Whey Gold Standard in Hot Coffee?

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I like to use a large scoop of Vanilla Whey Gold Standard in a cup of hot coffee as creamer. Any thoughts as to if the hot coffee degrades the Whey quality? ITS GOOD!!!

imprezzion

Awards
I like to use a large scoop of Vanilla Whey Gold Standard in a cup of hot coffee as creamer. Any thoughts as to if the hot coffee degrades the Whey quality? ITS GOOD!!!
Quite intetesting! Personally I can't stand the vanilla ON, but this maybe an exception. Not sure how much it degrades the whey or aminos, but even if it does degrade them 75% (way overestimating), it's certainly better than the coffee mate I used to use ....and still do sometimes.

I'm pretty sure the heat of the coffee is what does it. If you can stand it, try using coffee that isn't piping hot, and I'm sure it'll improve it.

Rodthrower18

Awards
I dont know about putting it in coffee but a scoop of chocolate in some hot chocolate is damned good tho you might need to add some water bc its like drinking a melted hersheys bar.

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
I make coffee ice cubes, then blend them (5 or so) with about a cup of non-fat milk, and a scoop or 2 of Choc Whey to make a nice, healthy ice mocha drink.

8pack

8pack

Awards
Mmmm, good ideas. Haven't tried the coffee, but hot chocolate with whey, and green tea with vanilla whey (cold, blended with ice to make a smoothie). delicious. I have seen Casein (same protein in creamer but in really small amounts there), advertised in bulk for BBing. Haven't tried it yet though...

livebono

livebono

Awards
I've actually done that before too, and even if it does take away from the nutritional value of the protein, it's probably better than any creamer you can find

ZERTZERT

ZERTZERT

Awards
Freakin Great

I tried the vanilla in the coffee...amazing. I am always looking for ways to change it up. Thanks. I almost tried to blend everything I eat together with my protein powder and liquid aminos just to get it over worth...haha