Natty Peanutbutter and Ground Flax Seeds

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This isn't really a recipe, but I thought I'd share none-the-less.

My natty pb is somewhat runny so I like to grind up some flax seeds in my coffee bean grinder and then mix it in with my pb (about 1/4 tbsp flax per 2tbsp of pb). I really like the taste and now my pb isn't runny at all...I guess I could just keep my pb in the fridge too though.

Last edited:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
does the flax overpower the natty pb?
I would say it did a little bit, but honestly it made the natty pb taste similar to reduced fat pb. And to tell the truth I probably could have used less flax than what I did and still ahcieved a less runny pb.

I would still do this in future, but maybe use fewer flax seeds so as to keep the the change of taste down as much as possible. It really doesn't take that much to thicken it up.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
i will definately give it a try bro. thanks for the tip

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe try it at the end of a jar or mix it in a bowl so if you don't like it you're not "tainting" a whole jar.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Taint? Sounds cool. I'll have to give it a try.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will give this a try. I use a PB with flax oil in it but this would be better. Nutrient wise.

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
you might also try mixing in some egg white beaters along with the flax seed like a few pb products out there do

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Anybody who can use peanut butter and taint in the same sentence deserves a response to his thread :D

I'll have to try this out.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did any of you guys actually try this out? I have since found Skippy "Natural" Peanut Butter. It's not quite the same as the other real natural PB's (they add like 3gms of sugar), but it comes in creamy and does not require the mixing like the others. I still like my original post best though - pb /w flax.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ground Flax seed can give you some pretty bad gas! If eaten whole though it does not have that effect :D

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ground Flax seed can give you some pretty bad gas! If eaten whole though it does not have that effect :D
LOL, Correction, it must give YOU bad gas b/c I have yet to make that correlation. I don't really eat more than 1 - 2tbsp per day though...hmm, what does that have to say about Crowler's cookies though? I do believe ground flax is one of the main ingredients.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LOL, Correction, it must give YOU bad gas b/c I have yet to make that correlation. I don't really eat more than 1 - 2tbsp per day though...hmm, what does that have to say about Crowler's cookies though? I do believe ground flax is one of the main ingredients.

Correction!!!!! Ask ADMIN about the farts :) I eat more flax than you, so there!!!!! :aargh:

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
Gas? If I eat a cookie bigger than 1/2 cup I'm on :dump:

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
I buy natty Pb called Naturally more. It comes with flax seeds and has some egg whites added for extra protein. Pretty good stuff. I get it from Walmart.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I buy natty Pb called Naturally more. It comes with flax seeds and has some egg whites added for extra protein. Pretty good stuff. I get it from Walmart.
Thanks for the info, I'll have to look for this stuff.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whole flax seed can't be digested and would be useless nutritional wise.

Elizzard

Elizzard

Awards
can anyone shed some light on where I could buy some ground flax seed? I've found flax seed mill, flax oil, and whole flax seeds...

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think what I purchased from WalMart was called Milled Flax Seeds. Now I just purchase the seeds and toss them in the coffee bean grinder.

Last edited:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Double post and can't delete for some reason.

Last edited:
Elizzard

Elizzard

Awards
Thanks! What if I don't have a coffee grinder :think: Would a food processor get the job done?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not sure, but that is a great question considering I just got one! I would assume so though.

Sorry if I wasn't clear though, but the milled flax seeds are ground up flax seeds...it's just cheaper to do it yourself.