4 Egg Whites
2 Cups Oatmeal
1 1/2 Cup Oat Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
Cinnamon(To Taste)
Vanilla(To Taste)

* Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

* Put 2 1/2" muffin tins in muffin pans. Makes 24 2 �" muffins.

* Put the three bananas, 1 cup cottage cheese, 4 egg whites, 1 tsp baking powder, � tsp baking soda, cinnamon, and vanilla in a bowl. Mix these ingredients until they are blended **.

* Mix in the 2 cups oatmeal and 1 1/2 cups oat flour. Stir all the ingredients until blended. The consistency of the batter should be gooey. It should not be too dry or too runny.

* Put about 2 TBSPs of the mix in each muffin tin.

* Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the muffins are not gooey inside. The test if the muffins are done, poke on in the middle with a toothpick. If the toothpick is dry, they are done.

Calories: 73
Fat: 1
Carbs: 12
Protein: 4

Tasty Frosting
As you can see, these muffins lack protein. I discovered a delicious way to add some protein to these muffins by using protein powder. I use AST's vanilla VP2 (any should do). Here is what you do:

# Put 4 scoops of VP2 in a bowl.

# Add 4 packets of splenda for extra sweetness. This really makes it taste like frosting.

# Add 3 TBSP of water to the protein powder. This should make it nice and gooey. If it is still dry, add a little water. If you add too much water, the frosting will be too runny.

# Finally, simply spread the "frosting" over the tops of the muffins. You have now added 4 grams of protein, and plenty of taste, to each of the 24 muffins.

recipe I found that was made by Derek Charlebois

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
tried these before...they are really really good.... use a good protein for the frosting and you will love life.

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
I made these but added 1/2 cup of unflavored pro powder and 3tbl spoons of flax powder to the muffins along with 1/4 cup olive oil to offset the powder, they came out great.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I sometimes make just the frosting and eat when I get a sugar craving :)

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
^ yep me too, or drizzle it over a french toast(cinnamon/spray butter/splenda) WW bagel.

OCC- i used dymatize elite whey, gourmet vanilla.....i swear by dymatizes line of proteins, i look foward to drinking them every single day.

Markio

Markio

Awards
cheers OCCfan - to the people who are adding Whey Protein to the muffins, doesn't whey protein get degraded in high heat conditions?

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Nice recipe, now I gotta buy a friggin muffin pan!

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Nice recipe, may have to give it a try seeing that FnF and I made 2 giant bricks last weekend. They were supposed to be Oatmeal/Protein Bars. Well at least the birds around the house will be looking jacked.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
tried the muffins, they were excellent, thanks for the recipe. for the frosting i did one scoop vanilla whey mixed in with some sugar free/fat free vanilla pudding.........WOW. i felt guilty that it was so good and not bad for me!

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
im going make a batch tonight with cool whip on them. Im out of good protein :(

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely gonna be roasting this up tonight OCC. However, I will definitely not be calling them "Power Muffins".

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
just a note on the protein "frosting"....

If you put this on them and let them sit out you are risking bacteria growth and or amino breakdown since mixing with water and letting sit out.

But... muffins sound great and if you make the frosting and use it all at the time you will be golden.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
However, I will definitely not be calling them "Power Muffins".
Aww come on you know you want to! And when ever somone asks to have one of your muffins you better make sure to correct them and make em say power muffins!

Call em what ever ya want man still tastes damn good!

ok yea as I was writting this I realized power muffin was pretty corny, how about BAMF muffins? :icon_lol:

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
just a note on the protein "frosting"....

If you put this on them and let them sit out you are risking bacteria growth and or amino breakdown since mixing with water and letting sit out.

But... muffins sound great and if you make the frosting and use it all at the time you will be golden.

thanks for the heads up bro, i usually make the frosting and set it in the fridge until use. it doesn't sit in there long either!

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
looks really good, wondering about the protein thing at high heat.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
yep, i mix in COLD milk and then put it in the fridge for a little while and only put it on the muffins i am going to eat.

I couldnt imagine letting them sit out for a few days.