Morningstar & Gardenburger

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
More of a suggestion than a recipe. You must try their products. Healthy and tasty. I discovered these brands when I was vegetarian last summer, but I just love my chicken, pork chops, and beef way too much, to give them up for good. Throw in some of the MS and GB products to mix things up a bit. Enjoy.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
More of a suggestion than a recipe. You must try their products. Healthy and tasty. I discovered these brands when I was vegetarian last summer, but I just love my chicken, pork chops, and beef way too much, to give them up for good. Throw in some of the MS and GB products to mix things up a bit. Enjoy.
Staple foods for me, man. Grillers Prime are Morningstar's big burger and I try to eat a couple of those per week. Worthington's Fry-chik is also great in soups (i.e. vege chicken soup) or Worthington's Vege-burger in my spaghetti sauce. Makes being a vegetarian in need of protein quite easy for me. Good post man.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
I feel morningstar has a good line but I gotta stick with my original boca (vegan).

Morningstar bacon is incredible.

You want a great protein source? Try "Gimme Lean" Sausage. They come in big rolls and you can crisp them up with some olive oil and seasoning. Delicious.

Also a big fan of the morningstar Veggie crumbles for sauces and stews.

I wish I could have the morningstar chikn patties again but they're just so hi-carb.

Also i'm vegetarian but I've switched completely over to Smart Veggie Cheese slices because they melt incredible into eggs and taste just as good to me as normal cheese, except they have twice the protein and 75% less calories.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Boca just tastes too funky to me. And I've been vege since I was like 2!! Don't know whats up with my taste buds, but I can't handle Boca. Another good little vegetarian tip is that I use McKay's Chicken Seasoning (Vegan) in lots of my cooking (especially on green-peas) so if you get the chance, grab a jar of it - you'll thank me fellas! :thumbsup:

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gardenburger's portabella patties and Morningstar's black bean patties are absolutely amazing. I cooked up some of the black bean patties last night. I miss being vegetarian. I may get around to trying it again. It took me about 2-3 tries the first time, but the last time, I succeeded. I was vegetarian for about 4-6 months, I believe. It was refreshing eating meat again, but I didn't feel right for the first few days. However, I also didn't feel right once I first became vegetarian and gave up meat. I guess my body was just adjusting.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Those black bean patties are quite tasty, but the Grillers Prime are my #1 choice. Although whatever garden burger they use at Hard Rock Cafe is by far the bast tasting GB I've ever eaten.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
Those black bean patties are quite tasty, but the Grillers Prime are my #1 choice. Although whatever garden burger they use at Hard Rock Cafe is by far the bast tasting GB I've ever eaten.
agreed.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I been eatin the hell outta Turkey burgers lately like every other day at least. They taste just like real burgers but they have practically no sodium + 18g fat / 0 carbs / 38g protein

Whiplash

Whiplash

Awards
hurley.. I didnt know you're a vegetarian. Do you find it difficult to get your protein in? How do you get it in? Im curious

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
hurley.. I didnt know you're a vegetarian. Do you find it difficult to get your protein in? How do you get it in? Im curious

Dude, soy protein and meat substitutes are packed with protein with little/no carbs and very little calories

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Whey Protein my brotha'... that and fat free cottage cheese, some veggie meats, and eggs. You adapt over time and its rather easy to be vegetarian.

Whiplash

Whiplash

Awards
to the other guy...

Studies have suggested that the phytoestrogens contained in soy protein lead to both unwanted decreases in testosterone, and increases in the female sex hormone estrogen.

For example, the isoflavones (a phytoestrogen) found in soy are thought to upset hormone balance, and result in the aforementioned unwanted testosterone and estrogen changes in addition to thyroid problems

Whiplash

Whiplash

Awards
Whey Protein my brotha'... that and fat free cottage cheese, some veggie meats, and eggs. You adapt over time and its rather easy to be vegetarian.
Wow, I dont think I could do it. Have you had bad experiences with meat or animals in the past that made you choose this path or what?

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I dont think I could do it. Have you had bad experiences with meat or animals in the past that made you choose this path or what?
I've just always thought it was kinda gross since I was little. So, I just decided when I was about 3 or 4 and told my mom I wanted to be veg. She said that was cool, and just always bought veggie meat with the regular groceries each week. I don't think I could switch to eating meat now even if I tried - it'd just be too hard/gross.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
to the other guy...

Studies have suggested that the phytoestrogens contained in soy protein lead to both unwanted decreases in testosterone, and increases in the female sex hormone estrogen.

For example, the isoflavones (a phytoestrogen) found in soy are thought to upset hormone balance, and result in the aforementioned unwanted testosterone and estrogen changes in addition to thyroid problems
Do you understand how much soy you'd have to eat for the slightest increase in estrogen levels or the absorption rate it would have to occur in the body? Trust me, there's a better chance of my estrogen level rising from dairy.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
One word fellas... WHAM! Look it up - it's tasty!