Healthy Chilli

99sscamaroma

Awards
Cut up 4 large green peppers, 4 onions and 4 red peppers and place in a large, deep frying pan. Allow them to start to cook up and the liquid to drain from them. Then add 1-2 pounds of 99% free ground turkey breast to the peppers and onions along with some chilli powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Allow the meat, peppers, and onions to cook until almost all of the water from the vegetable has evaporated. Once the meat and vegetables are done cooking (approx 25-30 mins) put to the side and grab a large, deep pot and empty 5 large cans of tomato sauce, 5 cans of diced tomatoes, and then 2-3 cans of tomto paste (depending on how thick you want it). Season the sauces with the same ingredients as mentioned above and add the meat and veggies to the sauce. Allow the sauce, meat, and veggies to simmer on a low heat for about a half hour so the sauce can reduce. Then add 5 large cans ofred kidney beans and allow to simmer again for another 30 mins or so and your done! Tons of protein with the 99% fat free gorund turkey breast and kidney beans and plenty of veggies. Plus, since your using the water from the veggies as liquid to cook the meat in your not adding any oil and basically your getting lean meat, veggies, and beans. I didnt mention the amounts of the seasonings as they can be adjusted due to each persons taste. Enjoy!

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards
Sounds just like the chili I make. I usually use chopped or ground chicken though since it's cheaper. I also cook it in a crock pot for 5 hours or so, the chicken gets nice and tender.

99sscamaroma

Awards
Sounds just like the chili I make. I usually use chopped or ground chicken though since it's cheaper. I also cook it in a crock pot for 5 hours or so, the chicken gets nice and tender.
Yea I have done it with chicken as well and def just as good as with the ground turkey breast. I never even thought of the crock pot though as I usually let it simmer/reduce for only an hour or so as I dont want to leave it on the stove all day. I will def give that a try next batch of chili, thanks!

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cut up 4 large green peppers, 4 onions and 4 red peppers and place in a large, deep frying pan. Allow them to start to cook up and the liquid to drain from them. Then add 1-2 pounds of 99% free ground turkey breast to the peppers and onions along with some chilli powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Allow the meat, peppers, and onions to cook until almost all of the water from the vegetable has evaporated. Once the meat and vegetables are done cooking (approx 25-30 mins) put to the side and grab a large, deep pot and empty 5 large cans of tomato sauce, 5 cans of diced tomatoes, and then 2-3 cans of tomto paste (depending on how thick you want it). Season the sauces with the same ingredients as mentioned above and add the meat and veggies to the sauce. Allow the sauce, meat, and veggies to simmer on a low heat for about a half hour so the sauce can reduce. Then add 5 large cans ofred kidney beans and allow to simmer again for another 30 mins or so and your done! Tons of protein with the 99% fat free gorund turkey breast and kidney beans and plenty of veggies. Plus, since your using the water from the veggies as liquid to cook the meat in your not adding any oil and basically your getting lean meat, veggies, and beans. I didnt mention the amounts of the seasonings as they can be adjusted due to each persons taste. Enjoy!

thanks for the recipe bro

I

Insidious1

Awards
  • Established
Just got done cooking and eating it! FREAKIN GOOOOOOOD!

My roommate and i really enjoyed it! Thanks SOO much for the recipie! KEEP THEM COMING!

I only used one onion, and two green and two red peppers. I also used 2.6 lbs ot turkey. It filled up a WHOLE FREAKIN pot with just that! I used 1 can of tomato paste, one BIG can of tomato sauce...

GREAT STUFF! I also drained the vegies (a lot). and triple drained the turkey meat. It was dang near dry when i put it in. That should cut out a bit of what little fat was in there!

I'll be eating this for lunhc and dinner for the next two days! MMMMM

T

themandaloria

Awards
I want to try this. Anyways are crockpot's good? I need something to cook stuff easily, already got a george foreman

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards
I want to try this. Anyways are crockpot's good? I need something to cook stuff easily, already got a george foreman
Crockpots are great. They're so easy to use and make large batches for multiple meals.

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
Very good recipe. My mom does something very similar except we put are chili over pasta, I thought everybody did intill I was like 12. If you put it over whole wheat pasta then you have your carbs, protein, fats, and veg. very easy way to a good healthy meal. Mark

99sscamaroma

Awards
Very good recipe. My mom does something very similar except we put are chili over pasta, I thought everybody did intill I was like 12. If you put it over whole wheat pasta then you have your carbs, protein, fats, and veg. very easy way to a good healthy meal. Mark
No problem and I will def have to try it over some whole wheat pasta. Kinda of like american chop suey except with chilli. Glad everyone enjoyed the recipe!