Fiber Powder

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73%

Fiber Powder

You can add the new fiber powder to all the recipes I have posted here today. It has no taste and it is a good way to get more fiber in your diet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Are you talking about inulin and fibersure?
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73%

The Fibersure is the one Im using.
    •   

4. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Yep, that's good stuff alright. Mixes straight in water and can't taste a thing.

5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.1%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Does it give you the "bulk" in the same fashion as a Citricil and Metamucil? I take these every night as unfortunatley I need them to help me crap. They work great.
  6. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.07%

Not really the metamucil has psyllium husk, which is pretty effienct in drawing in water and absorbance which leads to more bulk. The fibersure has inulin which acts more or less like soluble fiber minus the bulk.

7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Not really the metamucil has psyllium husk, which is pretty effienct in drawing in water and absorbance which leads to more bulk. The fibersure has inulin which acts more or less like soluble fiber minus the bulk.
    Yes but its my understanding that the soulable fiber will still work in your system like a carb because it is still digestible and works like a carb in your system. Insouluable is much better and is not digested so it doesn't add calories...
  8. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.07%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Yes but its my understanding that the soulable fiber will still work in your system like a carb because it is still digestible and works like a carb in your system. Insouluable is much better and is not digested so it doesn't add calories...
    All forms of fiber add a certain amount of calories ranging from about 2.7-3 kcal per gram. The soulable fiber draws in water and moister leading to more soft and smooth stool defecations, little if any is actually digested. However, the insoluable fiber is strictly a bulking agent which adds bulk to the stool to help trigger contraction during defecation. Some of the insoluable fiber releases energy as well, just less of it is broken down by gut flora. You'll get gas from both if you over do it, evidence that both do indeed get somwhat processed. A large intake of insoluable fiber without soluable fiber can make for some painfull concrete like dumps if your not careful... you need that moisture.

9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

All forms of fiber add a certain amount of calories ranging from about 2.7-3 kcal per gram. The soulable fiber draws in water and moister leading to more soft and smooth stool defecations, little if any is actually digested. However, the insoluable fiber is strictly a bulking agent which adds bulk to the stool to help trigger contraction during defecation. Some of the insoluable fiber releases energy as well, just less of it is broken down by gut flora. You'll get gas from both if you over do it, evidence that both do indeed get somwhat processed. A large intake of insoluable fiber without soluable fiber can make for some painfull concrete like dumps if your not careful... you need that moisture.

Thats what water is for. I realize you do need a combination of both, what I'm trying to say is on a low-carb diet, carbs add up fast and you should concentrate more on the insouluable because you don't have to count them as carbs. I have also read that it depends on the source of insouable fiber also...but I don't really get into that detailed information like most of you science nerds on here do. I'm a simple caveman and I only see insouable/souluable. Me no see varying degrees!. Hahaha, they used to call me Captain Caveman in High School. Boy, that was a long long long time ago.

10. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.07%

Thats what water is for. I realize you do need a combination of both, what I'm trying to say is on a low-carb diet, carbs add up fast and you should concentrate more on the insouluable because you don't have to count them as carbs. I have also read that it depends on the source of insouable fiber also...but I don't really get into that detailed information like most of you science nerds on here do. I'm a simple caveman and I only see insouable/souluable. Me no see varying degrees!. Hahaha, they used to call me Captain Caveman in High School. Boy, that was a long long long time ago.
    I know what your saying T, but all the water in the world want make insoluable more soluable, that's the major difference between the two. Soluable takes up water, leading to soft bulk, insoluable does not.... it just leads to hard bulk. A high amount of either one isn't the best for you, you need some for bulk with no loose stools, and some for comfort and bulk. I've never heard of fiber being utilized as a carb in as far as glucose production and glycogen storage goes. Both forms are long chain polysaccarides formed mostly from plant walls which are neither digested or absorbed. If you have a link to where it states that it has carb utilizing properties, please post it. I would love to read up on it.

11. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.61%

I know what your saying T, but all the water in the world want make insoluable more soluable, that's the major difference between the two. Soluable takes up water, leading to soft bulk, insoluable does not.... it just leads to hard bulk. A high amount of either one isn't the best for you, you need some for bulk with no loose stools, and some for comfort and bulk. I've never heard of fiber being utilized as a carb in as far as glucose production and glycogen storage goes. Both forms are long chain polysaccarides formed mostly from plant walls which are neither digested or absorbed. If you have a link to where it states that it has carb utilizing properties, please post it. I would love to read up on it.

Well its a book that I have, an ebook actually. I may have mis-read it somewhat though and just mis-understand. I guess I could copy and paste the info, but wouldn't be legal....
  12. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.61%

Ok I just went over it again. Souluable fiber is fermented by bacteria in the stomach, it creates short chain fatty acids that are used as fuels for the liver and muscles(not a quote just my understanding)...So I guess this is a far stretch saying its used as carbs. A lot of mis-understood information on my part!. Sorry I'm not as technical when it comes to this stuff as others. Its just one paragraph, and I am probably over-analyzing it...
  13. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.07%

Ok I just went over it again. Souluable fiber is fermented by bacteria in the stomach, it creates short chain fatty acids that are used as fuels for the liver and muscles(not a quote just my understanding)...So I guess this is a far stretch saying its used as carbs. A lot of mis-understood information on my part!. Sorry I'm not as technical when it comes to this stuff as others. Its just one paragraph, and I am probably over-analyzing it...
    Yeah, that was my understanding of the fiber process. Produces Butryic acid to for those oh so good cushion bombs.

Thanks for clearing that up T.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Acacia Fiber Pure Powder (12 oz)
    By Rick Grimes in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2013, 07:41 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 03:35 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 07:02 AM
  4. Fiber Powder? Help!