot. Oh, and don't forget Johnnies Seasoning. mmmm....

you must have a big ****in fridge

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Put in Blender

Two cups Oatmeal
A banana
2 Tbsp Natty PB

Thanks bro, Im gonna try this asap. Are you referring to the egg whites in the little cartons or real separated egg whites?

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually it is pretty big hehe. But I don't have much in my fridge besides milk, cheese, and the absolute essentials besides my meals.
haha it makes it so much easier during the week to just grab and go

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The flavor of the week for me....

4-6oz 90/10 Sirloin
1/2-1/3 cup Brown Rice (dry)
4-6 spears Asparagus
1t. EVOO

I marinade the sirloin in soy sauce while the rice is cooking. Then I throw on a bit of Mrs. Dash SW chipolte seasoning and fry it up. I throw a touch more soy sauce in the pan and about 1/2 way thru cooking I throw in the chopped up asparagus.

I dont think I'll get sick of this stuff.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The flavor of the week for me....

4-6oz 90/10 Sirloin
1/2-1/3 cup Brown Rice (dry)
4-6 spears Asparagus
1t. EVOO

I marinade the sirloin in soy sauce while the rice is cooking. Then I throw on a bit of Mrs. Dash SW chipolte seasoning and fry it up. I throw a touch more soy sauce in the pan and about 1/2 way thru cooking I throw in the chopped up asparagus.

I dont think I'll get sick of this stuff.

NICE. this looks good. I did something similar with chicken a few weeks ago. Sirloin would probably be better.

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
Thats a really good price for sirloin. At least it is where I live. I cook about 5 lbs. of top round with just the right seasonings, weigh them, mark em and freeze em until I need a protein fix. Steak is so fkin good. I don't know how people can bodybuild and be vegetarians.

Menacer

Menacer

Awards
Meal 1: 4 whole eggs, 4 egg whites, 2scoops ON protein 1 1/2 cups cooked oatmeal, 1 banana.

Meal 2: 1 boiled chicken breast, 2 slices wholewheat bread, 1 whole yam, one broccolli crown steamed.

Meal 3: 1 boiled chicken breast, 2 slices wholewheat bread, 1 whole yam, one broccolli crown steamed.

Meal 4: 1 boiled chicken breast, 2 slices wholewheat bread, 1 whole yam, one broccolli crown steamed.

Shake

Meal5: Steak, red potatoes, brocolli or asparagus

Shake

Meal 6: half chicken breast, yogurt, almonds, big glass of skim milk.

Gets somewhat boring but it works for me!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Meal 1: 4 whole eggs, 4 egg whites, 2scoops ON protein 1 1/2 cups cooked oatmeal, 1 banana.

Meal 2: 1 boiled chicken breast, 2 slices wholewheat bread, 1 whole yam, one broccolli crown steamed.

Meal 3: 1 boiled chicken breast, 2 slices wholewheat bread, 1 whole yam, one broccolli crown steamed.

Meal 4: 1 boiled chicken breast, 2 slices wholewheat bread, 1 whole yam, one broccolli crown steamed.

Shake

Meal5: Steak, red potatoes, brocolli or asparagus

Shake

Meal 6: half chicken breast, yogurt, almonds, big glass of skim milk.

Gets somewhat boring but it works for me!
You must be big as your buffalo picture eating like that. congrads

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
you must have a big ****in fridge
Try living with three other roommates and sharing a fridge. They absolutely hate me. The fridge is full of eggs and tuperware containers and the freezer is packed with frozen chicken and beef.

Good thread by the way. Always interested to get some new ideas for meals. Eating the same thing certainly gets old after a while.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Try living with three other roommates and sharing a fridge. They absolutely hate me. The fridge is full of eggs and tuperware containers and the freezer is packed with frozen chicken and beef.

Good thread by the way. Always interested to get some new ideas for meals. Eating the same thing certainly gets old after a while.
Try living with two other roommates who are the same as you. And all three of you are trying to fit seperate bags of frozen chicken, beef, eggs, tuperware and skim milk in a small apartment fridge. We had the cops raid our apartment (it was on campus) because they thought we were having a party (it was the guys below us) and they forced us to open our fridge. They just looked at us with disbelief, as there were like 6 containers of eggs, 4-6 gallons of milk and stacks upon stacks of Tupperware containers containing chicken/beef, rice, and veggies. Then my buddy let one of the good ol' clear the f'in room egg farts go and the cops couldn't leave fast enough!

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Try living with two other roommates who are the same as you. And all three of you are trying to fit seperate bags of frozen chicken, beef, eggs, tuperware and skim milk in a small apartment fridge. We had the cops raid our apartment (it was on campus) because they thought we were having a party (it was the guys below us) and they forced us to open our fridge. They just looked at us with disbelief, as there were like 6 containers of eggs, 4-6 gallons of milk and stacks upon stacks of Tupperware containers containing chicken/beef, rice, and veggies. Then my buddy let one of the good ol' clear the f'in room egg farts go and the cops couldn't leave fast enough!
Well damn. I couldn't imagine having to share a fridge with someone else like me, let alone two. I can just see the faces on the cops. I get that look when people open our fridge. Then I explain that 95% of it's mine and their jaw just drops. I know all about those egg farts too. Damn do they stink.

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that's pretty funny. It's bad enough living with people that won't eat what you eat, but when there's more than one bodybuilder in the house more food is eaten and it makes it harder. Food disappears. Musk be the same g0ddamn gnomes that stole my left socks.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lmaooooooooo

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My fridge is usually full and I live by myself.I just had to lay a gallon of milk down on it's side to fit.I couldn't imagine having roommates!

Cerberus

Awards
right now .... I rotate between low (~100-120g) and mod (~150-170g) carb days with 1 high (450g) day + 1 cheat meal (on high day)/ week. I'm around 10% @ 188.

Here is what I had today (low day):

70 grams of oats
70 grams of metabolic drive
2 grams of cinnamon

70 grams of oats
5 egg whites + 1 full egg + chopped spinach, tomato w/ butt rub seasoning
58 grams of metabolic drive

Beef jerky (45 grams of PRO)
15 grams almonds
15 grams cashews

12 oz premium cut sirloin w/ butt rub seasoning
4 cups of spinach & spring mix salad w/ some sautéed yellow squash on top w/ some light evoo brushings w/ seasonings
30 grams zero carb, low fat northern Italian basil dressing

just finishing ...
122 grams pumpkin
133 grams 1% cottage cheese
28 grams vanilla ultra peptide

I get a lot more creative on the weekends when I have more time to spend in the kitchen. I usually whip up some delicious entrees for my wife and I. I'm fortunate to be able to afford good food.