Healthy French Toast

99sscamaroma

Awards
Not sure if anyone has posted a recipe like this before but here goes!

Ingredients:

Get light style bread (I usually get like pepperidge farms light style oatmeal bread), 1 container of egg beaters, some pure vanilla or almond extract (whatever you prefer), cinnamon, some butter flavor cooking spray (or you can use I cant believe its not butter spray), some splenda, and sugar free syrup.

Cooking:

Place a small amount on the egg beaters in a pie plate or bowl. Then add in a small amount of the vanilla or almond extract, a touch of cinnamon, and then some splenda to sweeten it up. After mixing it for a few seconds, dip the bread on each side, place in a cooking spray coated warm pan, cook till both sides are slightly brown, plate them and add the syrup! I will usually even add a few sprays of I cant believe its not butter spray on top of the french toast to give it a more buttery flavor. Enjoy!

easymac

easymac

Awards
I have a weakness for french toast. This sounds awesome right now.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That does sound good! I'm an ICBINBspray(pour:D) fiend in the offseason. :food:

buildmeup

Awards
That sounds really good!! I'm definately going to have to try it..

Tattooed76

Tattooed76

Awards
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 99sscamaroma again.
I would rep you but it looks like I have to spread the love first. :food:

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
I really like this recipe. I use Healthy choice whole wheat bread thats 35 calories a slice, and only has 5 net grams of carbs per slice. Add some butter spray and sugar-free maple syrup and its heavenly.