Give me some ideas for eating while in class?

beefjerky

Awards
Hey all,
I'll be in school for 6 hrs straight not counting commute this semester and I was wondering what you guys would suggest for easy eating in class. I don't really have any break time in between as well and my daily diet is 3300 and will be going to 4000 for a little while at a 20f 35c 45p.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Protein bars should be easy to eat without drawing too much attention to yourself.

beefjerky

Awards
Hey guys, thanks for the help.
I'd rather avoid eating 3 protein bars a day, esp. with the calories I need. Perhaps sub sandwiches and protein shakes? heh

edit: was gonna rep, but mods, etc...

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, thanks for the help.
I'd rather avoid eating 3 protein bars a day, esp. with the calories I need. Perhaps sub sandwiches and protein shakes? heh

edit: was gonna rep, but mods, etc...
LOL, I was thinking you wanted something you could quietly nibble on in class without drawing attention to yourself. If you've got the freedom, then eating real food is the way to go.

beefjerky

Awards
Haha, I don't give a **** what other people think while I'm eating, I just wanna eat right.

NYhomeboy

Awards
  • Established
Low fat string cheese is your friend. I love that $hit for my protein+fat meals... allows me to at whole foods without having to carry around whey. I frequently eat chicken/almonds also in class and while walking actually. Just toss the chicken into the grill and wrap them all in foil. You won't draw much attention with that.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get ya whole wheat pita bread and pack it full of turkey or chicken and fat free cheese and some vegis. use mustard or some fat free salad spritzer for additional flavor.

whole wheat sub loaf and hollow out the middle and stack the **** out of it. Makes eating it a lot less messy.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, a good turkey sandwich with mustard and whole wheat bread could be good..

beefjerky

Awards
Hollowed out subs and nalgene protein shakes are on my hit list. Should be super easy with this.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha, I don't give a **** what other people think while I'm eating, I just wanna eat right.
LOL...I was that ******* that would pull all kinds of stuff out of his bookbag in class...I know it sounds odd, but you can get an insulated lunch bag from wal-mart or target (the pliable ones that are neoprene and such). It might help you with what you can bring, especially since you're going to be at school all day. And a personal favorite of mine is natty p/b with ground flax mixed in on whole wheat bread. It sounds like you might not like this though b/c it's carbs and fat at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Awards
watch out what condements you use, ketchup, garlic can be stinky and if you heat most stuff the smell will traval a long ways

burymestanding

burymestanding

Awards
I know how you feel. I am in that exact boat, along with work.... SO, I steam some brocceli the night before, and make enough sandwiches to eat every 2 hours. Its fast and easy. I eat my brocceli first and then the sandwich. I eat the brocceli cold and it doesnt taste much different. My favorite sandwich is cajun spiced turkey meat mmm ( I also throw on a grip of romain lettace and smart balance mayo which has omega 3 and 6 fatty acids) ooh yeah, and its on ww bread of course

beefjerky

Awards
SmartBalance makes mayo now?
School is starting in a couple of days, time to plan this ish out!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SmartBalance makes mayo now?
School is starting in a couple of days, time to plan this ish out!
Thats news to me, ima have to look into that ish! Might make tuna eatable as right now i wont touch the crap plain! ICK! :nono:

Awards
My first class is tomarrow. I just made my meals. Made a tuna burger to have on a pita w/ lettace at break time. Its a three hour class.
also i found a recipe for Basic Blender Mayonnaise
Ingredients:
1whole egg at room temp.
2 tablespoons wine vinegar at room temp.
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
3/4 cup vegetable oil(I used evoo)
pepper to taste

Directions:
Place egg, wine vingegar, salt, mustard in blender on low speed and add 1 Tbsp. oil. Whiz and then add remainder of oil in a slow stream till thick.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Munch on string cheese, peanuts, protein bars, cottage cheese when you need to be descreet. Sandwhiches and subs are good for break.

beefjerky

Awards
So far it looks like im downing 3 subs 2 x a week along with protein shakes. Mnn Mnn.

drumirvin

Awards
I bought me a little tool bag and some of those blue ice freezy thinga ma jigs...it fits up to four of my meals, seeing as I am dieting for a show. I got's to eat every two hours and have class as well. I use piss breaks that the teacher gives and warf down two chicken breasts and pre made yam fries..all cold of course. I individually put them in separate bags so I know the kcals are somewhat exact. One thing I do when I am extremely busy is make a two-can tuna shake with heavy cream/mustard/some fat free mayo and splenda, it's not to shabby...you can use chicken breast and steak to...though those are not the most appetizing. You are bulking though so you would obviously want to put some cals in there....go with the string cheese and peanut butter as well. Just try a little inventing and you can come up with a whole lot of fun stuff to naw on while class is going on. (as long as the teacher isn't an ass of course)
good luck...
Drum

beefjerky

Awards
oh man, that tuna shake made me a little uncomfortable.
so far, the sandwhich thing is turning out well. Not much variety, but I think I'm just going to get more creative with them.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, the tuna thing made me cringe. I was thinking more about this. Try checking out the Recipe section and look for some protein muffin or protein bar recipes too. And I don't think anybody has mentioned almonds either (a little better than peanuts nutritionally).

CallmeClark

Awards
  • Established
haha You guys and your tasty foods. I never use any condiments. The only thing that I eat with flavor are the one meal replacement bar a day and the shakes. Everything else is plain. Heh, must be nice eatin' mayo and mustard and cajun spices and stuff. lol I'm gettin' hungry.

beefjerky

Awards
The mayo I use is just like smart balance. Called "Smart Beat." What's wrong with mustard?

CallmeClark

Awards
  • Established
Nothing, I just have this thing about eating tasty food. If I eat something that has taste, it riles the fat kid inside my head. So, it makes sticking to my diet that much more of a pain. Don't get me wrong, I'm not weak willed or anything. I eat the same thing, day in and day out. But, not eating condiments helps me out tremendously. Heh, it may sound weird, but that's how I do it.

burymestanding

burymestanding

Awards
its not good to have absolutly no fats in your meals.... so by using something that has omega 3 fatty acids, is more bennificial than not. Or maybe ive been reading alot of books that have lies lately lol. as for protein bars..... ehhh, that could be determined by your bodytype if its right for you. I personally figured it would be high GI.

CallmeClark

Awards
  • Established
Heh, who's not eating fats? You're correct. Omega-3 Fatty Acids are good for you. I really like the Smart Balance Light w/Flax. You'd be surprised how much food out there actually has omega-3 fatty acids in it. Also, it's good to take a fish oil supp and flaxseed supp on top of your diet. Your body will respond well to these fats vs. saturated fat and trans fat. Fat is essential for our bodies, don't let anyone tell ya different ;).

lifthardheavy

Awards
for carbs, just eat plain whole wheat bread or soft crackers.

for protein, buy those egg whites in a carton, and freeze it. It will defrost in 3 hrs. Drink raw.

hey, I didn't say it'll taste good but in terms of quality meals, it can't be beat.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I personally like VPX Zero Impact bars, they have CLA and sesamin in them, along with other healthy fats, a nice slow release blend of proteins and sweet potatoe, brown rice and rolled oats for the carbs. They are also about 470 calories so they will sit much heavier than a normal bar.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Mix yogurt and egg whites together for a high protein smoothy, a trainer i work with showed me this and let me try it, it's not bad.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
The biggest thing i found about mixing egg whites in drinks before was the slimy texture but mixing it with yogurt isn't bad because they kinda blend together.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
Other than the sandwiches, shakes, jerky and bars, sometimes I like to put two cans of tuna in a tupperware w/ brown rice and hot sauce. It can be eaten cold or hot and it very convenient. If you like cottage cheese you could have a container of that w/ some nuts in it.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Why don't you just put cut up pieces of chicken with some brown rice in those tiny tupperware containers and bring them in one of those little insulated bags/lunchboxes. That's what I do at school.