Tuna burger???

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever try a tuna burger? i heard of the recipe about a year ago but never tried it.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
they are GREAT

Can of tuna, an egg and some relish. Mix it up, makes two burgers
I am GLAD you made this post. I forgot all about these. I have literally 40 cans of tuna and I have NOT been looking forward to eating them.

Now I remember this and I WILL make up some tomorrow.

CROWLER

cdc1917

Awards
So you just mix 1 raw egg, 1 can of tuna and some relish up and put it on a bun, or do you actually cook it, like you would a hamburger?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I cook it like a hamburger.

Then I put some ketchup and mustard on mine.

CROWLER

cdc1917

Awards
Thanks. I'm going to make these tomorrow on my george foreman grill.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I do:

1 Can of Tuna
Chopped Onion
Chopped Celery
1 Egg White
1 Tablespoon or 2 of Oat Flour to Bind everything together.

Season to your liking (I use old bay or mrs. dash)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just tryed it only used an cooked HBE. also used peice of FF cheese. Tasty.Reps for you Crowler

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
You could also buy a nice thick slice of tuna (availability will vary depending upon where you live).

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
GRILLED AHI STEAKS ( YELLOW FIN TUNA)

2-8 oz yellow fin tuna steaks

Marinade:

1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 clove crushed garlic (for each steak)
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
small amount of sea salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste

In a shallow 9 X 13 inch glass dish, prepare all of the marinade ingredients. Remember, if you have more than 2 8 oz tuna steaks, you might need to adjust the ingredients to marinate. Marinate both sides (dredge steaks and get marinade on both sides). Let sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes before grilling. *Soy sauce will overpower tuna if you marinate for too long!

Light the grill while tuna is marinating. Once coals are white (30 minutes) spread them and clean the grill, then wipe with oil so steaks don't stick.

Grill for 4 minutes or less per side for 1 inch steaks, depending on how you like them. Steaks should be firm with pink in the middle. If you prefer steaks to be more rare, grilling time should be 2 1/2 minutes on each side.

Recommended Side dishes: Serve with white and long grain wild rice (We used Vigo) and grilled yellow squash cut lengthwise, sprinkled with Sea Salt and pepper squash and drizzled with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Use the same marinade as for the tuna. For grilled squash, brush with marinade frequently during grilling, and grill until just tender.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
TUNA STEAKS WITH MUSTARD BUTTER

2 boneless tuna steaks (1/4 lb. each)
1 tbsp. each: reduced-sodium soy sauce, rice vinegar
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
1 tbsp. whipped butter, softened and divided
1/2 tsp. powdered mustard

In a container (not aluminum) that is large enough to hold tuna in a single layer, arrange tuna. Combine soy sauce, vinegar and ginger; pour over tuna. Let stand 5 minutes; turn tuna over and let stand 5 minutes longer.

In a cup or small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons butter and the mustard; mix until combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Melt the remaining teaspoon of butter and brush on the tuna steaks. Place on a heated grill for about 2 minutes; turn tuna over and drizzle with any remaining marinade. Cook 2 minutes longer.

Serve steaks topped with the butter/mustard mixture. This is a great way to use Market Day tuna steaks! Makes 2 servings.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
WOW!!! thanks buddy. the yellow fin sounds really good. they both do.

DaBulls

DaBulls

Awards
ya thanks for that recipe, i was a little skeptical putting the blob of tuna/egg on the foreman, but once that egg started cooking it pulled together and DAMN it was good!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm going to bump this simply because I've been eating a lot of tuna lately and the tuna burgers are by far the best way to eat them...oat flour, old bay, finely diced green peppers, and minced garlic...top off with a little ketchup or hotsauce....mmmm, :food:

djrobroe

Awards
so today i tried the tuna with eggs and relish burger....

FIREEEE! loveee it... lol

Smokey3957

Awards
How do you guys cook these?

I made up a batch and put them on the grill. They fell apart on me.

I was thinkin either GeorgeForminin' them up or pan searing them but I doubt I'd ever be able to get that rank smell outta my kitchen. Tuna doesn't have the best smell coming outta the can as it is, and it's much worse when it's heated up...

NateWA

NateWA

Awards
  • Established
Tuna stakes are awesome. Costco used to have frozen ones in bulk, havent looked in a while though so I don't know if they still do.

Naja

Awards
You can solve the tuna falling apart problem using egg white and psyllium husk. Half to one teaspoon of psyllium husk and just a wee bit of egg white per drained 6 oz can of tuna will add some fiber and consistency, and will make sure your burgers don't fall apart. Oat flour or wheat bran is also a lovely addition to help with the consistency, as well as with your own, er, personal regularity. :)

Ninsha

Ninsha

Awards
Had one of these today! It was delicious, and I will be making them again in the future.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to try these in a few days when i get some time, working stupid hours :( Do you chuck in the whole egg to make the burger or just the whites?

DaBulls

DaBulls

Awards
I used the whole egg... not sure if it matters either way, but I know for sure the whole thing will pull it all together once it starts cooking.

elscotto

elscotto

Awards
sounds awesome i have been havin tuna and cottage cheese on wholeweat bread and thats aight keen as for tha tuna burga

CrissyJ

Awards
Raw tuna tastes amazing also. Not Your Average Joe's has this raw tuna on a salad, delicious

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have cans of tuna and eggs... but no relish. I might have some pickles, though. If I can't find anything to mix in with the egg and tuna, then I'll just put some cheese on top. It'd be like a 'tuna cheeseburger.' I could put it on toast, like a tuna melt. I'll figure something out. But I'm hungry now, so I should head to the kitchen.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I made these last night...even had a friend over who is NOT worried at all about his health or what he eats. Both of us thought they were pretty decent...although he covered his in tartar sauce.

I got 5 patties out of the following:

4 cans tuna drained well
4 eggs
8 tablespoons oats
4 shakes low sodium soy sauce
21 grinds of pepper
1 teaspoon garlic
1 tablespoon sweet relish

form into patties and throw on the George Foreman grill until lightly crispy on the outside. I ate 2 last night, and 1.5 of them this morning for breakfast. YUMMY!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplement Logs 79
Supplement Logs 4
Nutrition / Health 18
Recipes 5
Beowulf Recipes 15