Thermogenic Cinnamony-Sweet Spread

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alrighty, don't get the wrong impression thinking that you can just eat this with a spoon and burn fat, but the MCT content can increase thryroid metabolism.

Like the rest of my recipes, do you really think this guy uses measuring spoons? (rhetorical question)

1- Combine coconut oil and olive oil in a gladware container so that you've got about 60% coconut oil in your mixture.
Note: Coconut oil will become liquid at about 80 degrees Fahrenheit. If your CO is solid, close the container and run under HOT water.
2- Add cinnamon and sugar (sweetener of your choice) to taste.
3- Stick in the fridge. Pull your container out every 5 minutes or so and stir it up (to prevent settling) until it hardens up.
4- Slap on some toast and enjoy.

Children, be sure to perform under an adult's supervision. :)
:smite: thesinner

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And the cinnamon helps with blood-glucose levels.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Might have to try this for me and the kids. So it really tastes good with all those oils? Can you taste the coconut?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
CO, in my opinion, doesn't have much of a taste. It for sure will not cause a coconutty-taste that you would perceive in like an almond joy bar (I know some kids HATE coconut, but don't think they would notice this, unless you told them it contained coconut). Bah, I have a little sister who refused to eat buffalo meat (strange kid I know), so my parents just always told her it's regular beef :D

My idea behind this was to make something that was similar to butter whipped with cinnamon and sugar, without using butter.

I don't know if you're familiar with this place, but there's a really kick-ass restaurant in Grand River, OH (hometown of football legend Don Shula), called Pickle Bills. One of thier claims to fame is the dinner rolls they serve you before the meal. The butter is whipped with apple cinnamon and sugar and the rolls are cooked in a deep fryer instead of a conventional oven. Needless to say, it is a flavorful bliss that goes straight to your thighs. :D Granted thesinner's spread on some whole wheat toast or a bagel is not quite as good, it's still pretty tasty. I ran out of my first batch yesterday afternoon, so it didn't even last me a week (I tend to scarf down things that taste good).

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Olivio is 40% olive oil. And Lee Iacoca would not 'steer' you wrong.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How is this with the Liquid Splenda?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How is this with the Liquid Splenda?
Not really sure. I just have a big thing of the packets that I use.

I'm wary that liquid splenda might emulsify and separate easily.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not really sure. I just have a big thing of the packets that I use.

I'm wary that liquid splenda might emulsify and separate easily.
Lecithin might be a good addition...blended with a hand-blender?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
BUMP to see if anyone else has tried this yet. My last batch came out a little stiff, and didn't spread very well.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HINT: Try adding Raspberry Ketones for something with a slightly fruity undertone...and even more thermogenesis.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm, that's a pretty cool idea. Do you think cinnamon raspberry would sound tasty? :think:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmm, that's a pretty cool idea. Do you think cinnamon raspberry would sound tasty? :think:
Actually, yes I do. RKs impart a slight raspberry taste (and a bit of a bite, which is complemented by the cinnamon)...definitely not overpowering at all.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually, yes I do. RKs impart a slight raspberry taste (and a bit of a bite, which is complemented by the cinnamon)...definitely not overpowering at all.
I know the ketones are responsible for the rapberry taste, just wasn't 100% on rasp+cinnamon, but it might be good.

I've also done with cocoa + chocamine in the past for a chocolately sort of spread (dark chocolate taste, but I like dark chocolate). I think the ketones might be better with this combo.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You will be seeing this combo in an upcoming RPN product, btw.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I was eating my java soap the other day. It tastes good, plus the cissus can't hurt.

alexchamp

Awards
i'm really having fun browsing the recipes here, hope you guys don't mind me copyin' and pastin' recipes :D

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No problem.

Spread the word (no pun intended) and enjoy.