Low Sodium Cookbook

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Recently I went on a low sodium diet, and realized how much sodium is in every day products. I found it hard to find meals that tasted good, were low in sodium, and also were healthy choices. Because of this, I thought we should start a Low Sodium Cookbook on AM! I know I'm not the only one here who's on such a diet, and even if you are not, I'm sure we can come up with some good stuff for everyone.

I'd appriciate it if everyone would share what they have, I'll add things as I create them.

Today I just have 1 marinade that I've been using and love.

Low Sodium Spicy Chicken Breast

This recipe requires a marinade time for best results, although it's possible to use as a type of BBQ sause if you just want to eat right away and spice up the meal.

For 1lb of chicken

2 tbsps Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
5 tbsps of water

and depending on your heat tolerance (I recommend starting low)

0-1 tbsps of Dave's Insanity Hot Sause

Mix in a small pan. Take chicken and with a knife make a few small holes in the breast. Lay the chicken in the pan and rotate after 2 hours. Let it sit at least 3 hours. Cook until meat is white throughout, but do not over cook. Enjoy!

Side Note: It's possible to make a large batch and toss in a weeks worth of chicken to cook at one time. Great way to get some flavor in your meals on the go.