Homemade "Stir-Free" Natural Peanut Butter

  1. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    26.94%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Homemade "Stir-Free" Natural Peanut Butter


    Shtuff you'll need:
    1-Coconut Oil
    2-A pound or so of raw peanuts
    3-Peanut Oil, Olive Oil, or other liquid oil of your choice
    4-A Skillet or Frying Pan
    5-A Blender
    6-A container to put the PB in (An empty 24oz. cottage cheese tub works great)
    7-Sea Salt (optional)
    8-Splenda, sugar, or other preferred sweetener (optional)

    What you do:
    1-Put the peanuts in the skillet, throw a big chunk (or two) of coconut oil on it. After the coconut oil melts, add your choice Liquid oil until the peanuts are just submerged.
    2-Cook on low heat for about 20 minutes to allow the nuts to roast. (mmmm, roasty nuts)
    3-Pour the peanuts and oil from the frying pan into the blender.
    4-Blend it up until it looks nicely blended, add the salt or sweetener to taste. If needed, add some more liquid oil to blend it better. (I find it works best if you use the 'pulse' button and blend it in spurts)
    5-Pour into a container and let cool. It cools quicker if you stick it in the fridge.


    Bust out the Fluff and Toast and check in to Fluffernutter Heaven.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  2. Registered User
    Zombie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,584
    Rep Power
    2919
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    41.66%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting Authority

    i could be your beta tester make one of those tubs and send it to me and ill tested for you and i even make a photo log of how i use it



    Nice recipe, Got any aprox macros on this?
  3. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    26.94%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    i could be your beta tester make one of those tubs and send it to me and ill tested for you and i even make a photo log of how i use it



    Nice recipe, Got any aprox macros on this?
    I don't really have a macro breakdown because it hasn't been an 'exact' science for me. (i.e. a big chunk or two)

    What's good with it though, is that it's all healthy fats, it's quite scrumptious. I'll try to pay attention the next time I put a batch together, and I'll post the macro breakdowns I calculate.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1987
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    33.21%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting Pro

    Damn that sounds good. Might have to give it a try.
  5. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,113
    Rep Power
    5049203
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    70.44%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityReputation VeteranReputation RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Its easier for me to go to the store and get some natural pb. To each his own though. I'm lazy though and don't like extra work.
  6. New Member
    soultrain's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    150
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    49.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    What's good with it though, is that it's all healthy fats...
    I don't know how much "a big chunk" is, but Coconut oil consists of about 90% saturated fat, not so good if you're watching your cholesterol.

    "During the 1980s, the American Heart Association issued statements indicating that coconut oil's high saturated fat content was detrimental to cardiovascular health and promoted heart disease.[11] The American Heart Association maintains such recommendations to this day, advising that individuals reduce their consumption of saturated fats, including those found in coconut oil, to less than 7% of one's caloric intake. This concurs with similar conclusions made by the World Health Organization and the FDA, both of which determined that reduced consumption of saturated fat, including that from coconut oil, would positively affect health and reduce the prevalence of heart attacks."

    Sounds delicious though!
  7. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,842
    Rep Power
    768803
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting RoyaltyPosting God

    could add cinnamon or other spices too, maybe mulled cider spices.

    I wonder about carb count, not so concerned with fat level.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    26.94%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by soultrain View Post
    I don't know how much "a big chunk" is, but Coconut oil consists of about 90% saturated fat, not so good if you're watching your cholesterol.

    "During the 1980s, the American Heart Association issued statements indicating that coconut oil's high saturated fat content was detrimental to cardiovascular health and promoted heart disease.[11] The American Heart Association maintains such recommendations to this day, advising that individuals reduce their consumption of saturated fats, including those found in coconut oil, to less than 7% of one's caloric intake. This concurs with similar conclusions made by the World Health Organization and the FDA, both of which determined that reduced consumption of saturated fat, including that from coconut oil, would positively affect health and reduce the prevalence of heart attacks."

    Sounds delicious though!
    There was a lot of misleading research done in the 80's about coconut oil. A lot of them also neglect to mention that they were using Hydrogenated CO.

    As of recent, a lot of this research has been re-evaluated and redone, and coconut oil has been perceived to be a lot healthier than it once was. MCT's are not quite the same thing as Saturated Fats.

    This site has a lot of good links on it:
    Coconutoil.com - Research on Coconut Oil

    I'd say a big chunk is about 2/3 the size of a golfball.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  9. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.64%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    There was a lot of misleading research done in the 80's about coconut oil. A lot of them also neglect to mention that they were using Hydrogenated CO.

    As of recent, a lot of this research has been re-evaluated and redone, and coconut oil has been perceived to be a lot healthier than it once was. MCT's are not quite the same thing as Saturated Fats.

    This site has a lot of good links on it:
    Coconutoil.com - Research on Coconut Oil
    Yeah, sounds good, but I'm still up in the air about this subject. I'm gonna throw some coconut oil chunks into a 37 C water bath and see if it "unchunks" . If it does, I may not be so worried about it running through my blood stream (Well, I'm not actually that worried in the first place...)
  10. Advanced Member
    NateWA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    792
    Rep Power
    483
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    93.43%

    could you use olive oil for the base oil? or would that make it taste weird?
  11. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    26.94%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I mentioned using either olive or coconut oil. I usually use a combination of both.

    CO, due to it's saturated fats content, will aid in it's solidity at room temperature, though. So if you're using too little CO, it won't be "stir-free".

    The stir-free blends at the grocery store typically contain palm oil to increase satty fatty content.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Natural Peanut Butter
    By RedneckDB in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 08:00 AM
  2. no natural peanut butter....help
    By cessna in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 03:08 PM
  3. Why Natural Peanut butter?
    By sameerkhan51 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 01:40 PM
  4. DHEA + 1 tbsp of all natural peanut butter
    By T800 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 04:24 PM
  5. All Natural Peanut Butter Diet?
    By BigVrunga in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 04:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in