2-8 oz yellow fin tuna steaks

Marinade:

1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 clove crushed garlic (for each steak)
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
small amount of sea salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste

In a shallow 9 X 13 inch glass dish, prepare all of the marinade ingredients. Remember, if you have more than 2 8 oz tuna steaks, you might need to adjust the ingredients to marinate. Marinate both sides (dredge steaks and get marinade on both sides). Let sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes before grilling. *Soy sauce will overpower tuna if you marinate for too long!

Light the grill while tuna is marinating. Once coals are white (30 minutes) spread them and clean the grill, then wipe with oil so steaks don't stick.

Grill for 4 minutes or less per side for 1 inch steaks, depending on how you like them. Steaks should be firm with pink in the middle. If you prefer steaks to be more rare, grilling time should be 2 1/2 minutes on each side.

Recommended Side dishes: Serve with white and long grain wild rice (We used Vigo) and grilled yellow squash cut lengthwise, sprinkled with Sea Salt and pepper squash and drizzled with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Use the same marinade as for the tuna. For grilled squash, brush with marinade frequently during grilling, and grill until just tender.

Beebs

Awards
Ahh soooo goood... I like to sear them on a red hot grill for about a minute each side. If its warm in the middle its cooked too much (unless you can't get fresh tuna).

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I live on an island so i get fresher than fresh! I like it raw. Come to hawaii its great you can have sashimi style (japanesee) or poke style (hawaiian).

Beebs

Awards
Man if I lived there, I would be in heaven eating sushimi tuna. Who's got my wasabi.... mmmm....

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
if im not mistaken ahi has no to very little fat. just protien. Am i right? Might have to try this recipe tho as cooked ahi seems to be near tasteless....

kickufaka

kickufaka

Board Supporter
Awards
yo piston.......... gotta love ahi poke!!! tako(octopus) too!!

Beebs

Awards
if im not mistaken ahi has no to very little fat. just protien. Am i right? Might have to try this recipe tho as cooked ahi seems to be near tasteless....
Good protein although it does have fat, but its all good because the fat is rich in omega's and EFA's. Its probably the best fish to eat as long as you're not worried too much about mercury in your area.

Ahi + rice pilaf = :box: