- 06-18-2006, 01:24 AM
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
You Will Need
1 small onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup quick-cooking barley
2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
1. In a large skillet, saute onion and carrot in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the barley; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in 1 cup broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until liquid is absorbed.
2. Add asparagus. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until barley is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally and adding more broth as needed. Stir in marjoram and pepper; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional analysis: 3/4 cup equals 226 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Similar Forum Threads
- By DNAMP in forum Old School Hormone UseReplies: 11Last Post: 04-07-2012, 09:46 PM
- By comacho in forum SupplementsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-15-2008, 11:05 AM
- By Bering C in forum General ChatReplies: 3Last Post: 04-26-2008, 07:03 PM
- By strangebrew in forum Weight LossReplies: 1Last Post: 08-27-2005, 08:43 PM
- By lozgod in forum AnabolicsReplies: 9Last Post: 02-24-2005, 01:17 PM