french toast, lots of protein and good carbs

JKC12482

Awards
you will need, the eggbeaters, with no fat or cholesterol,i think the smaller cartons have 48 grams of protein with 240 calories, and splenda, along with whole wheat toast/bread, of your choice depending on how many carbs you want, i go with the sarah lee, it's 15grams of carbs per slice so i go with two slices, pour the egg beaters into a bowl, you can divide the egg beaters by doing the math depending on how much protein/calories you need, let the bread soak in the eggs for 1 minute (make sure the bread is completely submerged), then cook on a skillet on medium heat, then pour the rest of the eggbeaters on the skillet and there you have it, good ol' scrambled eggs, now sprinkle splenda on top of your toast and you're ready to roll

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
wow, this sounds great, im going too have too try this

operation5pm

Awards
You could save some cash and skip the egg beaters...just use two whites and maybe one whole egg (if it fits your diet). I've done this before, tastes great.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I make french toast all the time but use whole eggs. Cholesterol is not a bad thing and neither are the healthy fats in the yolk. If it is not in your diet, then yeah whites are great but I feel personally that eggs are misunderstood. Eggs are very good for you. (Steps off soapbox)

Skyblue

Skyblue

Awards
good lord that sounds so good i might get off my couch and make that.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I am wondering how good the carbs are. Isn't this basically the same as having a wholewheat egg sandwhich with all those low GI and high GI load carbs?

CROWLER

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I am wondering how good the carbs are. Isn't this basically the same as having a wholewheat egg sandwhich with all those low GI and high GI load carbs?

CROWLER
Depends on the bread. Sarah lee has a low cal whole wheat with virtually no sugar. Only like 35 cals a slice and should be a pretty low GI considering most whole wheats are below 70 on the GI. Using whole eggs will also considerably lower the Glycemic load of the meal due to the slow digesting fats of the yolk and albumin in the whites and yolks. IMHO.

(New from Healthy Cheat Foods - Freedom Toast!)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rpm57 Recipes 0
SwolenONE Evomuse 24
RecompMan General Chat 9
Recipes 1
Recipes 7