How to make Protein Pancakes

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
the ones by Healthy Cheat Foods...

I got some and made them today...

first off, I did the 1/2 cup product with 1/3 cup water...didn't make very many, I only got 2 pancakes out of that, just an appetizer for me...

but my real question is how can I make them more soft and fluffy, they we're kinda hard and coarse...

I tried not to "overmix" and I don't think that was the problem

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm, I'll have to play with them this weekend and see what I can figure out...I know if you let the mix sit for a little bit that it gets thicker...I like mine really thin though, so I tend to add water each time I pour another pancake.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
The half cup is a heaping half cup which is 86 grams.

I JUST made a batch about 3 mins ago and they were yummy :) Even my wife actually likes them and she is very picky about her food.

Sometimes I add a couple egg whites to up the protein level even higher or add some olive oil if I need more healthy fats for the day.

I also make two servings at a time, eat one serving and put the other half in the fridge. Then I have them cold with some fruit and healthy cheese they taste great and I get my multi vits for the day as well.

CROWLER

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established

I JUST made a batch about 3 mins ago and they were yummy :) Even my wife actually likes them and she is very picky about her food.

Sometimes I add a couple egg whites to up the protein level even higher or add some olive oil if I need more healthy fats for the day.

I also make two servings at a time, eat one serving and put the other half in the fridge. Then I have them cold with some fruit and healthy cheese they taste great and I get my multi vits for the day as well.

CROWLER

lmao, so then it's really not a "half cup"

what about adding milk instead of the water? anyone ever tried?

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I always wondered how you got 5 pancakes out of the 1/2 cup mix and 1/3 cup water.

I use a recipe of 1 cup oats (ground), 1 cup f.f.c.c. and 8 egg whites lightly blended together and that gets about 8 descent sized pancakes. I gotta try crowlers baby though. Seems almost too eay to make! :think:

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Has everybody given up on regular pancakes?
Want protein? Wash down your pancakes with some WPI.

Try this:

1 egg
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons peanut or olive oil.
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg yeast

For buckwheat pancakes, use 1/2 buckwheat flour.

Heat the milk to 100 degrees, add some sugar, and the yeast... let sit for about 20 minutes.

Beat the eggs, mix in the rest of the ingredients.

Cook on a slightly greased griddle until puffed and dry around the edges. Cook on the other side until done.

Drown pancakes in a sea of butter and real maple syrup. ;)

Pancakes without yeast taste like baking powder bisquits. Bleech!

-TT

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established

CROWLER
Martha Stweart I hate you, and you will drain me of every penny. $$$ :)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
lol at motiv8er

I just had some cold pancakes a cup of coffee an ephedrine and some BCAAs. Now I am off to the beach for a mile open swim followed by a 4 mile run. :)

Wow I love em with a little sugar free syrup from Walmart and I am good to go.

CROWLER

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Crowler, you know how to make man miss being easy like Sunday morning in a heart beat.

You had me at suga free syrup...

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the ones by Healthy Cheat Foods...

I got some and made them today...

first off, I did the 1/2 cup product with 1/3 cup water...didn't make very many, I only got 2 pancakes out of that, just an appetizer for me...

but my real question is how can I make them more soft and fluffy, they we're kinda hard and coarse...

I tried not to "overmix" and I don't think that was the problem
Did you ever figure this out? Sorry, I forgot to reply. I made some using a 1/2 cup of mix, a 1/4 of water and a tsp of oil. I got two medium sized pancakes that were indeed nice and fluffy.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
I use a recipe of 1 cup oats (ground), 1 cup f.f.c.c. and 8 egg whites lightly blended together and that gets about 8 descent sized pancakes. I gotta try crowlers baby though. Seems almost too eay to make! :think:
Sounds like the recipe in Bill Phillips' book Eating For Life. Good stuff!! My little 6 yr old Neice and nephew even like them, and talk about picky eaters.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like the recipe in Bill Phillips' book Eating For Life. Good stuff!! My little 6 yr old Neice and nephew even like them, and talk about picky eaters.
I seriously have been eating them everyday since my contest. They are soooo good I feel guilty...but then I remember what I made them with :rofl:

H

hensleyac

Awards
Alright, everyone here seems to really enjoy and know what this pancake mix is and where to get it. I'm a newbie learning my way around here. Please fill me in on the product name and a good source to buy from.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ok that recipe sounds great as to crowlers cakes but what is f.f.c.c.??

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
ok that recipe sounds great as to crowlers cakes but what is f.f.c.c.??
fat free cottage cheese. Recently I ran out of the f.f.c.c and just used low fat cottage cheese. That is the ticket. the low fat c.c. makes the cakes fluffier!!:burg:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Recipes 29
Distilled Water Recipes 8
Rush8780 Recipes 26
VS91588 Nutrition / Health 8
FBB_Suzanne Recipes 3