What to add to Eggs???

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
So I eat 1cup of Rolled Oats and 8 Eggwhite/2 Yolks every morning. I prepare both in the Microwave, because I have a pretty hectic and early morning.

I usually put some Salt Free Ketchup onto the eggs, but I don't really want to do this anymore. Any ideas of what can be added easily to add some flavor?

The only think i have some up with so far is salsa...

WillB123

WillB123

Awards
Tabasco, this one mexican hot sauce called Tamazula ain't bad either. I ran out of Tostito's salsa so now I'm usin La Victoria's taco sauce, not bad at all.

EDIT: If you're not too worried about it, sour cream and eggs is sexy.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cook some peppers, mushrooms, and/or onions into it

If you're looking for some extra protein, some diced ham makes for a stellar omlette.

Tabasco sauce makes ANYTHING taste good.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
more along the lines of tobasco and salsa...

you know, something that can be added quickly and doesn't have to be cooked...

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
i think skim cheese makes eggs taste a bit better... melt it in with the eggs while they cook

also, i occasionally use sugar free maple syrup on my eggs and its almost like im eating french toast (without the bread lol)

or maybe try subbing out the oats for some whole wheat toast and slap the eggs between the toast for a sandwich... any little difference is a welcome change of taste

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can always man up and shotgun it all in a glass, Rocky Balboa style.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I won't eat any kind of processed bread, whole wheat or otherwise...

Thanks for the tips though guys...gives me some ideas...i'll let yall know what i pick up at the market.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
PI, pick up some Kraft fat-free shredded cheese. It's not processed, low sodium, no fat, and an extra 9 grams of protein per 1/4 cup serving. Throw some salsa, with a touch of Frank's (also low-sodium) in with the cheese and it's really good.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
mullet...that **** it too complicated...i'm all about the easy meals...

haha

I'll check out that kraft cheese though...

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I love dill on my eggs, i eat popcorn seasoning like catnip for humans.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
mullet...that **** it too complicated...i'm all about the easy meals...

haha

I'll check out that kraft cheese though...
Dude, you're from NJ so the toxic waste probably denatured your brain, so I'll break it down. :duel:

a) break eggs into cup
b) place hand in eazy-zip bag, take pinch of pre-shredded cheese into cup
c) place hot sauce into cup
d) microwave

:think:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I see, I didn't know what you meant by franks...

this sounds like a great plan...i'll try it in the am.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You'll like it. It's honestly the only reason I can handle eggs still. I've ate the same breakfast for three years straight, and have had to get pretty creative with variations.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You can always try what the Coneheads suggested on the parody of Family Feud.......

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ahh.. you gotta love eggs and their simplicity.. though they do taste odd after you eat them for so long.. I use 9 whites/1 yolk due to high cholesterol issues, but nonetheless, I have some creative ideas for you to try, although they sound odd at first lol:

Already mentioned but, green taco sauce from La Victoria is superb!

Strawberry jelly... believe it or not is awesome with eggs. (sugar free of course)

Cheese was also mentioned, but try using mozerella. (mmm)

And my favorite for eggs, PEPPER! lol, I just like black pepper, a lot. Seems to make things taste much better. and No I do not smoke.. lol

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Mullet...Franks Red Hot...

PERFECT replacement for Ketchup...

I hate the sodium content but it beats the High Frustose Corn Syrup any day of the week....

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
good choice with the red hot, it works great for making anything taste better...

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I buy it in gallon jugs from Sam's Club

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Just add a few "HOT" jalepenos for some extra spice! Always works for me. If thats too hot, just add the juice from the jar.:twisted:

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
I cook my eggs in the microwave about 10 minutes before work at work. I use ham, turkey, salt, and pepper. Rost beef is ok. One time i even mixed in some imitation crabmeat! Salsa is definitely always a good quickie!

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Steak....add Steak.....Steak is the answer

Steak & Eggs
nothing better

Steak,Eggs,Biscuits,Gravy,Fried potatoes,and a plate full of bacon....Thats a breakfast

jlowsho

Awards
salt free lemon pepper, and garlic are good and easy. Anything chipoltle. Ms. Dash makes a really good seasoning round up based on chipoltle. I don't like the reagular Ms. Dash.

If your going with cheese, try putting some Cayanne and Chili powders on. It it's it a real southwestern spice.

For Tobasco bottles aren't big enough. I like a lot of it, and I can go through a big bottle easily with in a week and it's too damn expensive to buy two bottles a week.

just my 2 cents.

j

Stoni9

Stoni9

Awards
mmm sugar free relish. also marinara sauce!!! i nuke my eggs in the microwave, then throw on some cold marinara sauce so i can eat it right away...!!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mushrooms . Black pepper, Tabacco sauce is ok some times.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I try to eat them plain. With the way my stomach bothers me I have to eat a lot of bland stuff. If your cook them right they will taste pretty good. Hard Boiled, just don't over-cook them. The yolk should be bright yellow, no grey on the outside, that means it is over-cooked, and makes them stink to high heaven.

DaBulls

DaBulls

Awards
so... this may be dumb, but how long do you nuke the eggs for?? i've never cooked eggs in the microwave... are they still decent tasting?? would be a great time-saver.

also, there's a brand of hot sauce called chalula (sold @ walmart and i think most grocery stores)... it's amazing

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
so... this may be dumb, but how long do you nuke the eggs for?? i've never cooked eggs in the microwave... are they still decent tasting?? would be a great time-saver.

also, there's a brand of hot sauce called chalula (sold @ walmart and i think most grocery stores)... it's amazing

I'll try that hot sauce out...thanks.

I eat 9 whites and 1 yolk and i basically nuke them on high for 2 minutes, then stir, then another 2 minutes, then stir, then another 2 minutes and you're ready to go.

While they're cooking I'm eating my oats so it ends up being the biggest time saver in the am.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
eggs in the micro.....always thought of it thanks for the tip.

cheese n pepper always works for me.

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
This recipe takes a little time to make, but it is well worth it and it makes enough to last 6 to 8 days - just be sure to keep it refigerated.

Spinach & Egg Bake

Ingredients:

6 whole eggs and 6 egg whites
2 bags spinach or 4 bundles (or substituted 2 cups broccoli florettes, or combine broccoli & cauliflower and carrots)
3 tomatoes, chopped (or use canned, diced tomatoes)
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lg onion, chopped
½ cup goat feta cheese, crumbled (or shredded cheddar depending on veggies)
1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil (I use Macadamia nut oil)
2 cups club soda
sea salt & coarse black pepper to taste
1 tsp hot chilies or ½ tsp nutmeg (optional)
2 cups shrimp, prawns, white fish, salmon, scallops, chicken or turkey

Grease 8X14 (lasagne) baking dish. In a skillet, add oil and lightly sauté onion, mushrooms, peppers and garlic. Wash spinach (if by the bunch), add to steamer, bring to boil and turn heat off, not lifting the lid. Let sit approximately 10 minutes. (If using broccoli, etc, don’t steam, add raw). In large bowl, break eggs and adding whites, whip with fork. Add club soda, salt and pepper chillies, or nutmeg. Stir and add to greased baking dish. Add spinach (or broc, cauli, carrots), tomatoes, cheese and protein. Top w/ parmesan cheese and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

jlowsho

Awards
This recipe takes a little time to make, but it is well worth it and it makes enough to last 6 to 8 days - just be sure to keep it refigerated.

Spinach & Egg Bake

Ingredients:

6 whole eggs and 6 egg whites
2 bags spinach or 4 bundles (or substituted 2 cups broccoli florettes, or combine broccoli & cauliflower and carrots)
3 tomatoes, chopped (or use canned, diced tomatoes)
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lg onion, chopped
½ cup goat feta cheese, crumbled (or shredded cheddar depending on veggies)
1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil (I use Macadamia nut oil)
2 cups club soda
sea salt & coarse black pepper to taste
1 tsp hot chilies or ½ tsp nutmeg (optional)
2 cups shrimp, prawns, white fish, salmon, scallops, chicken or turkey

Grease 8X14 (lasagne) baking dish. In a skillet, add oil and lightly sauté onion, mushrooms, peppers and garlic. Wash spinach (if by the bunch), add to steamer, bring to boil and turn heat off, not lifting the lid. Let sit approximately 10 minutes. (If using broccoli, etc, don’t steam, add raw). In large bowl, break eggs and adding whites, whip with fork. Add club soda, salt and pepper chillies, or nutmeg. Stir and add to greased baking dish. Add spinach (or broc, cauli, carrots), tomatoes, cheese and protein. Top w/ parmesan cheese and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
When ever you post I can never get past your avatar.... I.. am... in love.

CustomNW

Awards
  • Established
PI, pick up some Kraft fat-free shredded cheese. It's not processed, low sodium, no fat, and an extra 9 grams of protein per 1/4 cup serving. Throw some salsa, with a touch of Frank's (also low-sodium) in with the cheese and it's really good.
I do this, cheddar cheese with some franks red hot, cant go wrong.

CustomNW

Awards
  • Established
Hey how do the eggs taste from the micro? Do you just nuke it in a regular bowl? Im sick of cleaning the pan, you know what I mean.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I use a microwave safe tupperware...

They taste fine, not quite as good, but good enough. It's more of a time saver then anything.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use a microwave safe tupperware...

They taste fine, not quite as good, but good enough. It's more of a time saver then anything.
What setting do you have the microwave at? I've been making the in the mic to save the time it takes to fry the damn things up. Only problem is that I think they sometimes get overcooked along the edges, and it gives me some pretty rank egg-farts.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
What setting do you have the microwave at? I've been making the in the mic to save the time it takes to fry the damn things up. Only problem is that I think they sometimes get overcooked along the edges, and it gives me some pretty rank egg-farts.
on high, but the wattage on my micro is pathetic...

SacDIESEL

SacDIESEL

Awards
Whats do u guys think about egg beaters? I Use southwestern style cuz i dont need to use ketchup with them..Whats the negatives to using these opposed to REAL eggs?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
6egg whites in a glass, 2 packets of splenda, splash of vanilla extract....bottoms up...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Whats do u guys think about egg beaters? I Use southwestern style cuz i dont need to use ketchup with them..Whats the negatives to using these opposed to REAL eggs?
There are a few advantages really. 1. they are pastureized so you can drink them straight from the carton. 2. the are more convenient.

But the big con for me is price. I can get 18 eggs for 1.79 which is 2 days worth. Egg beaters always seem too expensive.

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
There are a few advantages really. 1. they are pastureized so you can drink them straight from the carton. 2. the are more convenient.

But the big con for me is price. I can get 18 eggs for 1.79 which is 2 days worth. Egg beaters always seem too expensive.

In Canada Costco sells 3 500ml containers (the equivalent of 16 egg whites) for $4.59, which is a damn good deal.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
True, but I eat 9 whites and 1 yolk, so the like 89.5 cents per meal works out great.

Its costco too.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Plus they are extra large eggs.

I forgot to mention this.

CustomNW

Awards
  • Established
Yup, I get a carton of egg white liquid (equal to 16 egg whites) for about 4.50usd. Its cheaper to go with the real eggs and seperate but it takes time and that I'm short on!

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I'm cutting eggs out of my diet in august anyways. I definitely am not going to have time to make them even in the microwave anymore.

SXULB52

Awards
I add some skim milk too the eggs and then cook 90 seconds, mix in pasta sauce and parmesian cheese, and drained tuna. Then cook 90 more seconds in microwave, works great while away at school.

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
I add some skim milk too the eggs and then cook 90 seconds, mix in pasta sauce and parmesian cheese, and drained tuna. Then cook 90 more seconds in microwave, works great while away at school.
ive never heard of anything like that, it sounds amazing... ill def hafta give it a try

SXULB52

Awards
Oh it is amazing, I posted it a while back, its called the super omellete, very good for bulking, usually used half whites and whole eggs, but could be used to cut with whites only.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I used to just stir the oats & eggs together and then fry 'em. I guess you could try it in the microwave. Just gotta get some good syrup to pour on after it's done.