tuna- fat free cottage cheese

burymestanding

burymestanding

Awards
I hate the taste of tuna, so I tried everything to block out the taste, and this is actually really good, and fast!

You take a half cup of fat free cottage cheese, mix it up with a half can of tuna in a bowl.

Calories: 80
fat: .5g
Carbs: 5g
Sugars: 4g
PROTEIN: 30g

R

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
pretty horribly nasty

glad you like it.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
I have blended oatmeal and tuna....tasted like vomit.

burymestanding

burymestanding

Awards
I have blended oatmeal and tuna....tasted like vomit.
haha at least you were brave enough to try it. this honestly isn't that bad, it just tastes like cottage cheese, and no tuna flavor!

Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Awards
Try ALR's recipe:

8 oz diet coke
1 can tuna
1 scoop vanilla whey protein

Blend until liquified---actually tastes pretty good.

Also, you can add a cup of dry oats and a little water, for an entire meal.

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I use rasberry balsamic vinegar and splenda mixed with my tuna.
I almost forget its fish :)

burymestanding

burymestanding

Awards
Try ALR's recipe:

8 oz diet coke
1 can tuna
1 scoop vanilla whey protein

Blend until liquified---actually tastes pretty good.

Also, you can add a cup of dry oats and a little water, for an entire meal.

I am so going to try that

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I've heard many times that orange juice and tuna blended is good. It's supposed to cover it up very well. I may try it w/ some low carb OJ.

I tried tuna blended w/ V8 & spinach once and it was horrible. I might try it agian, but soak the tuna in V8 for a while before. Somehow, the tuna in the shake still tasted dry.

Another trick is to drop the tuna in boiling water for a minute or so, then strain it out. Supposed to really help remove the fish taste. My dad used to do that with catfish and it worked very well. You could see oil from the fish, floating on top of the water.

Y

young_squatter

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have been eating this for 6 months, I love it. I do 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 pack tuna mix it together and put in freezer for 5-10 min and then eat it everynight before bed :)

burymestanding

burymestanding

Awards
I have been eating this for 6 months, I love it. I do 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 pack tuna mix it together and put in freezer for 5-10 min and then eat it everynight before bed :)

I am glad to hear that im not the only one who does this, I might have to try the freezer part