How to make Protein Pancakes

  1. Registered User
    FitModel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    865
    Answers
    0

    How to make Protein Pancakes


    the ones by Healthy Cheat Foods...

    I got some and made them today...

    first off, I did the 1/2 cup product with 1/3 cup water...didn't make very many, I only got 2 pancakes out of that, just an appetizer for me...

    but my real question is how can I make them more soft and fluffy, they we're kinda hard and coarse...

    I tried not to "overmix" and I don't think that was the problem

  2. Registered User
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,979
    Answers
    0

    Hmm, I'll have to play with them this weekend and see what I can figure out...I know if you let the mix sit for a little bit that it gets thicker...I like mine really thin though, so I tend to add water each time I pour another pancake.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  3. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,549
    Answers
    0

    The half cup is a heaping half cup which is 86 grams.

    I JUST made a batch about 3 mins ago and they were yummy Even my wife actually likes them and she is very picky about her food.

    Sometimes I add a couple egg whites to up the protein level even higher or add some olive oil if I need more healthy fats for the day.

    I also make two servings at a time, eat one serving and put the other half in the fridge. Then I have them cold with some fruit and healthy cheese they taste great and I get my multi vits for the day as well.


    CROWLER
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    FitModel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    865
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    The half cup is a heaping half cup which is 86 grams.

    I JUST made a batch about 3 mins ago and they were yummy Even my wife actually likes them and she is very picky about her food.

    Sometimes I add a couple egg whites to up the protein level even higher or add some olive oil if I need more healthy fats for the day.

    I also make two servings at a time, eat one serving and put the other half in the fridge. Then I have them cold with some fruit and healthy cheese they taste great and I get my multi vits for the day as well.


    CROWLER


    lmao, so then it's really not a "half cup"

    what about adding milk instead of the water? anyone ever tried?
  5. Registered User
    rysigpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    933
    Answers
    0

    I always wondered how you got 5 pancakes out of the 1/2 cup mix and 1/3 cup water.

    I use a recipe of 1 cup oats (ground), 1 cup f.f.c.c. and 8 egg whites lightly blended together and that gets about 8 descent sized pancakes. I gotta try crowlers baby though. Seems almost too eay to make!
  6. Registered User
    TINYTOAD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    49
    Posts
    502
    Answers
    0

    Has everybody given up on regular pancakes?
    Want protein? Wash down your pancakes with some WPI.

    Try this:

    1 egg
    1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
    1 cup milk
    1 tablespoon sugar
    2 tablespoons peanut or olive oil.
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 pkg yeast

    For buckwheat pancakes, use 1/2 buckwheat flour.

    Heat the milk to 100 degrees, add some sugar, and the yeast... let sit for about 20 minutes.

    Beat the eggs, mix in the rest of the ingredients.

    Cook on a slightly greased griddle until puffed and dry around the edges. Cook on the other side until done.

    Drown pancakes in a sea of butter and real maple syrup.

    Pancakes without yeast taste like baking powder bisquits. Bleech!

    -TT
  7. Registered User
    motiv8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,180
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    The half cup is a heaping half cup which is 86 grams.

    I JUST made a batch about 3 mins ago and they were yummy Even my wife actually likes them and she is very picky about her food.

    Sometimes I add a couple egg whites to up the protein level even higher or add some olive oil if I need more healthy fats for the day.

    I also make two servings at a time, eat one serving and put the other half in the fridge. Then I have them cold with some fruit and healthy cheese they taste great and I get my multi vits for the day as well.


    CROWLER
    Martha Stweart I hate you, and you will drain me of every penny. $$$
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  8. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,549
    Answers
    0

    lol at motiv8er

    I just had some cold pancakes a cup of coffee an ephedrine and some BCAAs. Now I am off to the beach for a mile open swim followed by a 4 mile run.

    Wow I love em with a little sugar free syrup from Walmart and I am good to go.



    CROWLER
  9. Registered User
    motiv8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,180
    Answers
    0

    Crowler, you know how to make man miss being easy like Sunday morning in a heart beat.

    You had me at suga free syrup...
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  10. Registered User
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,979
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by FitModel View Post
    the ones by Healthy Cheat Foods...

    I got some and made them today...

    first off, I did the 1/2 cup product with 1/3 cup water...didn't make very many, I only got 2 pancakes out of that, just an appetizer for me...

    but my real question is how can I make them more soft and fluffy, they we're kinda hard and coarse...

    I tried not to "overmix" and I don't think that was the problem
    Did you ever figure this out? Sorry, I forgot to reply. I made some using a 1/2 cup of mix, a 1/4 of water and a tsp of oil. I got two medium sized pancakes that were indeed nice and fluffy.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  11. Registered User
    CRUNCH's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,168
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by rysigpi View Post
    I use a recipe of 1 cup oats (ground), 1 cup f.f.c.c. and 8 egg whites lightly blended together and that gets about 8 descent sized pancakes. I gotta try crowlers baby though. Seems almost too eay to make!
    Sounds like the recipe in Bill Phillips' book Eating For Life. Good stuff!! My little 6 yr old Neice and nephew even like them, and talk about picky eaters.
  12. Registered User
    rysigpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    933
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUNCH View Post
    Sounds like the recipe in Bill Phillips' book Eating For Life. Good stuff!! My little 6 yr old Neice and nephew even like them, and talk about picky eaters.
    I seriously have been eating them everyday since my contest. They are soooo good I feel guilty...but then I remember what I made them with
  13. Registered User
    hensleyac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    34
    Answers
    0

    Alright, everyone here seems to really enjoy and know what this pancake mix is and where to get it. I'm a newbie learning my way around here. Please fill me in on the product name and a good source to buy from.
  14. Registered User
    acshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    304
    Answers
    0
  15. Registered User
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,979
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by hensleyac View Post
    Alright, everyone here seems to really enjoy and know what this pancake mix is and where to get it. I'm a newbie learning my way around here. Please fill me in on the product name and a good source to buy from.
    Whey Protein Isolate Concentrate, Cycle Support, diet, supplements - Our Retailers
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  16. Banned
    poopypants's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,208
    Answers
    0

    ok that recipe sounds great as to crowlers cakes but what is f.f.c.c.??
  17. Registered User
    rysigpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    933
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    ok that recipe sounds great as to crowlers cakes but what is f.f.c.c.??
    fat free cottage cheese. Recently I ran out of the f.f.c.c and just used low fat cottage cheese. That is the ticket. the low fat c.c. makes the cakes fluffier!!:burg:
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 08:35 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 12:37 PM
  3. How to make Protein Pancakes
    By FitModel in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 10:02 PM
  4. how to make protein smoothies?
    By minivin in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 07:39 AM
  5. How to make an avatar
    By Nelson in forum General Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 12:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in