Killer 900 calorie protien shake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thAD

Awards
I was just sitting here drinking one, so I thought I'd share!

3/4 cup oatmeal (never instant)
35 grams whey protein
1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
1 whole banana
1 small handfull strawberries (frozen are cheaper)
1 cup lowfat strawberry bananna or vanilla yogurt (publix)
1 egg (yoke and all, f**k it)
3/4 cup milk
handful of ice

This turns out to be over 55 grams of good protein, great low glycemic and simple carb mix, and is just around 900 calories
It is awesome right before bed, or after breakfast, or post workout

Tip: always grind the oatmeal in the blender by itself first and then add the other ingredients :jaw:

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Call me crazy but a 900 calorie shake right before bed seems like a surefire way to get fat. Post workout I could maybe see this as being more usefull though.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sucks yummy for a breakfast shake. Low GI? I'm not so sure about that (Except for the Oats)

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
This looks filling.. Haha. I guess.. Shake for the ones that can't gain an ounce of fat and eat like horses ;)

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
sounds great but I gotta agree, a bit too much before bed for me anyway. and the strawberry's are not low GI for sure. Can you say insulin spike?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol..Yeah, I don't agree with shakes period..Let alone 900kcals of chum.

4thAD

Awards
Are you guys here to get big or hang around the beach all day! You guys amaze me! UHHHHheeheheooo thats too much before bed. Ever heard of over eating before bed to gain size? If you eat a clean diet you should not be fat!

PS that was a small handfull of strawberries!

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
900 calories before bed is severe overkill unless you're either of the EXTREME ectomorphic variety, or 250+ pounds. I challenge just about anyone on this Earth to drink that right before bed and not gain any fat from it.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
900 calories before bed is severe overkill unless you're either of the EXTREME ectomorphic variety, or 250+ pounds. I challenge just about anyone on this Earth to drink that right before bed and not gain any fat from it.

Come on, don't you want to be hyoooge? :icon_lol:

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are you guys here to get big or hang around the beach all day! You guys amaze me! UHHHHheeheheooo thats too much before bed. Ever heard of over eating before bed to gain size? If you eat a clean diet you should not be fat!

PS that was a small handfull of strawberries!

post some pics of yourself and we will decide who is big :)

4thAD

Awards
post some pics of yourself and we will decide who is big :)
I really dont need to prove anything to you fit. lets just say Im 223, and low BF. I was just trying to share a good recipe for bulking and you guys flame it. Last time I share anything with you!

EDITED POST: Play nice. Anabolic Minds is a forum where people treat each other with respect and humor.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
EDITED POST: Rage expressed righteous indignation at the rude behavior shown towards another board member.

We are in the business of bodybuilding, not packing on fat. If you think a 900 cal shake before bed is going to build LBM, you have a lot to learn.

I used to think "I don't want a beach body" but that was when I was fat and didn't have my diet down. Go figure that a lot of other's I've heard say this also don't have their diet in shape.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I really dont need to prove anything to you fit. lets just say Im 223, and low BF. I was just trying to share a good recipe for bulking and you guys flame it. Last time I share anything with you! Also from your pic you look like your about a 45 yo female, so the BULKING shake wouldnt be for you anyway's!

Damn, Yes, I am 43 years old with more muscle than you punk! So get off your attitude!

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
HAHahha stupid computers. I posted my first post and the page messed up, go figure the actual post went through.

FnF, he's just jealous you can lift more than him. :icon_lol:

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey Pit, you're avy is going to get me socked in the head by the wife. LOL...I'm serious.

:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.