whole wheat pizza dough - AnabolicMinds.com

whole wheat pizza dough

1. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  167 lbs.

whole wheat pizza dough

Just wondering if anyone out there makes their own pizza dough out of whole wheat flour? I thought about it last night while laying in bed. My wife was diagnosed w/ gestational diabetes, so she can't eat any simple carbs (great for my diet!!! ) anyway, does anybody have a recipe out there?

Thanks!

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

I don't but I know Boboli makes one. It is really good with turkey pep on it.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  162 lbs.

They tried to introduce it to my school. personally, I like it, but many of the students complained, and the the food services were forced to bring the original back.

One student even started a mass email uproar when the food services annouces they were no longer using or selling any trans-fats items. I was like wow, this is great. Then some fatty started a riot. Morons.

yeah they do have some frozen varieties, check food network for recipes if you make your own.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  162 lbs.

How bout from wolfgang puck?

1 package yeast
    1/4 cup warm water, plus1 cup cool water
    1 tablespoon honey
    3 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    Pinch salt

Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Add the honey and let sit for 5 minutes, until foamy. Put the flour in a food processor. Mix the 1 cup cool water with the olive oil and salt. With the motor running, pour the olive oil mixture and the yeast slowly in through the feed tube. Process until the dough forms a ball on the blade. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, cover and let rise until double in bulk. Punch down the dough and knead it on a lightly floured surface for 1 minute. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll them into tight balls. Place on a tray, cover with a damp towel and let rest for several hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
    Roll or stretch each bowl of dough into a 7 to 8-inch circle. Place the circles, 1 at a time, on a wooden peel or on a baking sheet and build the pizza as desired.

rest of recipe, and more here
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci...ml?rsrc=search
  5. Advanced Member

Just google Pizza dough recipes,just substitute whole wheat flour for regular... Google Sabarro,and Rays Famous(NY style)....you'll find some good recipes...

Tip...,buy the mozarella cheese in around ball,fresh...not that shredded crap...and some fresh basil/oregano...used crushed tomatoes/sugar/salt/spices for sauce....good stuff,I make a batch of dough about once a week...Always trying to make a better pizza each time,.....buy a pizza stone,makes a big difference...Also cook the dough for 5 minutes,then put your toppings on and finish cooking,keeps the dough from being soggy
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  167 lbs.

thanks for the info! We'll be trying it this week!!
  7. New Member

Dont know of any recipes for whole-wheat doe but I picked up some from Trader Joes yesterday and cooked it up lastnite. Turned out amazing.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. WHOLE WHEAT PIZZA!
    By schwellington in forum Recipes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 02:21 PM
  2. Homemade Whole Wheat Pizza
    By ozarkaBRAND in forum Recipes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 03:06 PM
  3. tomato sauce on whole wheat pasta
    By UNDERTAKER in forum Weight Loss