Healthy Grocery List Generator!

daveb1040

Awards
I just created a website that is full of healthy, nutritous recipes. healthygrocerylist.com Healthy Grocery List - You pick the meals, We'll make your grocery list![/url]. What makes this site unique is, you select what recipes you want to make each week, and it will generate your grocery list for you! Oh, and it is, and always will be, FREE! Enjoy! Oh, and your feedback on the site is greatly appreciated...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats kind of clever.....you need to add more recipes tho.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting idea... but can you add in "Total Fat" column to the page? Makes it easy to type it into fitday... or better yet... get a "Add to Fitday" API.

Adams

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting idea... but can you add in "Total Fat" column to the page? Makes it easy to type it into fitday... or better yet... get a "Add to Fitday" API.

Adams
good idea. I wonder if he will respond or just advertising....?

daveb1040

Awards
Thank you for the feedback!

Most likely just advertising, but if it was included, it would definately inspire me to use it.

Adams
Well, I am trying to get the word out, but before I tell "The world", I would like some feedback about the site. Total Fat on the page, you got it! I thougth about that, but then I figured there's a link there to get the complete nutritional breakdown, but a lot of people miss it, and, like you've implied, it's very important!

Do you think I should just add up the 3 fat categories, or display all 3 on the Recipe Page?

My goal is to be a complete source for everyone with different dietery needs, be it body building, diabetics, blood type people, and low carb, or whatever else people are interested in out there. So, yes, I have put my site on a couple of websites, but I do try to respond to everyone. My hope is that one day, people who enjoy the site, and really become dedicated to it will start to enter their own. (That hasn't happened yet!)
But, anyway, thanks for checking it out. Let me know about the 3 different fats, or just the sum. One way or another, it'll be up there on Saturday. Keep the feedback coming!
David

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
The word is out, nice site added it to my favs can anyone add recipes.

daveb1040

Awards
Absolutely...

The word is out, nice site added it to my favs can anyone add recipes.
Thanks for the feedback. Anyone can add a recipe to the site, as long as they register. I made registration pretty easy. Just login, password, and zip code. (I wanted a little demographic information) I thought it was important for people to know that I wasn't paruzzing for emails or cash. The reason I wanted people to be registerd was I was thinking, some people may come up with better recipes than others, and if you find a "chef" that you like, you could some day get a list of recipes that they entered. (still working on that part)

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I am trying to get the word out, but before I tell "The world", I would like some feedback about the site. Total Fat on the page, you got it! I thougth about that, but then I figured there's a link there to get the complete nutritional breakdown, but a lot of people miss it, and, like you've implied, it's very important!

Do you think I should just add up the 3 fat categories, or display all 3 on the Recipe Page?

My goal is to be a complete source for everyone with different dietery needs, be it body building, diabetics, blood type people, and low carb, or whatever else people are interested in out there. So, yes, I have put my site on a couple of websites, but I do try to respond to everyone. My hope is that one day, people who enjoy the site, and really become dedicated to it will start to enter their own. (That hasn't happened yet!)
But, anyway, thanks for checking it out. Let me know about the 3 different fats, or just the sum. One way or another, it'll be up there on Saturday. Keep the feedback coming!
David
I did see that break down... but on the main page, including total fat would be very benefitial... with an indent for the breakdown.

Maybe making the initial recipe page have a labe that looks like the Nutrient Facts from a product, with all the normal addition on it.

Adams

daveb1040

Awards
What is fitday?

I did see that break down... but on the main page, including total fat would be very benefitial... with an indent for the breakdown.

Maybe making the initial recipe page have a labe that looks like the Nutrient Facts from a product, with all the normal addition on it.

Adams
Thanks for the input... I will have that in by tomorrow night...
What is fit day? What do you use it for?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the input... I will have that in by tomorrow night...
What is fit day? What do you use it for?
Fitday.com it is a free tool used by most people around here, and other boards for nutrion tracking. Some websites wrote a quick API, where when you click the link, it adds the food to your custom foods list, with all the nutrients.

here is a example
Sambazon Organic Acai Juice, Original Blend nutrition information - Food Labels - DietFacts.com

If you look below the nutrition facts, it has a button to add to your FITDAY foods list.

Adams

daveb1040

Awards
That will save me some time...

Fitday.com it is a free tool used by most people around here, and other boards for nutrion tracking. Some websites wrote a quick API, where when you click the link, it adds the food to your custom foods list, with all the nutrients.

here is a example
Sambazon Organic Acai Juice, Original Blend nutrition information - Food Labels - DietFacts.com

If you look below the nutrition facts, it has a button to add to your FITDAY foods list.

Adams
I sent them an email regarding interfacing with their application. I wanted to do something like what fit day does in phase 2 of this website, but I'm pooped from phase 1, and they will do a much better job than I can. This is going to be perfect. Thanks for the info. The api seems pretty smiple, so hopefully, I can have it up and going a few days after they get back to me.
Any other info, I'm all ears...
Thanks again...
David

daveb1040

Awards

Adams
I got the extra information on the Recipe Display page... I'm still waiting on word from fitday regarding the api... Anything else, let me know....
Thanks
David

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got the extra information on the Recipe Display page... I'm still waiting on word from fitday regarding the api... Anything else, let me know....
Thanks
David
Good stuff... I will definitely use up your site for some good ideas. Glad you were around to listen to ideas.

Adams