The Cottage Cheese Thread!!!

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This thread is to find out people's opinions and favorite ways to eat cottage cheese!

My personal favorite is Boysenberry Yogurt and Cottage Cheese, (equal parts of both)

Beebs

Awards
I like to add vanilla granola to it. I have cut out cc though because I like to eat meat and don't have enough calories at the end of the day.

Dagron

Dagron

Awards
This may sound crazy, but I use cottage cheese on spicy chicken instead of sour cream, I actually prefer the taste this creates much better than sour cream, and of course the caloric profile is a lot more favorable :cheers:

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
With pineapple is my fav. I woke up hungary just last night and downed a whole can of pineapple with a half container of cc. Yum!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only thing I hate about cottege cheese is that is has carbs. Im on a low cal diet and is there cottege cheese with any carbs?

Im going to have to try Regg cheese or whatever the (*&)(* its called.

hensleyac

Awards
Dip Quaker rice chips in the Cottage Cheese

If you're up for a salty snack, Quaker makes these bags of rice chips (like the old rice cakes accept better tasting). THey are smaller to. About the size of a silver dollar.

The nice thing is, they scoop the cc out real well and add a nice taste to it.

enjoy!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Add 8 ounces nonfat strawberry yogurt to 8 ounces of lofat/nonfat cottage cheese for a nearly Strawberry Cheesecake taste.

hensleyac

Awards
Add 8 ounces nonfat strawberry yogurt to 8 ounces of lofat/nonfat cottage cheese for a nearly Strawberry Cheesecake taste.
Can't wait to try this... I won't do it to often because I try to stay away from the sugar in yogourt, but for an occasional treat, sounds great!

mumi3les

mumi3les

Awards
I love my cottage cheese with strawberries. Yummy. I've been eating it since i was a kid.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
My favourite cottage cheese recipe by far.

1cup low fat cc - the creamy stuff
splenda, cinnamon
chop 1/2 an apple
crushed walnuts
whiz/bplend - enough to mix everything, but still keep a few chunks of walnuts and apple, might need a little liquid - milk or water will do.

Pour into container and stick in the freezer for a few hours or overnight, and take it out at dinner so 1-2 hours before your bed meal to let it soften up a bit.

ruffian3

Awards
Mix 1 container ff cottage cheese + 1 packet of hidden valley ranch mix in the blender. Dip whatever you want (chips, carrots, celery, crackers). Taste just like a ranch dip.

5plates

5plates

Board Sponsor
Awards
Cottage cheese is great on Pears, and they are low on the glycemic index.

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
guys we have to move this thread.. there is already a number of posts regarding brittany spears' legs and ass

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Squeaks, play nice....:D

But this thread reminded me that I need to pick up a big tub of FFCC...it's gotta be one of the bet quick snacks for when you need something extra (or when you wake up in the middle of the night).

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
guys we have to move this thread.. there is already a number of posts regarding brittany spears' legs and ass
omfg lol..... :clap2:
I just tried mixing CC with some peach yogurt...very nice! I just wish i had some more fruit I could add to it. I ought to get a hold of some canned peaches/pinapple and add that in :)

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Mix 1 container ff cottage cheese + 1 packet of hidden valley ranch mix in the blender. Dip whatever you want (chips, carrots, celery, crackers). Taste just like a ranch dip.
Ugh...that don't sound good

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
When I eat spaghetti I fix my plate then dump about half a tub of CC on top,between the ground beef/CC...you get a full protien meal eating spaghetti and the CC makes it taste like Lasagna....Good stuff....As crunch mentioned,its good with pineapple too...

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I love cottage cheese mixed with fat free/sugar free chocolate pudding. It is the best snack ever....pure heaven. I usually take it to work in my lunch to add some joy to my day!

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Makes me glad I love cottage cheese,just plain...

liftitbig85

liftitbig85

Awards
  • Established
When I eat spaghetti I fix my plate then dump about half a tub of CC on top,between the ground beef/CC...you get a full protien meal eating spaghetti and the CC makes it taste like Lasagna....Good stuff....As crunch mentioned,its good with pineapple too...
haha...i wont eat my spahgetti any other way..gotta have cc on it!

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
Li'l Animal's idea, and it's delicious.

Cottage Cheese
Natural Peanut Butter
Scoop(s) of Whey

That's where I end it, but he goes on to add Sugar-Free chocolate syrup.

KelJu

KelJu

Awards
Open a tub and dig in. I don't mix my cottage cheese wit anything. But then again, I find my eyes watering and I gag every so many spoon fulls.

GymRat5972

GymRat5972

Awards
I use 8 oz FFCC , 1 packet splenda, mix together and sprinkle cinnamon on top. I eat this about every day. It is awsome

I have to try it with ff stawberry yogurt. sounds tasty

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I think it was Xodus that recommended FFCC with peanut butter on whole wheat. I was skeptical but i'll admit it, it was quite tasty.

But I mostly just eat it plain - loved that way since I was a kid!

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
But I mostly just eat it plain - loved that way since I was a kid!
Same here! My dad puts salt ad pepper on it. Ick!!
I mix mine with applesauce sometimes.
Also mixes well with baked beans too.

widding

Awards
Cut up some apple sliceses, take your cc on a plate mix it with cinnamon.
After youve mixed some cinnamon and CC you take and mix the apple slices and then some more cinnamon! voilalal, never gets old

jbono731

jbono731

Awards
  • Established
I eat my cottage cheese as a prebedtime meal. I dont add anything, I buy the non-fat one that already has pineapple chunks in it :thumbsup: