Im in need of a good chicken or steak MARANADE!

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.95%

Im in need of a good chicken or steak MARANADE!

If you guys have any good chicken or steak marinade recipies lets hear them!

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.66%

Smile

Better late than never

Barbecue Spice Mixture

Makes about 4 Tbsp

You may want to make more than that if you like it

Ingredients
    2 tsp celery seeds
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp ground nutmeg
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion salt
    1 tsp dried marjoram
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp fresh ground black pepper

Method
    1. Grind the celery seeds to a powder and add to the other ingredients.
    2. Use immediately or transfer to an airtight jar and store in a cool dark place.

For Marinade
    Add this mixture to 2-4 oz of your favorite vinegar with some sliced onions and fresh garlic cloves. Add in about 4 Tbsp olive oil and you have a great marinade.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Id prefer to bbq chicken or steak, put some olive oil on a plate and throw some steak spice in it put the steak in there turn repeat give it a lil rub and bbq, marinades are good for poor quality steaks but interfere with getting a good sear which locks in the juices.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.98%

I've never used this on chicken, but on beef or venison it is excellent. All it is- 3 parts wish bone italian dressing, 1 part soy sauce.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

The best chicken is well marinated. Soak your chicken for 8+ hours in the fridge in a lemon juice or sprite based concoction. You can vary the ingredients like salt, pepper, paprika, celery etc to taste. The point is that the acid in the lemon juice / sprite breaks down the muscle fibers in the meat and makes it VERY succulent and juicy. It's the same reason you beer marinate BBQ. The carbonic acid breaks down the muscle fiber and makes it juicy!
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.12%

I agree with the Italian dressing. I marinate everything I grill with it. Chicken too. Sometimes I add a little paprika, tony's, etc. just for a little change. Excellent on chicken breast though.
  7. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.72%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by zachs View Post
    If you guys have any good chicken or steak marinade recipies lets hear them!
    2 shots tequila
    1/4 cup orange juice
    jalapeno slices or cayenne pepper or both
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 tsp adobo

That is better on chicken. For steak I prefer the spicy montreal steak seasoning plus a couple shots of bourbon or dark rum and a splash of worcestershire or soy/terriyaki

The main reason for the liquor is that it helps the spice intake into the fats, and into the meat in general. And it helps to get a vaccuum sealer, and use it with the jars they sell to vaccuum marinade the meats too.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.9%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Allegro meat marinade... in the same isle as the ketchup. Put it in a zip bag with the chicken for a couple of hours(even overnight if you want to). Fry it up in a skillet with some PAM and whammo, you'll never eat chicken the same way again.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.25%

For Steak

1 Can of Coke
    1/2 (~11oz) bottle of your favorite bbq sauce
    1/3 (~6oz) bottle of your favorite zesty italian dressing

Mix all in a bowl. Put steak in. Let sit for at least 8 hours. If the steak is very thick, over 3/4inch, let sit at least a day.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.5%

i always marinate in

sweet chilli sauce
    vegeta (mix of herbs)
    paprika
    black pepper
    sea salt

toss ingredients onto the steaks, then use your hands to mix it through. Use enough sweet chilli to cover the stakes and leave a little extra on the bottom, use the spices liberally. You can throw the stakes in the oven and set on a low heat and let it cook for 45 minutes- an hour. A stock will form from the meat and the marinade and the meat will end up falling off the bone tender and incredibly tasty. Its what i do ;P
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.68%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Marinade -
    1 piece (2 inches) Fresh Ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
    1/2 Red Onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
    4 cloves Garlic coarsely chopped
    1/2 cup chopped fresh Cilantro or Flat-Leaf Parsley
    1/4 cup dry Red Wine
    1/4 cup Soy Sauce (low sodium)
    1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
    1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper

Place ginger, onion, garlic and cilantro in a food processor and process until paste forms. Add the wine, soy sauce, oil, and pepper and process to combine.

Place the meat in a baking dish just large enough to hold it and spread the marinade over it. Let marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 4 hours, ideally 6 hours, or even overnight (12 hours) if time permits, turning the meat a few times.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.2%

Steak Marinade:

Submerge the steak in worcestershire sauce + your favorite red wine. Add Montreal steak seasoning, fresh minced garlic, salt, pepper, and onion powder if you have it. Leave it in the fridge for at least 45min to an hour, longer the better.

Another one I like to do is, Worcestershire sauce and some Jack Daniels, add personal preferenced seasonings, let sit for about the same amount of time as marinade from above. When you grill it, splash some jack on top of it after flipping it over. The flavor and aroma is amazing.

Chicken:

The Worcestershire sauce and red wine is actually another really good marinade for this.

other methods of cooking my chicken:

Breaded in Garlic/Lemon Pepper - Pregresso Bread Crumbs (Garlic and Herb), Lemon Pepper Seasoning, fresh cracked pepper, garlic, onion powder, minced dried onions, and salt. Clean the chicken, pat it dry with a paper towel then lightly glaze it with extra virgin olive oil then coat it in the breading. Cook it over the grill or in a pan using light amounts of pan spray.

Breaded in Garlic/Salmon Grill seasoning - Same Pregresso bread crumbs (Garlic and Herb). The Salmon Grill seasoning I normally get from my local supermarket at the meat area, ask for Salmon Grill Seasoning. Basically the Salmon Grill Seasoning is the replace for the Lemon Pepper Seasoning, the rest of the steps are the same.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.67%

My favorite spice or marinade is so easy but soo good. Its a spanish spice called sazon. I'm italian and usually like italian style marinades and dishes but my cuban friend made pork chops and chicken breast with sazon as the seasoning and it was amazing. Cheap and simple and great tasting.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.68%
    Achievements Posting Pro

broil and top with low fat blue cheese crumbles when served.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 02:28 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 07:42 PM
  3. In need of some help bros!
    By Blatalian in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 04:46 PM
  4. In need of reinforcements!!
    By bigpetefox in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14