ice cream recipes???(just bought a cuisinart)

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
ok i was just curious if anyone had any healthy,high protein recipes for a ice cream maker..i mean obviously i know to use lowfat/skim milk and splenda,but i was curious if anyone had some good out of the box concoctions

J

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
YES!! i just got a small one two months ago, been looking around and havent found any good ones.

AI/HCF food products got me thinking i can have everything now, i just have to find a good recipe! lol

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm working on a recipe by trial and error myself. I'll post it when I get one thats actually good and healthy. trying to substitute protein powder for sugar and working on the fat content too.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
yeah - put some muscle milk light in that cruisinart and let'er rip. i've made this in another ice cream maker. don't expect it to be the creamiest but its not bad at all.

EmAzing

EmAzing

Awards
I use this awesome low carb soft serve mix (carb-a-whey) and add pp and milk to it then blend with ice. . I add flavors from the company as well- its AWESOME! Better than ice cream!

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
I use this awesome low carb soft serve mix (carb-a-whey) and add pp and milk to it then blend with ice. . I add flavors from the company as well- its AWESOME! Better than ice cream!
where did you find this?

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
god u just may have saved my life,i am keto for another week and have been craving ice cream like a mad man..cant wait to try this..gotta find it first tho..lol..what is PP?(insert favorite joke here..lol)

EmAzing

EmAzing

Awards
My friend Doug owns the company called Soft Serve Depot. He's got a great website- and the BEST products!! and flavors are awesome-
(My favorite is the low carb neutral mix and the all natural vanilla mix.) If you have trouble finding it, let me know.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
yea just found it..def going to be ordering..decent prices too

EmAzing

EmAzing

Awards
No kidding, I order cases and cases- :)
Shipping is fast too, He'll treat you right!

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
thank you for the heads up..gonna order tonight after i finish work

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
i must be missing something here - this seems low carb and low fat. i don't see any protein benefit here thought, just empty calories. it does seem like it rates high on the "yum" factor though.

EmAzing

EmAzing

Awards
i must be missing something here - this seems low carb and low fat. i don't see any protein benefit here thought, just empty calories. it does seem like it rates high on the "yum" factor though.
I add a little bit of my protein powder ( just an unflavored whey) according to how much I want to bump up the protein..

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I add a little bit of my protein powder ( just an unflavored whey) according to how much I want to bump up the protein..
Do you have to have an ice cream maker to make it or is it done in a blender?

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
cant wait to try this..i am such a ice cream whore..lol..now if i could only find a nutritious pizza i would be set

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
Do you have to have an ice cream maker to make it or is it done in a blender?
u need a ice cream maker from what i read i got a cusinart off ebay for 40 bucks..u can get a lot more elaborate but mine does the job just fine

EmAzing

EmAzing

Awards
After going through many blenders because I too am slave to my love for ice cream- I got the VITAMIX 5000. It was 450 bucks, but so so worth it!
The carb-a-whey eworks just great in any blender though.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
wow they need to get ups shipping..the shipping was the same price as the ice cream kit i got..

EmAzing

EmAzing

Awards
For me it's all worth it- some of the flavors are addicting.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established

pp?

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
ok well i ordered this stuff last tuesday just got a email notification it shipped sat..def not happy.

EmAzing

EmAzing

Awards
pp= protein powder.. mine is just a plain ole whey, no flavor.

EmAzing

EmAzing

Awards
ok well i ordered this stuff last tuesday just got a email notification it shipped sat..def not happy.
I'd send you some of mine in the meantime but you'll prolly get the carb a whey first.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
i'm glad you didn't mean pheraplex! oye -

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Coconut Icecream is tops...Had the stuff on vacation near Cancun at the nice Ale carte' place...been hooked ever since..I'm sure theres recipes for it,using the coconut milk and all...get creative...A little ice cream won't hurt anyone...now 2 rows of oreos at midnight is a different story...;)