High Protein ..great tasting shake.

rippednKY

rippednKY

Awards
this is a high protein , high carb high calorie shake...i use it for the offseason with bsn's TRUEMASS..and in the spring-summer, i use it with Twinlab protein fuel...
8 oz 2% milk
2 raw whole eggs 1 egg white
3 scoops of strawberry trumass
3 frozen strawberries
1 whole banana
its has over 700 cals
over 80 carbs and over 70 protein....
and on top of that, it tastes great.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is a high protein , high carb high calorie shake...i use it for the offseason with bsn's TRUEMASS..and in the spring-summer, i use it with Twinlab protein fuel...
8 oz 2% milk
2 raw whole eggs 1 egg white
3 scoops of strawberry trumass
3 frozen strawberries
1 whole banana
its has over 700 cals
over 80 carbs and over 70 protein....
and on top of that, it tastes great.

Why the raw eggs?. The sugar in that would have me running to the pooper anyway, not to mention the raw eggs.

rippednKY

rippednKY

Awards
theres a lot of high quality vitamins in the raw egg..i use it for the extra protein also...

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Raw eggs are the bomb. :head:

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I put raw yolks in my shakes, then I cook up the whites.

NateWA

NateWA

Awards
  • Established
the yolks are the ones that have that bacteria **** in them though.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
the yolks are the ones that have that bacteria **** in them though.
I believe you are incorrect.

I eat raw eggs all the time with no problems. Salmonella is more than likely to be found on the outside of the shell than on the inside. You are more likely to be killed in a plane crash than get salmonella from eggs.

NateWA

NateWA

Awards
  • Established
I guess im wrong. I just heard the whites were safer than the yolks.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I guess im wrong. I just heard the whites were safer than the yolks.
If you want to include 'raw' eggs into your diet, atleast switch to pasteurized eggs. I'm less concerned about the salmonella risk than I am about the bioavailability.

Egg whites are 100% bioavailable for up to 4 to 5 hours.

Good Stuff: http://www.eggwhitesint.com

The human body cannot completely and safely digest a raw egg white so if you like to do the “Rocky Routine” with a raw egg or raw egg white in your drink, you are wasting your time, not to mention the threat of Salmonella.

Avidin, an enzyme found in raw egg whites, blocks the uptake of Vitamin B6 (Biotin) causing a vitamin deficiency. You must cook the egg white to neutralize the Avidin and allow your body to safely digest the protein and utilize all its Amino acids.

100% pure liquid egg whites from Egg Whites International, are cooked, and yet kept in a liquid state. They are heat pasteurized and salmonella tested. The pasteurization process heats the egg white to 134 degrees for 31/2 minutes. This proper temperature kills the salmonella and neutralizes the Avidin without damaging the protein, to allow the egg white to be digested safely by the human body.

When you cook an egg white to the point of scrambled eggs, 150 degrees or more, you are overcooking the protein and denaturing the true value of the protein. Therefore, 100% Pure Liquid Egg Whites are “liquid” but not “raw”, making them the purest and most versatile form of protein, known to man, In The Entire World!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
The yolk of the egg is one of the richest natural sources of biotin. You will only have an issue if you are eating the whites only and in that case, yes pasteurization is the way to go.

As far as denaturing the protein: why do you think meat firms up when you cook it? It is due to the protein denaturing. Fully cooked eggs are just as bioavailable as cooked meat. Denaturing is a result not only of heat but by other external forces as well, such as strong acids ore bases. I believe the gastric acid in our stomach would qualify.

Bottom line: eat em raw, eat em cooked, but don't eat raw whites only without pasteurization or supplementation with biotin.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
The yolk of the egg is one of the richest natural sources of biotin. You will only have an issue if you are eating the whites only and in that case, yes pasteurization is the way to go.

As far as denaturing the protein: why do you think meat firms up when you cook it? It is due to the protein denaturing. Fully cooked eggs are just as bioavailable as cooked meat. Denaturing is a result not only of heat but by other external forces as well, such as strong acids ore bases. I believe the gastric acid in our stomach would qualify.

Bottom line: eat em raw, eat em cooked, but don't eat raw whites only without pasteurization or supplementation with biotin.
You ~cook~ meat? :icon_lol:

I do supplement with Biotin to help control blood sugar levels.

rippednKY

rippednKY

Awards
I agree that the salmonella is only found on outside of the egg because of the chicken sh!! that they are in...
i have been eating them this way for over 5 years and no problems yet..only one time i was eating a dozen raw a day with 6 yolks and my cholesterol went thru the roof..so i cut back, but i did gain 10 lbs in a short time doing that..

NateWA

NateWA

Awards
  • Established
thats awesome though. the egg yolk cycle. haha