Sweet Potatoes

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by AppliedBaby View Post
    love em mashed with spray butter, pumpkin pie spice, cinn, nutmeg, and splenda...mmmmm
    I just now noticed you're in Ca, PA. Most ppl. have prob never even heard of it, but i grew up in Pittsburgh, so I noticed it. Go Steelers (next yr, anyway)!

2. 1 tsp olive oil
    splenda brown sugar blend
    cinnamon

cheap, fast, delicious with good fats!
    •   

3. try putting some fat free van. yogurt or light and lean on it with a handful of nuts. Gives it that thanksgiving quality and cals it up.

4. I've been making sweet potato chips, frying them in peanut oil. Probably not the healthiest way to eat them, but peanut oil is a good fat, at least.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ksa View Post

I eat the top right one ( tastes like chestnut)

steamed sweet potatoes is tasty by it self.
    try this for the bottom left one.

put on a flat sheet stick in oven for about 15-20 mins untill soft then cut in half put a little butter and brown sugar.
    -can do same for butternut squash

6. Quote Originally Posted by nightfly71 View Post
    I've been making sweet potato chips, frying them in peanut oil. Probably not the healthiest way to eat them, but peanut oil is a good fat, at least.
    Not to get too off topic, but if you're looking for a chip to snack give the Healthy Cheat Foods Chips a try: http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufactu...y-cheat-foods/

2 grams of fat, 2 grams of carbs, and 22 grams of protein per serving.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

7. I like to bake mine actually (or if I'm pressed for time I get one of the ones that they have at the store that are "microwaveable"...and nuke them for 7 minutes) and then when it's all cooked up, I top it with some cinnamon and Splenda and mash it all up. Good eats.

8. Quote Originally Posted by nightfly71 View Post
    I've been making sweet potato chips, frying them in peanut oil. Probably not the healthiest way to eat them, but peanut oil is a good fat, at least.
    Not after you heat it!!!

9. I love cutting them up like fries, baking them, and drizzle some EVO on them.

10. I like a mixture of one teaspoon chili garlic sauce, 1 teaspoon steak sauce, and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce on mine with chicken and broccoli
    The sweet, spicy, and vinegary combo is like a flavor explosion.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sweet Potato Protein Pancakes
    By jjohn in forum Recipes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 10:59 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 05:26 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 10:55 AM
  4. Sweet Potato Pie??
    By Ant. in forum Recipes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 03:57 AM
  5. Do sweet potatoes increase natural hormone profile?
    By John Smeton in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 05:33 PM