- 06-21-2006, 12:05 PM
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup dark raisins
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup dried apricots
1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup golden molasses
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch gray salt
1/2 cup milk (2 percent is preferable)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Place oats and sliced almonds on a baking sheet. Toast in oven for 10 minutes.
Set aside. Turn the oven to 325 degrees F.
Place raisins, apricots, oats, and almonds in a food processor. Pulse about 10 times
until coarsely chopped. Set aside.
In the bowl of a heavy-duty mixer fitted with a paddle, beat the butter, brown sugar,
molasses and egg until light and fluffy.
In a separate bowl, combine both flours, dry milk, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda,
vanilla, and salt. Add to the creamed mixture. Add the milk and mix thoroughly. Add dried
fruit mixture. Butter a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan. Pour in the batter and spread evenly.
Bake for about 30 minutes, until set. Cool in the pan. Cut into 18 (1 by 4-inch) bars.
To store, wrap bars individually in plastic wrap. Will keep for about 1 week. For longer
storage, freeze for up to 3 months.
- 06-27-2006, 03:06 AM
06-28-2006, 01:21 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By mondata in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 6Last Post: 03-07-2012, 12:29 AM
- By gdbear65 in forum RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-09-2007, 01:04 PM
- By adpanther in forum RecipesReplies: 4Last Post: 05-17-2006, 04:15 PM
- By bpdaddy in forum SupplementsReplies: 8Last Post: 12-19-2002, 12:00 PM
- By whale in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 11-12-2002, 03:51 PM