- 12-06-2007, 03:31 PM
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp cumin seed
1 tbsp ground sage
4 oz. tilapia fillets
01. Coat fillets in olive oil and place on foil. Squeeze the lemon juice onto the fillets. Sprinkle with cumin and sage. Fold the foil closed.
02. Place on broiler pan and put on top rack in broiler. Cook until the meat becomes flakey when forked (~15 minutes.)
03. Garnish with parsley to taste.
- 12-19-2007, 11:06 PM
crazy that fish comes from the canals in hawaii i mean DIRTY ASS CANALS
- 12-20-2007, 05:36 AM
I was about to say that but the dirtier the tastier
12-20-2007, 05:41 AM
haha yep. dirty a$$ fish but hey its a survivor. They are good to eat tho if you get the ones that they raise at the fish farms. Haoles dont know about the rep tilapias have down here. Its a good tasting fish tho' seriously.
12-20-2007, 03:21 PM
lol..the best thing is that they are free. What i do is grab from canal, store it in aquarium for about a month with controlled water
12-21-2007, 09:22 PM
12-23-2007, 03:36 AM
lol...they also breed easily so you can have a year round stock of tilapia
02-13-2008, 10:01 PM
02-27-2008, 10:35 AM
They also use it to eat the crap out of tanks on commercial fish farms!!! Saw it on Dirty Jobs!
02-27-2008, 10:37 AM
lol such a poor choice of fish.
02-27-2008, 10:46 AM
02-27-2008, 12:17 PM
This was actually a printed recipe somewhere. I didn't come up with this on my own. I've had tilapia before and it was actually pretty good. I spiced it well. This was frozen tilapia, which was farm-raised. Not septic tank cleaning tilapia. But, after reading some of these replies, I don't think I ever wanna eat tilapia again.
04-26-2008, 08:03 PM
I agree with muscle guy, I also seen dirty jobs that talipia clean up sh!t out of canals, but it is actually a hella good fish!
Similar Forum Threads
- By yeahright in forum RecipesReplies: 4Last Post: 06-27-2006, 09:07 PM
- By jjohn in forum RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-12-2006, 08:37 AM
- By yeahright in forum RecipesReplies: 1Last Post: 06-03-2006, 10:30 PM
- By yeahright in forum RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-03-2006, 10:28 PM
- By yeahright in forum RecipesReplies: 6Last Post: 06-03-2006, 09:16 PM