Crunk or at least a little Protien?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does anyone know of any real recipes for a alcoholic drink mix that has some protien in it? Kinda a dumb question but hey if youre gonna drink wouldnt it be nice to have some protien with it (if you had no access to food). I tried to think of one but i dont think there is. any brainstormers that can make one up that tastes good?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Las thing you want is a high protein intake while taking in alcohol but since it's your body and not mine...Just make your regular protein mix and toss in some everclear.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know of any real recipes for a alcoholic drink mix that has some protien in it? Kinda a dumb question but hey if youre gonna drink wouldnt it be nice to have some protien with it (if you had no access to food). I tried to think of one but i dont think there is. any brainstormers that can make one up that tastes good?
I bet Syntrax Nectars Caribbean Cooler with Rum would be good. I've had a bloody mary with shrimp ****tail in it. That is about I'll I can come up with.

J, why would protein and alcohol be so bad together? Insulin?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
so j, you're saying eating some steak or bbq while drinking is bad:blink:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're going to have a drink here and there no but if you plan on doing this often while drinking more than small amounts, yeah.

chris3g

Awards
i've actually made a cherry i-pro + vodka before :rofl:

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
I don't think drinking on weekends do nearly as much damage as some say. I almost always drink on fri and sat nights and have not really had it effect me all that much. I never drink during the week though, I do limit it to those days and its more for the summer time down at the beach. I think if you were drinking 4 nights out of a week, then that would be a different story. Anyway, I just make sure to keep my water and food intake up during those days and it seems to work out ok. I don't think having protein in your drink would be all that important. Instead, I opt for those late night chicken burritos after closing time

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't think drinking on weekends do nearly as much damage as some say. I almost always drink on fri and sat nights and have not really had it effect me all that much. I never drink during the week though, I do limit it to those days and its more for the summer time down at the beach. I think if you were drinking 4 nights out of a week, then that would be a different story. Anyway, I just make sure to keep my water and food intake up during those days and it seems to work out ok. I don't think having protein in your drink would be all that important. Instead, I opt for those late night chicken burritos after closing time
I think you are underestimating it's effects. Try not drinking for 3 months and tell me your progress hasn't improved. If you haven't done this for a long time then your slower progress just seems normal.

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
I actually have stopped for 2 months one time. While there was a slight difference in progress, it wasn't very much. That's why I said I don't think it does nearly as much damage as people think. I didn't say it doesn't do any. Hard work can overcome much of your fun on the weekend.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually have stopped for 2 months one time. While there was a slight difference in progress, it wasn't very much. That's why I said I don't think it does nearly as much damage as people think. I didn't say it doesn't do any. Hard work can overcome much of your fun on the weekend.
What type of body type are you?
I'm an endomorph and it destroys any progress I would normally make. But my friends who are ecto's dont seem to have the same problems when drinking... well at least as much as I do

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
ecto/endo more towards ecto though. 5'10" 184 at 11-12%. that does have a lot to do with it now that I think about some of my other friends who do the same thing. I have cut back from my younger days though, I won't even touch the stuff during the week and in the winter I may only go out once every week and still not get that drunk.

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I thought alcohol impaired protein synthesis, so drink an alcoholic protein drink would seem kind of like an oxymoron wouldn't it?:confused:

I think if you're going to drink, have your couple of drinks, feel good, socialize and enjoy yourself and just remember to stay hydrated and don't overdo it. If you're so worried about whether alcohol by itself is going to affect you that you think throwing some protein into the mix is going to benefit you, just don't drink lol.

I'm not saying this is the case with you pistonpump. It's a general statement. :cheers:

Pretty basic yet interesting article I came across"

Alcohol and exercise don't mix - Sports