- 08-12-2007, 06:48 AM
This is a great recipe to make during a work day - start it in the morning and it should be ready by the time you get home. It's dead simple. Take a medium size lean roast (I like inside or outside round), remove any excess fat, then place in a slow cooker and cover with salsa. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, then shred it using 2 forks and cook it for another 30 to 60 minutes.
I usually use ww wraps rather than taco shells. Top tacos with cheese, onion, bell pepper, tomato, lettuce, sour cream and salsa (optional). They're a bit messy but they taste amazing and they're a lot leaner than tacos made with ground beef. A medium roast will make enough for 2 or more meals depending on the size of your family.
- 08-12-2007, 10:30 AM
- 5'10" 185 lbs.
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
- Puyallup, WA
- Rep Power
Buying a roast today to try that out. Man it sounds good!
- 01-11-2011, 01:27 PM
That does sound awesome.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Supa Freek 420 in forum Weight LossReplies: 5Last Post: 05-08-2012, 05:06 AM
- By buyb12 in forum General ChatReplies: 11Last Post: 06-14-2003, 12:47 PM
- By Zack in forum General ChatReplies: 7Last Post: 06-02-2003, 06:59 PM
- By jweave23 in forum Weight LossReplies: 8Last Post: 01-24-2003, 02:48 PM
- By windwords7 in forum General ChatReplies: 20Last Post: 12-07-2002, 03:02 AM