• Legend!
  • Established
Shtuff you'll need:
1-Coconut Oil
2-A pound or so of raw peanuts
3-Peanut Oil, Olive Oil, or other liquid oil of your choice
4-A Skillet or Frying Pan
5-A Blender
6-A container to put the PB in (An empty 24oz. cottage cheese tub works great)
7-Sea Salt (optional)
8-Splenda, sugar, or other preferred sweetener (optional)

What you do:
1-Put the peanuts in the skillet, throw a big chunk (or two) of coconut oil on it. After the coconut oil melts, add your choice Liquid oil until the peanuts are just submerged.
2-Cook on low heat for about 20 minutes to allow the nuts to roast. (mmmm, roasty nuts)
3-Pour the peanuts and oil from the frying pan into the blender.
4-Blend it up until it looks nicely blended, add the salt or sweetener to taste. If needed, add some more liquid oil to blend it better. (I find it works best if you use the 'pulse' button and blend it in spurts)
5-Pour into a container and let cool. It cools quicker if you stick it in the fridge.

Bust out the Fluff and Toast and check in to Fluffernutter Heaven.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
i could be your beta tester make one of those tubs and send it to me and ill tested for you and i even make a photo log of how i use it :D

Nice recipe, Got any aprox macros on this?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i could be your beta tester make one of those tubs and send it to me and ill tested for you and i even make a photo log of how i use it :D

Nice recipe, Got any aprox macros on this?
I don't really have a macro breakdown because it hasn't been an 'exact' science for me. (i.e. a big chunk or two)

What's good with it though, is that it's all healthy fats, it's quite scrumptious. I'll try to pay attention the next time I put a batch together, and I'll post the macro breakdowns I calculate.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Damn that sounds good. Might have to give it a try.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its easier for me to go to the store and get some natural pb. To each his own though. I'm lazy though and don't like extra work.

soultrain

soultrain

Awards
What's good with it though, is that it's all healthy fats...
I don't know how much "a big chunk" is, but Coconut oil consists of about 90% saturated fat, not so good if you're watching your cholesterol.

"During the 1980s, the American Heart Association issued statements indicating that coconut oil's high saturated fat content was detrimental to cardiovascular health and promoted heart disease.[11] The American Heart Association maintains such recommendations to this day, advising that individuals reduce their consumption of saturated fats, including those found in coconut oil, to less than 7% of one's caloric intake. This concurs with similar conclusions made by the World Health Organization and the FDA, both of which determined that reduced consumption of saturated fat, including that from coconut oil, would positively affect health and reduce the prevalence of heart attacks."

Sounds delicious though! :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
could add cinnamon or other spices too, maybe mulled cider spices.

I wonder about carb count, not so concerned with fat level.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know how much "a big chunk" is, but Coconut oil consists of about 90% saturated fat, not so good if you're watching your cholesterol.

"During the 1980s, the American Heart Association issued statements indicating that coconut oil's high saturated fat content was detrimental to cardiovascular health and promoted heart disease.[11] The American Heart Association maintains such recommendations to this day, advising that individuals reduce their consumption of saturated fats, including those found in coconut oil, to less than 7% of one's caloric intake. This concurs with similar conclusions made by the World Health Organization and the FDA, both of which determined that reduced consumption of saturated fat, including that from coconut oil, would positively affect health and reduce the prevalence of heart attacks."

Sounds delicious though! :D
There was a lot of misleading research done in the 80's about coconut oil. A lot of them also neglect to mention that they were using Hydrogenated CO.

As of recent, a lot of this research has been re-evaluated and redone, and coconut oil has been perceived to be a lot healthier than it once was. MCT's are not quite the same thing as Saturated Fats.

This site has a lot of good links on it:
Coconutoil.com - Research on Coconut Oil

I'd say a big chunk is about 2/3 the size of a golfball.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
There was a lot of misleading research done in the 80's about coconut oil. A lot of them also neglect to mention that they were using Hydrogenated CO.

As of recent, a lot of this research has been re-evaluated and redone, and coconut oil has been perceived to be a lot healthier than it once was. MCT's are not quite the same thing as Saturated Fats.

This site has a lot of good links on it:
Coconutoil.com - Research on Coconut Oil
Yeah, sounds good, but I'm still up in the air about this subject. I'm gonna throw some coconut oil chunks into a 37 C water bath and see if it "unchunks" . If it does, I may not be so worried about it running through my blood stream :lol: (Well, I'm not actually that worried in the first place...)

NateWA

NateWA

Awards
  • Established
could you use olive oil for the base oil? or would that make it taste weird?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I mentioned using either olive or coconut oil. I usually use a combination of both.

CO, due to it's saturated fats content, will aid in it's solidity at room temperature, though. So if you're using too little CO, it won't be "stir-free".

The stir-free blends at the grocery store typically contain palm oil to increase satty fatty content.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PhantomReaper Nutrition / Health 56
Supplements 7
Cheeky Monkey Supplements 2
hercules_22 Supplements 6
Anabolics 48